NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For anyone who likes racking their brains over puzzles.

2 posters

Go down

For anyone who likes racking their brains over puzzles. Empty For anyone who likes racking their brains over puzzles.

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Get going with these..some are old some are new.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3557262/Can-solve-riddle-missing-1.html

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

For anyone who likes racking their brains over puzzles. Empty Re: For anyone who likes racking their brains over puzzles.

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:08 pm

The £1 riddle that centres around a restaurant bill that doesn't seem to add up is the latest fiendishly tough brain teaser to leave the internet baffled

After the waiter takes their money, he realises that he's made a mistake in totting up the bill and instead of £30, the party should only have been charged £25.

However, he can't figure out how to split £5 evenly. So he decides to give each diner back £1 from the extra £5 and keep £2 for himself.

Each of the three diners gets £1 back that meaning they paid £9 each for their meal, bringing the total to £27.

If the waiter keeps £2, that brings the total to £29 - so where did the other £1 go?

The answer is that the £1 is not actually missing, you just need to approach the calculation in a different way.

You add it up by taking into account the £25 cost of the meal, plus the £3 given to the diners and the £2 kept by the waiter, which works out at £30.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

For anyone who likes racking their brains over puzzles. Empty Re: For anyone who likes racking their brains over puzzles.

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:11 pm

That's an old one that seems to be doing the rounds again.
It doesn't work out one way but it does works out another way.
I think it's one of those puzzles that has two ways of working it out....maybe. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Syl wrote:That's an old one that seems to be doing the rounds again.
It doesn't work out one way but it does works out another way.
I think it's one of those puzzles that has two ways of working it out....maybe. scratch

I don't know but it's clever and I like stuff like that

The other bits in the link you put up are pretty cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:15 pm

The one that looks like an upside down bat....if you look away then look again you may see what the pic actually is...I did, my OH didn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Syl wrote:The one that looks like an upside down bat....if you look away then look again you may see what the pic actually is...I did, my OH didn't.

That's cos men are blind pretty much lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Haha,,,,dont you believe it, my OH has eyes like a shithouse rat.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Syl wrote:Haha,,,,dont you believe it, my OH has eyes like a shithouse rat.

Doesn't he ever do the "Where's the mustard?" when he's looking in the fridge and it's right there, big and yellow and looking like mustard?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Haha,,,,dont you believe it, my OH has eyes like a shithouse rat.

Doesn't he ever do the "Where's the mustard?" when he's looking in the fridge and it's right there, big and yellow and looking like mustard?

Well now you mention it....yes, he does do that. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down