NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you have one photograph.....

+7
Cass
Irn Bru
Ben Reilly
HoratioTarr
Original Quill
eddie
Syl
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do you have one photograph..... Empty Do you have one photograph.....

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:27 pm

..that no matter how many times you look at it it gives you a warm glow inside?
It may be a dog eared snapshot taken years ago....but if you could save just one photo that would be the one.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Do you have one photograph..... Empty Re: Do you have one photograph.....

Post by eddie Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Good thread Syl.

Yep. There's pic of me, brown as a walnut, standing in front of the sea on one of the Madivian islands.
It was about 6am, it was stormy and hot and the sky was a beautiful burnt orange, and I'd been up all night....Erm, drinking etc on my own, on the beach, talking to the many Ravens (or weird black birds that seemed very very lively at night)..and I'd had this epiphany Moment.

I remember asking someone in my band to take the pic as soon as they woke up.....as I always wanted to remember that moment.

Everyone who sees it says I look really happy in it. It's not a posed shot either, I was wearing a faded old grey t-shirt from the Maldivian  yacht place and a pair of cut-off denim shorts.
. I just spread my arms and smiled.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:55 pm

It sounds lovely eddie, capturing the feeling you felt right then, and having a snapshot to remind you of it.
I think the unposed natural shots are definitely the best.

Mine is (I have tried to upload it but I can only get pics from my laptop as an avi) Its one my OH took of me and my mum in Newquay Cornwall. We were on a really windy, rocky beach, my OH said he would take a pic of us both. I was a few inches taller than my mum, so she picked a big rock to stand on, mine was smaller, but we were both losing our balance and clinging to each other, both of us laughing our heads off. It was the last holiday we ever went on with my mum.

I love that pic.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Oh that made me well up Syl! How lovely to have that beautiful memory captured. It's like a perfect moment in time that you can treasure.

I'll try and put mine on later - it'll be a photo of the photo if you get what I mean.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks Eddie.x

Snapshots are like music in that they can transport you back to feel exactly how you felt way back when.

I used to love taking pics on a film, taking them in to be developed...and the anticipation of seeing how they came out.

It's somehow not as exciting now everything is instant.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi both, what lovely memories.  Mine is one of my Jackie and my grandaughter, taken at my eldest daughter's wedding.  She had Jackie as a bridesmaid - in white lol and she wore scarlet, which was sticking two fingers up at her husband's family, who always said she was a scarlet woman lol

It was ever such a hot day and my grandaughter was running around, fell over and scrapped her face.  She didn't cry, Jackie scooped her up and I took a photo.  They both looked so beautiful, scrape as well

Do you have one photograph..... 208801_10150170096637473_7709644_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:22 pm

sassy wrote:Hi both, what lovely memories.  Mine is one of my Jackie and my grandaughter, taken at my eldest daughter's wedding.  She had Jackie as a bridesmaid - in white lol and she wore scarlet, which was sticking two fingers up at her husband's family, who always said she was a scarlet woman lol

It was ever such a hot day and my grandaughter was running around, fell over and scrapped her face.  She didn't cry, Jackie scooped her up and I took a photo.  They both looked so beautiful, scrape as well

Every cherished snapshot tells a story. Cool

It's a lovely pic Sassy, and I agree, they both look beautiful. The scrape on your grand daughters face makes it even more memorable.
I love the pics of kids when they have front teeth missing, those photos are special too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:27 pm

So much better than the staged 'pretty, pretty' ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Syl wrote:It sounds lovely eddie, capturing the feeling you felt right then, and having a snapshot to remind you of it.

Mine is (I have tried to upload it but I can only get pics from my laptop as an avi) Its one my OH took of me and my mum in Newquay Cornwall. We were on a really windy, rocky beach, my OH said he would take a pic of us both. I was a few inches taller than my mum, so she picked a big rock to stand on, mine was smaller, but we were both losing our balance and clinging to each other, both of us laughing our heads off. It was the last holiday we ever went on with my mum.

I love that pic.

What a lovely pic of a gorgeous daughter and mum. The two of you draw us in and make us want to join in the laughter and fun with you. Makes my day. Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:It sounds lovely eddie, capturing the feeling you felt right then, and having a snapshot to remind you of it.

I love that pic.

What a lovely pic of a gorgeous daughter and mum.  The two of you draw us in and make us want to join in the laughter and fun with you.  Makes my day. Smile

I appreciate that Quill...thank you. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Syl wrote:
sassy wrote:Hi both, what lovely memories.  Mine is one of my Jackie and my grandaughter, taken at my eldest daughter's wedding.  She had Jackie as a bridesmaid - in white lol and she wore scarlet, which was sticking two fingers up at her husband's family, who always said she was a scarlet woman lol

Every cherished snapshot tells a story. Cool

It's a lovely pic Sassy, and I agree, they both look beautiful. The scrape on your grand daughters face makes it even more memorable.
I love the pics of kids when they have front teeth missing, those photos are special too.

Beautiful mum and child. And the boo-boo on the face gives a story to accompany the pic. Lol. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:34 pm

Syl wrote:..that no matter how many times you look at it it gives you a warm glow inside?
It may be a dog eared snapshot taken years ago....but if you could save just one photo that would be the one.

Is that you and your mum, Syl.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:35 pm

I love that pic.

Sorry, just seen this.   I love that photo.   It's so happy.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I love that pic.

Sorry, just seen this.   I love that photo.   It's so happy.

Thanks HT...we were happy, it was a carefree holiday. My mum would have been in her 80's then, she was always very fit and young looking.
This is how I love to remember her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:53 pm

It conveys such joy, you can't look at it without smiling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:09 pm

sassy wrote:It conveys such joy, you can't look at it without smiling.

Thanks Sassy...that little pic has helped me through some sad time later. Smile

The one you posted conveys such tenderness and love.
Pics like that say a lot more than the photoshopped images that some people prefer.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Both pics are lovely! Sassy and Syl xx
I cannot find mine!!!! It's weird becasue I always know where it is and now I can't locate it. I usually keep it by my bed.

Having said that, whilst looking I came across some other favourite pics which I'll put on,later
But I will find that pic I wanted - it's bugging me now

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:35 pm

My little sister was a toddler and had spaghetti sauce all over her face, and I wanted to take a picture. She ran away, so I chased her all over the house, and it turned into a game. Finally I had her cornered and got the photo. She had such an expression of total delight that I don't even have to look at the photo to enjoy the memory.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:37 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:My little sister was a toddler and had spaghetti sauce all over her face, and I wanted to take a picture. She ran away, so I chased her all over the house, and it turned into a game. Finally I had her cornered and got the photo. She had such an expression of total delight that I don't even have to look at the photo to enjoy the memory.

Made me smile reading that x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:My little sister was a toddler and had spaghetti sauce all over her face, and I wanted to take a picture. She ran away, so I chased her all over the house, and it turned into a game. Finally I had her cornered and got the photo. She had such an expression of total delight that I don't even have to look at the photo to enjoy the memory.

That sounds so sweet....I can just imagine the happy memory it brings back when you think of that photo.

Do you have one photograph..... 701223944
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:46 am

That's a lovely picture Syl and I can see why that is such a cherished moment for you - wonderful.

And your like your mum in that that you are braw looking lass. Your OH is a very lucky man.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:54 am

Irn Bru wrote:That's a lovely picture Syl and I can see why that is such a cherished moment for you - wonderful.

And your like your mum in that that you are braw looking lass. Your OH is a very lucky man.

You smoothie afro
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:55 am

Lovely pics guys. They made me smile. Thank you for sharing even if just a description.

I sadly cannot share but here's what they are - some people from here have seen them.

Wedding - Mr. C is leaning against a tree and holding my hand up to his mouth and kissing it whilst his eyes look up at me. No matter how bad I feel, no matter how much I dislike him, I know that he loves me no matter what, and I him.

A picture of Mr. C (British army) and my grandfather (US Navy WW2) saluting each other. Also Mr. C and the Queen. So incredibly proud of them and what they did.

The family group we took last week when we saw my boys. Proud of my handsome chaps, and the fine young men they are and how they still like to hang out with us and how we laugh together as a family.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:56 am

Sorry Syl I know you said one but its impossible x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 am

That's a lovely pic of you and Mr C xx
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Irn Bru wrote:That's a lovely picture Syl and I can see why that is such a cherished moment for you - wonderful.

Thank you Irn Bru, that's a lovely compliment.
My OH does know he is a lucky man...I tell him so often. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Cass wrote:Sorry Syl I know you said one but its impossible x

No problem Cass....you are allowed to have as many as you like really. Laughing
Your photos sound lovely....you obviously have a family to be very proud of. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:55 pm

I'm still looking for my photograph!! It's one that battered and tattered because I've always stuck it somewhere to remind me of my epiphany.
And now I can't find it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 pm

eddie wrote:I'm still looking for my photograph!! It's one that battered and tattered because I've always stuck it somewhere to remind me of my epiphany.
And now I can't find it.

You will probably come across it when you least expect to, it would have been nice to see it, though you described it so well I almost believe I have . Laughing

Re posting pics on forums....it has never bothered me, though I do understand that many people are not comfortable with it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:06 pm

I had my real pic up once before and I had a MySpace page with my photos on it - for the music I wrote - so not bothered Syl.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:14 pm

eddie wrote:I had my real pic up once before and I had a MySpace page with my photos on it - for the music I wrote  - so not bothered Syl.

Some people are bothered some are not.
I have put a few different pics up, been called rotten by the odd person too.....water off a ducks back. Razz
Personally I love to see what other people look like, but I am probably just nosy. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I had my real pic up once before and I had a MySpace page with my photos on it - for the music I wrote  - so not bothered Syl.

Some people are bothered some are not.
I have put a few different pics up, been called rotten by the odd person too.....water off a ducks back. Razz
Personally I love to see what other people look like, but I am probably just nosy. Laughing

Aren't we all cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I'm still looking for my photograph!! It's one that battered and tattered because I've always stuck it somewhere to remind me of my epiphany.
And now I can't find it.

You will probably come across it when you least expect to, it would have been nice to see it, though you described it so well I almost believe I have . Laughing

Re posting pics on forums....it has never bothered me, though I do understand that many people are not comfortable with it.

She looks like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards Syl - no kidding. afro
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:25 pm

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

She looks like she's been dragged through a hedge backwards Syl - no kidding. afro

But I'm sure she still has a nice pout lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Oy Cass! That was only after one too many.....erm too many times......
And yes sass, my pout is pouty Do you have one photograph..... 1069003512
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:44 pm

eddie wrote:Oy Cass! That was only after one too many.....erm too many times......

well...just in case you did find it...i hope Syl is prepared that's all...it's not exactly where people are used to seeing tubas.

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Oy Cass! That was only after one too many.....erm too many times......

well...just in case you did find it...i hope Syl is prepared that's all...it's not exactly where people are used to seeing tubas.

Good job it's a bit fuzzy

Do you have one photograph..... Bum

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Ha bloody ha Do you have one photograph..... 2794048296
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:41 pm

Just thought it rather apt lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:10 am

eddie wrote:Ha bloody ha Do you have one photograph..... 2794048296

Do you have one photograph..... 2385359624
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:56 am

I think my best Photograph is my wife and I outside Simpsons Maternity pavilion in Edinburgh as we left with our babies with the wife holding our little boy and me hoding our little girl.

Magic

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:40 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I think my best Photograph is my wife and I outside Simpsons Maternity pavilion in Edinburgh as we left with our babies with the wife holding our little boy and me hoding our little girl.

Magic

That sounds so beautiful Irn Bru...so I presume you have twins?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 04, 2016 11:16 pm

I just can't find my photograph of a "a conversation with God" - it's really bugging me!
But I did find this.
This one was taken in the Maldives too. We were on a (speed) boat with our equipment - going to another island to play that night. I'd just been for a quick dip in the sea befroe we set off.
Remember feeling very happy!

Do you have one photograph..... Image26
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 11:23 pm

Lovely photo Eddie - no beard though lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 04, 2016 11:29 pm

No sadly I don't have a nice beard one

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 11:31 pm

We'll have to find a Jessica Rabbit pic with a beard lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 04, 2016 11:33 pm

I'm not sure one exists??? scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Know anyone who can draw?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 04, 2016 11:35 pm

sassy wrote:Know anyone who can draw?

Yes one of my Bulgarian friends is brilliant. I'm sure she'll wonder why I'm asking though. Then again, maybe not.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2016 11:39 pm

Smile  Keeping stum lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next