NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents

+3
Major
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents Empty World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:42 am

Supporters at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar could be housed in traditional Bedouin-style desert camps.

Some of the 500,000 fans expected in the Gulf nation might be accommodated under canvas near stadiums.

"At the heart of this World Cup is a commitment to showcase hospitality and friendship of the Middle East," said a spokesman.

"As a result, we are actively researching the concept of supporters sleeping under the stars."

Bedouin campsites are inspired by the homes of tribes that have historically lived in the Arabian and Syrian deserts.

The tournament has already been moved from its traditional June-July slot to December over concerns about high temperatures.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35863820

I know, I know -- it's Middle East news that isn't about people being killed. I'm sure many of you are deeply confused ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents Empty Re: World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:37 am

I think that sounds great. Only six years to go before England gets knocked out again. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents Empty Re: World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:59 pm

Stormee wrote:I half watched a bit of a TV prog not long ago where it showed you these type camps.

My first question to myself was about sanitation and personal hygiene care.

World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents 51_big

Looks comfy to me -- it would be kind of like the camps that J.K. depicted as springing up for the Quidditch World Cup Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:49 am

THIS IS assuming that Qatar still has the hosting "privileges", come 2022...
World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents 2300614393

ONE of the more controversial aspects of Qatar's corruption-riddled "winning" of its bid, has always been the parlous state of its oil-centric economy..

IF THE market price for crude drops much further, there's a very good chance we will see them tumbling into a depression abyss.

NO DOUBT FIFA wil have contingency plans in place, to move the World Cup to some alternative venue(s) if Qatars economy does collapse in the next couple of years..

World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents 1191311443
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:10 am

What a great place for Muslim refugees, in a Muslim country as well!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:40 am

spot on nicko.................
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:13 am

As long as I had a soft bed I'd be happy with that.
Wouldn't be there long anyway, as England won't make it through to the next round . No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:13 am

eddie wrote:As long as I had a soft bed I'd be happy with that.
Wouldn't be there long anyway, as England don't last long. No

Now then eddie, have a little faith ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:16 am

That's defeatist talk Edds, but then again---------
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:17 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:As long as I had a soft bed I'd be happy with that.
Wouldn't be there long anyway, as England don't last long. No

I have faith every four years rags!!! And they always let me down World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents 2023022481
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:18 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I have faith every four years rags!!! And they always let me down World Cup 2022 supporters could be housed in Bedouin-style tents 2023022481

I feel your pain, but I do enjoy a bit of hope over experience - for a few weeks anyway. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:22 am

Yes me too. I love World Cup football. I remember the year Cameroon blew everyone away.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:30 am

eddie wrote:Yes me too. I love World Cup football. I remember the year Cameroon blew everyone away.

We've got the Euro thing coming up, so that's something to look forward to. The best year for that was 1996.

I can't bear the penalty shoot outs though - they stress me out!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Yes me too. I love World Cup football. I remember the year Cameroon blew everyone away.

We've got the Euro thing coming up, so that's something to look forward to. The best year for that was 1996.

I can't bear the penalty shoot outs though - they stress me out!

I know!!! I actually sit on the edge of my seat and sweat!
My Oh always says "okay...you don't have to take it...calm down!" lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down