NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen Fry interview where actor branded God 'evil' nominated for religious broadcasting award

3 posters

Go down

Stephen Fry interview where actor branded God 'evil' nominated for religious broadcasting award Empty Stephen Fry interview where actor branded God 'evil' nominated for religious broadcasting award

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:17 pm

An interview during which Stephen Fry denounced God as “evil”, “capricious”, “mean-minded” and "utterly monstrous" has been shortlisted for an award for religious broadcasting. The atheist actor and author was asked what he would say if, upon his death, he was confronted by God during an interview with Gay Byrne for RTÉ One’s The Meaning of Life in February 2015. Fry, who had recently married his partner Elliot Spencer, stunned Byrne by replying: “I’d say, bone cancer in children? What’s that about? How dare you? How dare you create a world to which there is such misery that is not our fault. It’s not right, it’s utterly, utterly evil.

“Why should I respect a capricious, mean-minded, stupid God who creates a world that is so full of injustice and pain. That’s what I would say.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/stephen-fry-interview-where-actor-branded-god-evil-and-utterly-monstrous-nominated-for-religious-a6945706.html

Back to top Go down

Stephen Fry interview where actor branded God 'evil' nominated for religious broadcasting award Empty Re: Stephen Fry interview where actor branded God 'evil' nominated for religious broadcasting award

Post by eddie Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:48 pm

I do like Stephen Fry.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Stephen Fry interview where actor branded God 'evil' nominated for religious broadcasting award Empty Re: Stephen Fry interview where actor branded God 'evil' nominated for religious broadcasting award

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:50 pm

It's not exactly original, and I don't know why people get awards just for having an opinion.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Well I did think "award for religious broadcasting?"

Hmmmm......God needs to put out an advert
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:39 pm

Erm no storm. Not an award. Perhaps a handbook on "how to put yourself across in the best way you can"

lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down