NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream

Go down

The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream Empty The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:01 pm

When packing your bags for an epic adventure, a camera is the most vital accessory.
Don't believe us? Take a look at the Travel category for the 2016 Sony World Photography Awards.
Though the overall winners of the competition won't be announced until April 21, the recently announced shortlist includes gorgeous photos from categories like Architecture, Nature & Wildlife, Candid and more. But no category captures thecombination of adventure, natural beauty and culture quite like Travel.
Below, a selection of travel images with captions from photographers who submitted their work to the Sony World Photography Awards. They show a world just begging to be explored.

• West Bengal, India
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c221e0000950070f2ae
    Abhijit Banerjee
    "Every year in the month of January few lacks of devotee come to Gangasagar fair in West Bengal. It is the second largest fair of India. Captured the devotees while they worship sun just after their bath."

• Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c221500002a000b11aa
    Adriano Neves
    "The 'Cuernos del Paine' mountain range reflected over the glacial waters of lake Nordenskj in 'Torres del Paine' National Park... Or perhaps a vision of Eden's Gardens?"

• Bryce Amphitheater, Utah
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c25150000ad000b11ad
    Anasuya Mandal
    "The hoodoos of the Bryce Amphitheater glistened as the golden rays of the sun illuminated them, while the vista took my breath away."

• Vesturhorn, Iceland
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c241e00008700703347
    Nick Kontostavlakis
    "Iceland is one of my favorite destinations,for several reasons. The most important is the unique atmosphere and the strong feelings caused by the beautiful landscape which constantly changes as you drive around the country."

• West Pier, England
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c231e00008700703346
    Ralph Graef
    "Brighton, West Pier."

• Bernese Alps, Switzerland
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c24150000ad000b11ab
    Simone Cmoon
    "Two thousand, one hundred and seventy-six meters above the sea. Berner Alpen, Switzerland. It was a very hard and dangerous way to this beautiful place: Climbing and walking up and down mountains. One time I had to take my dog into my backpack to climb down a wall. We were 36 hours on the road with heavy backpacks, only two hours sleep, I'm very happy that we arrived back alive (first time we did such a crazy spontaneously trip) and I am happy that I have seen this wonderful nature."

• Sanur Beach, Indonesia
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c231e0000c60070f2af
    Tan Jia Yi
    "I fell in love with photography five years ago, initially shooting portraiture and landscape until I discovered the minimalism art/ long exposure technique 3 years ago. The distilled, condensed quality of sourcing the art form into the chosen frame, stripped off the nonessential bring to focus a beauty that's mysterious, abstract, contemplative and otherworldly. This shot was taken in Bali before the daybreak. In the face of such palpable stillness, it's the mystery of silence that speaks to our innermost self..."

• South China
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c241e0000950070f2b0
    Tugo Cheng
    "A fisherman is farming the sea in between the bamboo rods constructed for aquaculture off the coast in southern China."

• U Bein Bridge, Myanmar
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c251500002a000b11ac
    Lesley Hall
    "Taken at the U Bein Bridge in Myanmar, taken from a boat on Taungthaman Lake."

• Sorško polje, Slovenia
    The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream 56d74c251e0000950070f2b1

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/travel-world-photography-awards-2016_us_56d74a79e4b03260bf790ee5?ir=Good+News§ion=us_good-news&utm_hp_ref=good-news

Back to top Go down

The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream Empty Re: The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:09 pm

Wow. I will never get to travel to all those places and I'd love to.

Imagine the job of being a photographer for National Geographical.... "Edds you're going to Bali to take some pics of some sand and stuff..."

Me: OKAY! cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream Empty Re: The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:10 pm

eddie wrote:Wow. I will never get to travel to all those places and I'd love to.

Imagine the job of being a photographer for National Geographical.... "Edds you're going to Bali to take some pics of some sand and stuff..."

Me: OKAY! cheers

Or Maybe you Can?????

Netflix Will Pay You $4,000 To Travel And Post Photos On Instagram

If you love posting photos on Instagram, then there's a good chance you're qualified for an actual job that will pay you thousands of dollars to travel around the world and keep doing what you do best.

The Best Travel Photos Of 2016 Are An Adventurer's Dream Abrze-netflix-instagram-1

Netflix and Instagram are teaming up to hire "Grammasters," or proven Instagram wizards, who will be tasked with traveling to Europe and the Middle East to photograph sets of popular Netflix original shows and movies.
The company will pay you $4,000 for the two-week gig and cover all of your travel arrangements -- for taking good Instagram photos.
To apply, all you have to do is:
1.) Follow @Netflix on Instagram.
2.) Tag three of your best photos with #grammasters3 by March 6th.

It's unclear how Netflix will select candidates for the gig, but the job description on their website states, "We’re looking for TV & movie fans with a talent for taking pictures. Choose photos that show off your interests or passions."
Good luck!

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1349/Netflix-Will-Pay-You-4-000-To-Travel-And-Post-Photos-On-Instagram#ZEkoHVfEtPhzCkKT.99

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:14 pm

Wow. Need a good camera though.

I used to buy national geographical magazine (is it still around?) and cut out pics I liked and 'frame' them (border them with black tape lol) in my bedroom.

There were some beautiful ones of ice in the sunset.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:15 pm

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Do they still see the actual magazines though? Sorry that's what I meant. I've seen the online site.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:20 pm

They do a kids one here

http://shop.nationalgeographic.com/ngs/product/magazines/national-geographic-little-kids/national-geographic-little-kids-magazine-u.s.-delivery?npd&npd&

And yes they still do them Eddie

http://www.magazine.co.uk/magazines/national-geographic-magazine/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA3t-2BRCKivi-suDY24gBEiQAX1wiXE2EI_fKOdzivb05scCdh58ktDlaCZ4yPvh61qoQkCAaAohh8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJjhq_e4pcsCFUudFgodut4Aow

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Cheers didge. I might get myself one when I next go newsagents.
I just love some of those photos - some of the photographers are really clever.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 pm

I agree, and to be honest I did not know they were still producing the magazine itself, but thought they were just online now

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:29 pm

Didge wrote:I agree, and to be honest I did not know they were still producing the magazine itself, but thought they were just online now

I'll have a look next time I go to the newsagents, or supermarket.
Might even make a new collage.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down