NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks

+2
Major
Syl
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 Empty Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

A UK mom stood up against gender stereotypes after her 3-year-old son was mocked for wearing socks with hearts.
Last week, Shona Campbell was picking up her son Harry from nursery school when she noticed a fellow mother and her child laughing at his “girl” socks. Campbell later shared her frustration with the incident in a viral Facebook post.

To the mother at nursery picking up your child. You may have thought I didn't hear you but let me assure you I did!! When your child pointed out my SON had love hearts on his socks, and mocked them for being GIRLS socks you absolutely tore apart my faith in this world, because you agreed and laughed along with your child. My son is 3 years old, he loves love hearts, he loves the colour pink, he loves to play with dolls and prams. But what he loves more than anything, is having the independence to make his own choices. He chose these socks in the shop, and he chose to wear them today. Why should we teach our children that certain things are for girls/boys?? If my son wants to wear a dress, he can!! If he wants to wear a big fluffy hat, he can!! And if he wants to wear socks with love hearts, HE CAN!! I am bringing up my son to be whoever he wants to be and I do not appreciate people like you poking fun at him, telling him he's wrong for what he wears or dictating what he should or shouldn't do/wear.  This is the perfect age to allow our children to make their own decisions and let them figure out who THEY want to be, not who society says they should be! This is MY SON. And I love him. Love heart socks and all!! Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 MQaZAEsqD6w Feel free to share. I'd really like to make sure she, and anyone else that thinks it's ok to specify gender in clothes/toys etc, see's this and hopes narrow mindedness is replaced with open mindedness. Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 I02Izksf2MoBadass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 MQaZAEsqD6wBadass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 MQaZAEsqD6wBadass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 MQaZAEsqD6w

Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 10649480_10208839611845478_3616269906177724679_n

In the post, the mom questions the gender norms that seem so pervasive in kids’ clothing. “Why should we teach our children that certain things are for girls/boys??” she asks. “If my son wants to wear a dress, he can!! If he wants to wear a big fluffy hat, he can!! And if he wants to wear socks with love hearts, HE CAN!!”

Ultimately, Campbell proclaims that she wants her son to be “whoever he wants to be” and condemns those who mock him or say he’s “wrong” for his wardrobe choices. 

“This is the perfect age to allow our children to make their own decisions and let them figure out who THEY want to be, not who society says they should be!” she writes. “This is MY SON. And I love him. Love heart socks and all!!””
Campbell’s Facebook post has been shared almost 95,000 times.

In the comments section, she notes that she decided to share her frustrations on Facebook because she didn’t want to get into a confrontation in front of the children at the time. But, as she explains in the final line of the viral post, she hopes the mother in question and “anyone else that thinks it’s OK to specify gender in clothes/toys etc” sees her words and develops a more open mind.
Campbell also states in a follow-up comment that she has the same gender norm-free policy for all of her children. Of her daughter, she writes, “Sophie is living being a Tom boy some days, and others she’s all princesses, but the same goes for Harry, he loves to play zombies, and he loves to wear Sophie’s dresses.”
Cheers to letting kids wear the clothes and play the games they love, regardless of what others may think. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/badass-mom-responds-to-strangers-who-mocked-her-sons-girl-socks_us_56fa8508e4b0143a9b49368f?ir=Good+News§ion=us_good-news&utm_hp_ref=good-news

Well said that Mother..

Back to top Go down

Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 Empty Re: Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I've got more hair than him ... Laughing

You have never seen me lol
I doubt you have more hair than me

Any on your chest?

Razz

Right night

Back to top Go down

Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 Empty Re: Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I've got more hair than him ... Laughing

Any on your chest?

Razz

Right night

Why would you find that amusing? If I want hair on my chest, I'll have hair on my chest. Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 202592697
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Any on your chest?

Razz

Right night

Why would you find that amusing? If I want hair on my chest, I'll have hair on my chest. Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 202592697

Quite right Rags. Razz

Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 Attachment

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Quite right Rags. Razz

Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 Attachment

Well it's a free country, and if Didge laughs at ladies with hairy chests, they should go on Facebook and have a massive rant about him! Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 2681620681
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Quite right Rags. Razz

Well it's a free country, and if Didge laughs at ladies with hairy chests, they should go on Facebook and have a massive rant about him! Badass Mom Responds To Strangers Who Mocked Her Son’s ‘Girl’ Socks - Page 3 2681620681

Odd that he should make that comment. He is the one who accuses everyone else of being sexist at the drop of a hat.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Quite right Rags. Razz

If you are proud to have more hair on  your chest than me, than I am not going to stand in your glory ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Any on your chest?

Razz

Right night

Because you werre bragging you had more hair and I never knew you were hirsute, so fair play

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:28 pm

Shocked okay! I may sound sexist but I don't care....that hair, on boobs....does NOT look good
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3