NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iranian Mohammed Akhlaghi racially abused Hull parking warden by calling him 'English'

Go down

Iranian Mohammed Akhlaghi racially abused Hull parking warden by calling him 'English'   Empty Iranian Mohammed Akhlaghi racially abused Hull parking warden by calling him 'English'

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:08 am

A MAN attacked and racially abused a parking warden after being given a ticket. Mohammed Akhlaghi used the word "English" and swore at the warden during an exchange on August 6 last year, as well as pushing him in the back. The incident occurred after Iranian-born Akhlaghi responded angrily to the warden issuing him with a parking fine.

At his sentencing at Hull Magistrates' Court yesterday, it was said that Akhlaghi, of Hessle Road, west Hull, had been a victim of racial abuse himself from others in the past since he came to live in the UK seven years ago. Despite pleading guilty to the offence last month, Akhlaghi argued yesterday that the incident had not been racially aggravated and that he had not been fully aware of proceedings due to his limited level of English and lack of legal representation.

Although his duty solicitor applied for the case to be reopened, this was rejected by District Judge Frederick Rutherford.
Mitigating for him, John Seagrave said: "He is 35, he came from Iran in 2009 and has no record whatsoever. He did express remorse in interview.

"Unfortunately, he has been the recipient of racial abuse himself.

Being involved in this case has assisted him, as he has been put on the right track.

"He hopes to start work at his cousin's takeaway soon."

He was sentenced to 100 hours of unpaid community work, and ordered to pay £85 costs and a victim surcharge of £60.

Judge Rutherford said: "You did attend on the last occasion before this court and you pleaded guilty. You were not represented but we did go through the matter in some detail.

"I know you take exception to what was said, but what I have accepted is that what you did was limited, but nonetheless racial.

"You have been subjected to racial abuse and you know how upsetting it is.

"You have reacted terribly to this particular man. It must not happen again."

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Iranian-Mohammed-Akhlaghi-racially-abused-Hull/story-28899904-detail/story.html#ixzz42frDX0vC
Follow us: @hulldailymail on Twitter | HullDailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Iranian Mohammed Akhlaghi racially abused Hull parking warden by calling him 'English'   Empty Re: Iranian Mohammed Akhlaghi racially abused Hull parking warden by calling him 'English'

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:41 am

Stormee wrote:
Didge wrote:A MAN attacked and racially abused a parking warden after being given a ticket. Mohammed Akhlaghi used the word "English" and swore at the warden during an exchange on August 6 last year, as well as pushing him in the back. The incident occurred after Iranian-born Akhlaghi responded angrily to the warden issuing him with a parking fine.

At his sentencing at Hull Magistrates' Court yesterday, it was said that Akhlaghi, of Hessle Road, west Hull, had been a victim of racial abuse himself from others in the past since he came to live in the UK seven years ago. Despite pleading guilty to the offence last month, Akhlaghi argued yesterday that the incident had not been racially aggravated and that he had not been fully aware of proceedings due to his limited level of English and lack of legal representation.

Although his duty solicitor applied for the case to be reopened, this was rejected by District Judge Frederick Rutherford.
Mitigating for him, John Seagrave said: "He is 35, he came from Iran in 2009 and has no record whatsoever. He did express remorse in interview.

"Unfortunately, he has been the recipient of racial abuse himself.

Being involved in this case has assisted him, as he has been put on the right track.

"He hopes to start work at his cousin's takeaway soon."

He was sentenced to 100 hours of unpaid community work, and ordered to pay £85 costs and a victim surcharge of £60.

Judge Rutherford said: "You did attend on the last occasion before this court and you pleaded guilty. You were not represented but we did go through the matter in some detail.

"I know you take exception to what was said, but what I have accepted is that what you did was limited, but nonetheless racial.

"You have been subjected to racial abuse and you know how upsetting it is.

"You have reacted terribly to this particular man. It must not happen again."

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Iranian-Mohammed-Akhlaghi-racially-abused-Hull/story-28899904-detail/story.html#ixzz42frDX0vC
Follow us: @hulldailymail on Twitter | HullDailyMail on Facebook

What a load of testiculz.

Muchadoaboutnothing  AGAIN.

IMHO I believe most forunuz/migruntz look upon us whtiz much the same as this geeza, it ain't gonna change.

Morning Stormee

I found it interesting as for the first time an English person (the victim) is being treated equally before the law in regards to a racial hate crime hostile towards being English.
That is equality for you.

He assaulted the traffic warden and his verbal abuse was racially hateful. I find this further interesting as the judge based this decision not on colour, but on the racial/ethnic identity of English itself.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Iranian Mohammed Akhlaghi racially abused Hull parking warden by calling him 'English'   Empty Re: Iranian Mohammed Akhlaghi racially abused Hull parking warden by calling him 'English'

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:21 am

Stormee wrote:I have been called all the names under the sun over the yearz Didge, unless something else goes with it it is best ignored IMO.

I reckon everyone 'hates' traffic wardenz.

The pc brigade has not helped our island IMO.

This did have an assault to go with it

If he had of just verbally abused him even racially, I doubt he would of been charged

People have to be protected from racial hate and hostility

See you later

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down