NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The utter SHIT that is Beyoncé and the music industry!!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The utter SHIT that is Beyoncé and the music industry!!! Empty The utter SHIT that is Beyoncé and the music industry!!!

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:51 pm

You will need to read the article in its entirety first please:

Beyonce is Destroying Your Daughter, Not Empowering Her

Over the weekend, pop singer Beyonce released a new album called “Lemonade” (because if life gives you lemons). For a piece of work hailed as “groundbreaking” and “brilliant,” it’s strange that the title is one of the most overused cliches in the history of cliches.

But this is the advantage of being a feminist sex icon in modern America. Everything you do and say will become the greatest thing anyone has ever done or said, that is until the next thing you do or say. Beyonce does not occupy this category alone, but due to her race and her dancing ability, she stands at the pinnacle of it.

Never mind that “Beyonce” is more a brand than a person. The lady herself is a person, but what’s presented to the world is a carefully constructed and marketed product. It’s a narrative, a story, a walking and talking fantasy novel for girls. I don’t know how much of the final manuscript is Beyonce’s brainchild and how much comes from the team of people around her, but rest assured that everything we see is manufactured. This, after all, is a woman who hired a “visual director” to follow her around and document and stylize her every move.

None of this is unique to her, of course. What I’m articulating is a familiar lament about all pop music today. It’s not art, it’s advertising. Like superhero films are designed just to hock action figures and sell tickets to the next superhero film, Beyonce’s albums are designed to hock her fashion line and sell downloads of her next album. Everything in pop culture is a franchise now, including pop singers. It’s all made for the purpose of perpetuating itself, like a virus. It certainly is not interested in expressing anything true or beautiful or good or difficult or joyous or painful. As the new iPhone is just the old iPhone with different commercials, so the new Beyonce song is just the old Beyonce song with an arguably different computer-generated beat.

But, as I said, I could lob that criticism at most of what we consume in this culture. So much of it is bland, superficial, repetitious, existing for its own sake. Devoured quickly, with little intellectual effort, leaving you still hungry and slightly nauseated. I find it therefore annoying and confusing when people speak of Beyonce’s alleged genius, but the unwarranted intellectualization of vapid, empty nonsense is not the most troubling aspect of all of the Beyonce adulation in this culture. The most troubling aspect is that her music is called ”empowering.”

I only found out about the album because social media was overrun on Saturday night with women declaring how “empowered” they feel by Beyonce’s latest offering. The media has crowned it the most empowering anthem to womanhood ever produced. The Daily Beast took it a step further, announcing that the “breathtaking” work of art calls us to “introspection, to speculation, and, most fiercely, to action.”

The album has been extolled as a “beautiful,” “stunning,” “powerful,” and “epic” masterpiece. The Pieta is a lump of Play-Doh in comparison. Beethoven’s 5th is mere flatulence when stacked against this album. Even God’s most awe-inspiring artistic achievements – Mount Everest, Victoria Falls, the universe itself – all melt away in the blinding light of ”Lemonade.” That’s the gist of the critical response.

One feminist website went so far as to chronicle 45 lyrics that, they promise, “you won’t be able to stop thinking about.”

Please read the entire article as there is much more:

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/beyonce-is-destroying-your-daughter-not-empowering-her/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=ShareButtons
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The utter SHIT that is Beyoncé and the music industry!!! Empty Re: The utter SHIT that is Beyoncé and the music industry!!!

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Here is an example of the "empowering" and "brilliant" lyrics from the lady President Obama claims is a great role model for his daughter:

Enjoy!

Who the f*** do you think I is?

You ain’t married to no average b***h boy
You can watch my fat ass twist boy
As I bounce to the next d*ck boy
And keep your money, I got my own
Get a bigger smile on my face, being alone
Bad motherf*****, God complex
Motivate your ass call me Malcom X
Yo operator, or innovator
F*** you hater, you can’t recreate her no
You’ll never recreate her no, hero

…And…

Going through your call list
I don’t wanna lose my pride, but I’ma f*** me up a b**ch
Know that I kept it sexy, and know I kept it fun

…And…

He trying to roll me up, I ain’t picking up
Headed to the club, I ain’t thinking ’bout you
Me and my ladies sip my D’USSÉ cup
I don’t give a f***, chucking my deuces up
Suck on my b*lls, pause, I had enough
I ain’t thinking ’bout you
I ain’t thinking ’bout

Middle fingers up, put them hands high
Wave it in his face, tell him, boy, bye
Tell him, boy, bye, middle fingers up
I ain’t thinking ’bout you

…And…

Y’all haters corny with that Illuminati mess
Paparazzi, catch my fly, and my cocky fresh
I’m so reckless when I rock my Givenchy dress (stylin’)
I’m so possessive so I rock his Roc necklaces…

Oh yeah, baby, oh yeah I, ohhhhh, oh, yes, I like that
I did not come to play with you hoes, haha
I came to slay, b***h
I like cornbreads and collard greens, b***h
Oh, yes, you besta believe it

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The utter SHIT that is Beyoncé and the music industry!!! Empty Re: The utter SHIT that is Beyoncé and the music industry!!!

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:53 pm

And another:

Driver roll up the partition please

I don’t need you seeing Yoncé on her knees

Took 45 minutes to get all dressed up
We ain’t even gonna make it to this club
Now my mascara runnin’, red lipstick smudged
Oh he so horny, yeah he want to f***
He popped all my buttons and he ripped my blouse
He Monica Luwinski’d all on my gown
Whoa dere daddy, daddy didn’t bring a towel

This is all quite incoherent, but I was able to discern 6 messages your daughter will hear loud and clear while listening to “Lemonade:”

Lesson 1: Use sex as a weapon to possess and to gain revenge.

Lesson 2: Find self-worth in your money and the expensive things you can buy.

Lesson 3: Speak with the grace and femininity of a drunken frat boy, saying things like “suck on my b*lls.”

Lesson 4: Never hesitate to f*** a b***h up.

Lesson 5: Express your empowerment with middle fingers.

Lesson 6: Eat corn bread and collard greens.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Is Beyonce the one with a big arse?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:02 pm

I quite like the one about putting a ring on it.

Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
'Cause if you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:14 pm

She has become a media whore to be blunt.

To call her music "empowering to women".....

What does this say????
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:15 pm

eddie wrote:She has become a media whore to be blunt.

To call her music "empowering to women".....

What does this say????

I don't know. I confess that I didn't read the whole article. Embarassed
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Is "empowering" music just about lyrics anyway? Isn't it also about rhythm and how it affects one's mood? I think I only know the one about putting a ring on it, and I get Beyonce mixed up with several other singers because it's not really my thing.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:00 pm

It's just about what is wrong with everything in the world.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Is Beyonce the one with a big arse?

lol!

The lyrics rather than empowering young women are more likely to give them the thumbs up to act and behave like slappers imo.
I liked her before she did that ridiculous duet with her ugly OH at some awards a couple of years ago.
Do we really need to know what they do in bed whilst she gyrates up and down his leg??

All that trying too hard to prove they cant keep their hands off each other tells us is that their marriage is on the skids. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:50 pm

Quite!
H
She started out just as Rianna did; full of talent and fresh and raw, no plastic and sex, just themselves.

What happens? Someone gets their hands on  them and says "Let's sex you up, sing some completely inappropriate things, get you to show off pretty much most of your crotch, knock out some shit beats to mediocre tunes and you're sold!"

And they shove this down young teen's throats everywhere....and young children too.

Why? That's my question? Why do "they" (whoever they are???) want to sell our children an overtly OTT sexual image?

Why?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:09 pm

eddie wrote:Quite!
H
She started out just as Rianna did; full of talent and fresh and raw, no plastic and sex, just themselves.

What happens? Someone gets their hands on  them and says "Let's sex you up, sing some completely inappropriate things, get you to show off pretty much most of your crotch, knock out some shit beats to mediocre tunes and you're sold!"

And they shove this down young teen's throats everywhere....and young children too.

Why? That's my question? Why do "they" (whoever they are???) want to sell our children an overtly OTT sexual image?

Why?
Why? because sex sells. It doesn't matter to them that youngsters are buying. Black music now treats women like slags, watch the videos...and the women in the videos like it.....kids see that and before long it becomes the norm and kids become sexualised far younger.

Similar thing happened in a UK survey a few years ago. Youngsters were asked who they aspired to be when they grew up, the top answer was Jordan...and this was before she became semi respectable and stopped walking round with ginormous boobs showing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:12 pm

What a load of nonsense.

So some of you do not like her music or her latest music

Big deal

I personally think this has more to do with something someone else believes, as to why they are attacking Beyonce

I doubt she cares what some people think on a tiny forum anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:19 pm

didge wrote:What a load of nonsense.

Big deal

I personally think this has more to do with something someone else believes, as to why they are attacking Beyonce

Why is it nonsense?
I always liked Beyoncé, I think she has a great voice and had a great way of acting and showing herself off.
Over the last couple of years she has changed and uses sex, and in particular sex with her grotesque OH to sell her records.
As many of her fans are young kids and she is a married mother of 36...he is middle aged...they are obviously a business partnership rather than the overtly sexual couple they sell themselves as....it's just a money making machine...at the expense of gullible kids who are led to believe as Eddie said, that her words are empowering....nope, they are not.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I quite like the one about putting a ring on it.

Cause if you liked it, then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
'Cause if you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

I liked that one...and I actually understood what she was meaning. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:23 pm

Syl wrote:
didge wrote:What a load of nonsense.

Big deal

Why is it nonsense?
I always liked Beyoncé, I think she has a great voice and had a great way of acting and showing herself off.
Over the last couple of years she has changed and uses sex, and in particular sex with her grotesque OH to sell her records.
As many of her fans are young kids and she is a married mother of 36...he is middle aged...they are obviously a business partnership rather than the overtly sexual couple they sell themselves as....it's just a money making machine...at the expense of gullible kids who are led to believe as Eddie said, that her words are empowering....nope, they are not.

People will do many things to sell records, its part and parcel of the industry

I remember when Frankie Goes to Holywood caused an uproar and just look back now at that.

Again I have a suspicion this is actually more about something else why this thread was started, that is because I read between the lines in other debates

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:25 pm

No, that's the vacuous moron Kardashian.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:25 pm

I used to really like Beyoncé. She has a fantastic voice, she's stunningly beautiful and is a brilliant mover and performer.

Her early stuff was pretty good (not that I bought anything as it's not my cup of tea per se) but I'd him along and think "Wow, she's a real raw talent!"

Now??? I'm appalled her the lyrics on her new album. I'm appalled she's okay with this and I feel embarrassed for her.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I quite like the one about putting a ring on it.

Yes - it actually has a bit of a tune and it's quite lively, and I also understood it - well I think I did anyway. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:27 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

No, that's the vacuous moron Kardashian.

There was one before the Kardashian woman. I'm not sure if it was J Lo or Beyonce. Everyone used to go about her arse all the time. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:28 pm

eddie wrote:It's just about what is wrong with everything in the world.

Totally agree. Beyonce is a beautiful woman and she can sing, and while I don't listen to her music, she's ok. But she's manufactured and I'm not even sure if she actually writes her own songs. Most people swear but I don't think it's right in songs, or for promoting empowerment, male or female, to impressionable kids. The lyrics are actually meaningless drivel and don't strike at anything remotely powerful within.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes - it actually has a bit of a tune and it's quite lively, and I also understood it - well I think I did anyway. Laughing

Put A Ring On It, is the only song of hers I'll listen to. And I love the vid.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:33 pm

I laughed myself silly, the first time I ever saw Wrecking Ball. I can't stand Miley Cyrus...she's got a toxic tongue.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:35 pm

Vaccuous is the word.
They've all become like a pretty, empty vase.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:44 pm

I would say women getting together bitching is the word for it.

All of course perfect ladies without a blemish wrong in their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Yes Didge.
I'd say someone of your obvious intellect with nothing to say in this thread, would probably be better off going and posting up a historical story, about seven miles long, about a long dead King, that someone else wrote.

I'll be sure to avoid it until I'm ready for a literary sedative to put me to sleep.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:52 pm

eddie wrote:Yes Didge.
I'd say someone of your obvious  intellect with nothing to say in this thread, would probably be better off going and posting up a historical story, about seven miles long, about a long dead King, that someone else wrote.

I'll be sure to avoid it until I'm ready for a literary sedative to put me to  sleep.

Do not worry, I have sent Victor and PM, as I am not going to tolerate youyr crap any longer

The accusations you labelled at me tonight is beyond a joke

So much for debate the points and not the poster

You and ben clearly are acting like twats, so do not worry, I shall not be here much longer

You can then continue to spout your conspiracy bullshit unchallenged Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Playing the victim are we?

Don't be so utterly stupid. If you're going to leave then leave! What are you waiting for?

You constantly challenge and talk to people like shit and then have a small girl's hissy fit over being challenged yourself!!

You reported me? What for? Giving an OPNION about you??

To use your own phrase:

Grow the fuck up!!

And as for being challenged - I don't mind being challenged by someone who actually reads what he's challenging!!

Stupid fuck.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:57 pm

eddie wrote:Playing the victim are we?

Don't be so utterly stupid. If you're going to leave then leave! What are you waiting for?

You constantly challenge and talk to people like shit and then have a small girl's hissy fit over being challenged yourself!!

You reported me? What for? Giving an OPNION about you??

To use your own phrase:

Grow the fuck up!!

And as for being challenged - I don't mind being challenged by someone who actually reads what he's challenging!!

Stupid fuck.

I am done with you, you area vile nasty bitter person

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:22 pm

didge wrote:I would say women getting together bitching is the word for it.

Wrong Didge as per.
Some people have young daughters, the message that a very popular modern woman gives out is important....obviously not to you because you are not looking at it from a parental point of view.
But to see a woman who young kids look up to act like a slapper....albeit a married slapper old enough to be their mothers, is worrying if the kids buy into her manufactured persona.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:26 pm

People are of course free to tell their young daughters not to watch Beyonce, or to advise them not to look up to her.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:28 pm

Syl wrote:
didge wrote:I would say women getting together bitching is the word for it.

Wrong Didge as per.
Some people have young daughters, the message that a very popular modern woman gives out is important....obviously not to you because you are not looking at it from a parental point of view.
But to see a woman who young kids look up to act like a slapper....albeit a married slapper old enough to be their mothers, is worrying if the kids buy into her manufactured persona.

Then you do not let your daughters listen to it then
Thatr does not give you the right to then bitch about someone
I suiggest people take a long hard look at themselves first before they do
Again this thread was started because someone is a fruit loop and things Beyonace is in the Illuminati

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:People are of course free to tell their young daughters not to watch Beyonce, or to advise them not to look up to her.

Well I agree and that would be my approach too.
Sadly not every parent is as watchful, and if they are not, in the end who is the one that has a distorted view of how a woman should act....not the parent.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:38 pm

He's gone again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Is Didge guest?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Syl wrote:Is Didge guest?

Yes. This is getting on my wick. How many times is he going to flounce and then return the next day?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:43 pm

Oh dear...just as me and Didge seemed to be acknowledging some sort of mutual understanding too. What a Face

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Why do the admin keep letting him do this?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:49 pm

One thing about Didge though, he starts a lot of threads and some of them are really interesting....He varies the topics and usually responds to replies.

Last edited by Syl on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Perhaps we won't this time.
As usual he attacked the poster (me) and not the post.

If I wanted this thread to be about the illuminati, I'd have bloody well mentioned it.

It was about her music and her "management"
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:52 pm

Syl wrote:One thing about Didge though, he starts a lot of threads and some of them are really interesting....He varies the topics and usually responds to replies.
I

Yep. He's a great thread-starter, it's just the rest of his debate that sucks sometimes.
He also posts some great inspirational videos and stories, where you get HIS opnion.

Anyway, this is not going to be a personal thread about him.
So let's drop it please.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:54 pm

And I will quite his own words:

OP bumped after the constant attempts to derail, the thread by attacking a poster and not the points

Floor is open
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:57 pm

I've forgot what I was going to say now. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Why should it be dropped? He does this over and over again, and then comes back and behaves in exactly the same way as he did before. How many times is it now?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Why can't he just log out if he's pissed off? That's what he tells others to do.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:02 pm

I hope Adele doesn't go the way of Beyoncé. I'm not fond of her music at all, I find it dreary, but at least they're proper songs with stories or meanings.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:18 pm

I somehow cant see Adele strutting around half undressed on stage...singing about getting filthy and graining, surfing and rubbing on some oversexed big male body.The utter SHIT that is Beyoncé and the music industry!!! Emotigal-fainting-gif
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Neither can I.
For a start her music is too slow and depressing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:42 pm

I am very happy to say, brought up as a feminist, my grandaughter finds the words of Beyonce's songs utterly demeaning to women, and when they go on about her 'empowering' women she just rolls her eyes and laughs.  Empowering men to treat women like playthings more like.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:46 pm

Your granddaughter is spot on. Would be nice if all women could think like that.

It actually worries me that young girls hear this and think it's ok???
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next