NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would your dream job be?

+8
Victorismyhero
Syl
Original Quill
Major
Ben Reilly
Miffs2
Raggamuffin
eddie
12 posters

Go down

What would your dream job be? Empty What would your dream job be?

Post by eddie Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:37 pm

I wish I'd been a psychiatrist - knowing what makes people tick is so interesting!

Other than that, a masseur for handsome men cheers .....I'd obviously employ Cass as she likes to look at the male body, all in the name of science of course....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

What would your dream job be? Empty Re: What would your dream job be?

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Forensic scientist maybe? I did the wrong subjects at school though. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:25 pm

eddie wrote:I wish I'd been a psychiatrist - knowing what makes people tick is so interesting!

Other than that, a masseur for handsome men cheers .....I'd obviously employ Cass as she likes to look at the male body, all in the name of science of course....

This...Oceanography; seriously a passion activated by the number of fossils found here in KS back when this entire region was just all ocean front property!

Oceanography, also known as oceanology, is the branch of Earth science that studies the ocean. It covers a wide range of topics, including ecosystem dynamics; ocean currents, waves, and geophysical fluid dynamics; plate tectonics and the geology of the sea floor; and fluxes of various chemical substances and physical properties within the ocean and across its boundaries.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:28 pm

@ rags I'd find that interesting too but not sure about the blood and gunk....?

@ 4ever isn't it funny how we are all different, as that would not interest me at all!!! I love the ocean, I find it beautiful, calming, exciting and I love the smell....but I wouldn't want to study it...?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Hell, what a good question.   Think actually if I had my time again I'd like to be a doctor.  Or an engineer, used to love taking cars apart and putting them back together with my dad and grandad and always played with meccano rather than dolls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:12 pm

I'm so lucky I have my dream job cheers
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:19 pm

eddie wrote:@ rags I'd find that interesting too but not sure about the blood and gunk....?

@ 4ever isn't it funny how we are all different, as that would not interest me at all!!! I love the ocean, I find it beautiful, calming, exciting and I love the smell....but I wouldn't want to study it...?

Well, I've had to diversify from my college education on so many occasions due to our ever changing economy that I've been able to be gainfully employed at so many other vocations --- the Ocean has always drawn me in and I've only scuba-dived one time and never wanted to get out of the water.

Should my reincarnation actually happen --- let me come back as a dolphin, or something similar.  If we had the opportunity to live in human dwellings under the ocean --- I'd sign up right away.
MY DREAM HOME > > >
What would your dream job be? USSStructures-H2OME-bkg-stat

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Miffs2 wrote:I'm so lucky I have my dream job cheers

You are....and you worked bloody hard for it too X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:22 pm

What a great idea 4Ever!  Used to love scuba diving out in Singapore, but didn't use a wetsuit, just tanks, mouthpiece, mask and flippers.  Tried it again in Tunisia a few years ago, absolutely hated the wet suit, make me feel claustraphobic.

Last edited by sassy on Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:22 pm

4ever, if I come back able to breathe underwater (I'll be a mermaid!) I will definitely come visit you in THAT house!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:24 pm

eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:I'm so lucky I have my dream job cheers

You are....and you worked bloody hard for it too X
Aww frank you xx
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:36 pm

sassy wrote:What a great idea 4Ever!  Used to love scuba diving out in Singapore, but didn't use a wetsuit, just tanks, mouthpiece, mask and flippers.  Tried it again in Tunisia a few years ago, absolutely hated the wet suit, make me feel claustraphobic.

Well, this isn't 'ME' and that isn't my dog --- but this is pretty much what I went diving in...it didn't have the full body suit just upper body wet suit and I didn't mind at all.

What would your dream job be? Corbis-0000196922-013
But I will need to afford a method for getting my furry family members down into my home and having to fix something up for my hens too~~~ lol!

Ohhhh, to be a 'Mermaid' and be able to swim untethered to any foreign equipment --- now that would be my bestest dream ever.  If only, huh - Eddie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Chicken wet suits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What would your dream job be? 26808_chicky_bathing_suit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:18 pm

Anything that let me travel, help people and be outside. I'm thinking coordinating overseas Habitat for Humanity builds, something like that.

Or, something more in my existing skill set -- National Geographic photographer. That would be awesome.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Anything that let me travel, help people and be outside. I'm thinking coordinating overseas Habitat for Humanity builds, something like that.

Or, something more in my existing skill set -- National Geographic photographer. That would be awesome.

WOW...you do have an adventurous soul; there's getting the rewarding photo shot of a life time and then there's - getting to the destination in order to get that shot >
What would your dream job be? Crevasse-glacier-mclain-700972-xl

I have a great appreciation for National Geographic and all of those
brave - under appreciated humans that do this --- OMG, not for me.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Anything that let me travel, help people and be outside. I'm thinking coordinating overseas Habitat for Humanity builds, something like that.

Yes! I'd like to do that too! I love taking photos and I love the Nat Gepgraphic ones, they are really, really fantastic, some of them.

I particularly like the sunset ones in Antarctica and places like that - all that red and orange on white....beautiful.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:44 pm

I once had such a job: coordinating American musical acts for the US State Department, around the Mediterranean...all of Europe, Middle East and No. Africa. Lived where I wanted...mostly Glyfada, outside Athens. Had military orders. Traveled where I wanted, when I wanted.

But no growth...just all vacation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:49 pm

My dream job would always have been to sing. Sassy and Eddie did it....I was too much of a wimp to pursue a singing career that was offered back in the day.
I am no longer a wimp but sadly my voice is now crap. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Syl wrote:My dream job would always have been to sing. Sassy and Eddie did it....I was too much of a wimp to pursue a singing career that was offered back in the day.

Don't sell yourself short~~~have you heard Janis Joplin sing Evil or Very Mad  
Ohhhhh, LORD ~~~What would your dream job be? Hear-no-evil-smiley-emoticon

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:49 pm

True, and David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Chrissie Hind, a lot of the greats didn't have particularly good voices did they?

Sadly I think unless you are very lucky female voices diminish quite a lot as they get older.
People like Dusty can adapt and still sound brilliant, but imo most just lose the power.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:54 pm

I'd want to be test pilot in a brothel Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Syl wrote:True, and David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Chrissie Hind, a lot of the greats didn't have particularly good voices did they?

Sadly I think unless you are very lucky female voices diminish quite a lot as they get older.
People like Dusty can adapt and still sound brilliant, but imo most just lose the power.

My voice has actually got slightly better becasue I smoke much less and do less..... other naughty past times.

And it's not always about the voice. My friend and i used to do duets. I had a much better voice than hers, we both knew it and others said so, but I loved listening to her sing. She had a really nice tone even though she wasn't what you'd call a versatile singer.

You know, true fact, everyone in the industry knows this too; backing vocalists are usually incredible singers as they can adapt their voices to most people's.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:29 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:True, and David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Chrissie Hind, a lot of the greats didn't have particularly good voices did they?

My voice has actually got slightly better becasue I smoke much less and do less..... other naughty past times.

turkey voice overs ??? Razz

And it's not always about the voice. My friend and i used to do duets. I had a much better voice than hers, we both knew it and others said so, but I loved listening to her sing. She had a really nice tone even though she wasn't what you'd call a versatile singer.

You know, true fact, everyone in the industry knows this too; backing vocalists are usually incredible singers as they can adapt their voices to most people's.

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Turkey voice overs??? You been sniffing something in your workshop?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:53 pm

gobble gobble tongue
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:58 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

WOW...you do have an adventurous soul; there's getting the rewarding photo shot of a life time and then there's - getting to the destination in order to get that shot >
What would your dream job be? Crevasse-glacier-mclain-700972-xl

I have a great appreciation for National Geographic and all of those
brave - under appreciated humans that do this --- OMG, not for me.

That looks like fun on a bun Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:33 pm

eddie wrote:Turkey voice overs??? You been sniffing something in your workshop?

I don't think sniffing is involved, more swallowing lol

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:18 am

I'd like to run wildlife conservation park..

ben can come take photos
What would your dream job be? Smiley_Camera-1

but i quite like what i am doing too
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:11 am

veya_victaous wrote:I'd like to run wildlife conservation park..

ben can come take photos

I'm all for it, so long as that thing in your avatar doesn't bite me or look at me or come anywhere near me Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:19 am

the short tooth fuzzelboop Suspect
they are friendly
like, they are not even poisoness
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Cool

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:51 am

geek

IF DREAMS could come true...

FOR ME, it would be beekeeping, farming and horses fulltime;
With a healthy share portfolio to buffer them during the bad times..

Archery, bushwalking, kayaking and mountain biking for hobbies and fitness.
And mountaineering, cross-country skiing or exploring for holidays..

IF only...                 sunny
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:55 am

I used to think i'd like to look after small animals, cats and dogs etc, but when I see the state of some that are injured and in pain i'd be too upset to do anything but to kill those responsible for causing it! A bit drastic I know but when I see what some scum do to animals that trust them I totally lose it!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:08 am

nicko wrote:I used to think i'd like to look after small animals,  cats and dogs etc,   but when I see the state of some that are injured and in pain i'd be too upset to do anything but to kill those responsible for causing it! A bit drastic I know  but when I see what some scum do to animals that trust them I totally lose it!
A kindred spirit for sure~~~nothing puts me in a 'POSTAL-ROAD RAGE' state of mind then arriving at some puppy mill/hoarder home/total thoughtless human place to retrieve a poorly cared for group of animals that had NO SAY in their own care!

If I ever won the 'LOTTERY' my ability to rescue would be greatly expanded and the variety of animals would be instantly increased.  But I'd have to establish a great foundation so the work and provisions could continue far after my demise. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:I'd like to run wildlife conservation park..

ben can come take photos

I'm all for it, so long as that thing in your avatar doesn't bite me or look at me or come anywhere near me Smile

I think that is Veya..... scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Cool

SEEMS to be the makings of a nice little village shaping up on here...

NOW, maybe if we had a couple of nurses and paramedics, a dentist and a vet, a blacksmith/farrier, mechanic, plumber/gasfitter, electrician, and a publican of course ?

cheers
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:07 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Cool

SEEMS to be the makings of a nice little village shaping up on here...

NOW, maybe if we had a couple of nurses and paramedics, a dentist and a vet, a blacksmith/farrier, mechanic, plumber/gasfitter, electrician, and a publican of course ?

cheers
I'm pretty efficient in the 'plumbing/gas fitter/electrician end of things; I have loads of my own power tools {cordless ones as well} but due to restrictions of my hands...I'd need a worthy apprentice for the manual labor stuff and I'd coach the repairs/fixit problems. Done my fair share of 'HOLISTIC' natural medicine for both humans & animals - suturing wounds and clean up as well.  What would your dream job be? 2385359624

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:21 pm

Massaging Tom Hardy.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Syl wrote:My dream job would always have been to sing. Sassy and Eddie did it....I was too much of a wimp to pursue a singing career that was offered back in the day.

You're never too old to do Shirley Bassey impersonations.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Razz
I must admit my "Big Spender" once seen is never forgotten HT. What a Face
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:15 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
sassy wrote:What a great idea 4Ever!  Used to love scuba diving out in Singapore, but didn't use a wetsuit, just tanks, mouthpiece, mask and flippers.  Tried it again in Tunisia a few years ago, absolutely hated the wet suit, make me feel claustraphobic.

Well, this isn't 'ME' and that isn't my dog --- but this is pretty much what I went diving in...it didn't have the full body suit just upper body wet suit and I didn't mind at all.

What would your dream job be? Corbis-0000196922-013
But I will need to afford a method for getting my furry family members down into my home and having to fix something up for my hens too~~~ lol!

Ohhhh, to be a 'Mermaid' and be able to swim untethered to any foreign equipment --- now that would be my bestest dream ever.  If only, huh - Eddie!

I loved Scuba diving too....it's an experience everyone should have at least once.
I did it in Israel (sorry Saffy) with dolphins....it was one of the best experiences I have ever had.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Razz

tmi tongue
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:42 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Razz

tmi tongue

I laughed. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:20 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I'd want to be test pilot in a brothel Laughing

What would your dream job be? Shock10 Naughty Victor!

I always wanted to be a primary school teacher I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down