NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip

+4
Major
'Wolfie
eddie
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip - Page 2 Empty Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:12 am

First topic message reminder :

Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip - Page 2 Receipt

A Charlotte waitress says she was infuriated and hurt when a group of ladies left a message for her on their bill – taking aim at her sexual orientation.

Alexandra Judd works at Zada Janes in Charlotte’s Plaza Midwood. She says a group of patrons she served for lunch Tuesday morning left her a “hateful message” in lieu of a tip.

A Bible verse was left on the tip pointing Judd to Leviticus 20:13.

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination,” the King James version of the Old Testament verse reads. “They shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

Judd is gay.

The bottom of the receipt had a message for her as well: “Praying for you!”

“I never expected a hateful gesture like this,” Judd said of the comments. “I’ve had a guest leave me a pamphlet to their church as a tip one time, but I didn’t feel as if they were being hateful towards me. The ladies that came in were very rude, and would hardly talk to me – but I never expected this.”

She says she was infuriated and hurt by what she saw.

“I’ve heard of people leaving fake money, or writing funny stuff in the tip spot of a check but never believed it would happen to me, in the way that it did,” she said.

Judd posted a picture of the receipt on her Facebook page. Her co-workers and friends have shared the post and shared their shock and anger in the comments.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/community/news-alliance/wbtv-news/article72735012.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip - Page 2 Empty Re: Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip

Post by Miffs2 Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:23 pm

eddie wrote:Wait for the chorus...!

And don't blame me when you're singing it all night either

I did it. I knew I shouldn't but I watched it. pale
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip - Page 2 Empty Re: Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip

Post by veya_victaous Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:40 am

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:
Stormee wrote:

You are being personal ALL the time, stick to the post, NOT the poster.

Post and poster intertwined, as the post could not have been made without the poster being a ranting homophobic bigot.

Discuss the topic, not the poster.

She is...
your post was disgusting homophobic crap that only a cretin would post.

Gay waitress left with Bible verse in lieu of tip - Page 2 ZSrG91N
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:36 am

Exactly that Veya lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2