NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web Is Freaking Out Over This No-Kill Spider Catcher

3 posters

Go down

The Web Is Freaking Out Over This No-Kill Spider Catcher Empty The Web Is Freaking Out Over This No-Kill Spider Catcher

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Some people use bug spray, others use a boot but there’s a more humane way to catch spiders.

My Critter Catcher has been making videos about its product since 2012, but since Insider picked up on it and posted a video of the amazing arachnid eliminator on its Facebook page on April 12, it has gone viral, receiving over 61 million views and over 800,000 shares.

So what gives this device a leg (or eight) up? It’s the insect-friendly invention’s brilliantly benevolent nature. Instead of killing a spider (or wasp, grasshopper, roach, scorpion or any of the other pests the gadget’s site claims to be able to nab) this product allows one to catch and release. The no-kill device is also appealing to people who have a fear of creepy crawlers, being that it’s on a 25.5-inch-long stick, which offers plenty of distance between human and bug

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/critter-catcher-device-humanely-catche-and-releases-spiders-bugs_us_570fd5eae4b03d8b7b9fc560?utm_hp_ref=good-news

Back to top Go down

The Web Is Freaking Out Over This No-Kill Spider Catcher Empty Re: The Web Is Freaking Out Over This No-Kill Spider Catcher

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:46 am

Razz

SPIDERS aren't insects...
AND NONE of the insects listed are genuine 'bugs'..

WHY WOULD ANYONE be so gullible as to buy some arachnophobes ridiculous "invention"  ???

I HAVE no cost ways of dealing with various kinds of spiders :

* Leave the Huntsman and Daddy Longlegs alone -- they don't hurt anyone, and they eat cockroaches, flies, moths and mosquitoes;
* Many little spiders found in houses can be moved by hand easily enough;
* Carry any nasty or strange looking critters out on the end of a duster or newspaper;
* In the garden, I encourage the spiders to live among the plants -- especially fruit trees;,
* Squish the Redbacks ("Get them before they get you !");
* Drown Funnelwebs in metho'..

Laughing
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The Web Is Freaking Out Over This No-Kill Spider Catcher Empty Re: The Web Is Freaking Out Over This No-Kill Spider Catcher

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:53 pm

Wolf wrote:Leave the Huntsman and Daddy Longlegs alone -- they don't hurt anyone, and they eat cockroaches, flies, moths and mosquitoes

So true...living in the desert, too.  Leave the wolf spiders, trantulas and scorpions alone.  They eat the crickets, flies and moths.  In fact, I used to rescue them out of the filter trap of the pool and place  them among the African daisies.  Particularly the mums with hundreds of babes on her back.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:01 pm

Brilliant gadget. I don't like killing spiders but it's tedious having to get a glass and slide a piece of paper under it to trap the spider.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down