NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oscar Pistorious Appeal Failure,

+8
Irn Bru
Major
Syl
nicko
Tommy Monk
eddie
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Oscar Pistorious Appeal Failure, - Page 4 Empty Oscar Pistorius to be released on parole in August

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Oscar Pistorius, the Paralympic athlete who shot his girlfriend dead after mistaking her for a burglar, will be released under house arrest after 10 months in prison, it has been confirmed.

The 28-year-old athlete will be released from Kgosi Mampuru II Prison in central Pretoria in just over two months, on August 21.

The parents of Reeva Steenkamp, the law graduate he shot dead through a locked bathroom door on St Valentine’s Day 2013, condemned the decision, saying his early release sent out the wrong message about taking a life.

“They were shocked because not even 10 months have passed and he will be eligible for parole in August already,” Tania Koen, a lawyer for Barry and June Steenkamp, said.

At first, Pistorius will live under virtual house arrest at his uncle’s home in Pretoria’s upmarket Waterkloof suburb, expected to check in with a parole officer frequently and allowed only to leave the house to go to work or to run the occasional errand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/11659554/Oscar-Pistorius-recommended-for-parole-in-August.html

What do you bet he's being released because it's too much to care for a disabled person? Nothing against the disabled, but it is a fact that they get favorable commitment terms in prisons and jails because it's too much a bother, and too expensive to keep them

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorious Appeal Failure, - Page 4 Empty Re: Oscar Pistorious Appeal Failure,

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:If proper justice had happened in the first place then he wouldn't have been let out after such a short time.

And it is right what you say Raggs, and what I said all along... strip away all his waffle about who he says he thought was in the toilet behind the locked door and you are left with the fact that he knew someone was in there and he chose to shoot and kill them in cold blood!

And that is murder!

All the rest of his waffle is irrelevant as well as being totally unbelievable too!

He got five years the first time, and it wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't let him out after five minutes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorious Appeal Failure, - Page 4 Empty Re: Oscar Pistorious Appeal Failure,

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:If proper justice had happened in the first place then he wouldn't have been let out after such a short time.

And it is right what you say Raggs, and what I said all along... strip away all his waffle about who he says he thought was in the toilet behind the locked door and you are left with the fact that he knew someone was in there and he chose to shoot and kill them in cold blood!

And that is murder!

All the rest of his waffle is irrelevant as well as being totally unbelievable too!

Exactly Tommy!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

And that is murder!

He got five years the first time, and it wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't let him out after five minutes.

But although he had clearly committed murder, the trial was a media hyped/spun farce, he had special treatment throughput and treated totally different to how any other member of public would have been, and he was only convicted of culpable homicide and then only given a wishy washy sentence as a result... and if I remember rightly, I don't think he was remanded to jail while awaiting trial, like anybody else would have been, but instead getting a nice cushy "house arrest" at his uncles luxury pad?

And didn't his time there awaiting trial also count as 'time already served' against his final sentence...?

He was only in an actual prison for a few short months, before being released into another grueling 'house arrest' in a luxury pad... even when he was in prison he was not in the proper prison, instead (i think) being kept in the hospital wing which would have been more like a stay in a residential care home than a prison!!!

I still find it hard to believe how he managed to convince so many people that although he shot dead his girlfriend in cold blood... he was in some way the victim...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:58 am

The trial judge was the lenient one, who reduced the charges down to culpable homicide...a kind of manslaughter.  The Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) pushed the charges back up again to murder.  He has been on bail since that time, appealing the decision.

The highest Court in SA is the Constitutional Court.  Oscar had put in his appeal to them.  They are a descretionary court, meaning they can accept or decline jurisdiction, depending of whether they feel the appeal has a chance.  Procedurally, one must make application for leave to appeal. so the case was pending this application.

Apparently they did not feel the appeal had a chance.  So they declined the application:

Daily Mail wrote:National Prosecuting Authority spokesman Luvuyo Mfaku said: 'The court dismissed the application for leave to appeal because there are are no prospects of success.'

End of the line.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 am

Will he serve a harsher sentience now then quill?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:35 am

eddie wrote:Will he serve a harsher sentience now then quill?

Yes, because the verdict is now murder.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:58 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Will he serve a harsher sentience now then quill?

Well yes rags but we've seen how cost he's had it up till now.....this is SA and money talks
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:03 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well yes rags but we've seen how cost he's had it up till now.....this is SA and money talks

They have mandatory sentences. I think it's 15 years minimum for murder. I'd have to look into it more. If it's a minimum sentence, they won't be able to let him out after a few years I guess.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Stormee wrote:He might 'keg' it, 'skip' bail and then be for the 'high' jump, he should 'toe' the line not go in 'feet' first.

If he runs he won't get very far.  He'd better watch his step.  He's gonna kneed a lot of sole, the heel.  Arch'ya glad it's knot tied? Welt, off I go...

@eds: Oh yes, Raggs is right. The charge of murder carries a 15-year minimum.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The first trial was a failure for justice.

Glad common sense eventually prevailed.

I've gotta to admit; tried watching that live broadcast of the first trial and I was so sick & tired of hearing every other word...'Yes, my lady - No, my lady' when the attorneys had to address or answer the judge ----UGHHHH

But it's all germane to the specific country...he's a pyscho nut job that shouldn't ever had a loaded weapon!

Found this old joke from back in that era >>>
Oscar Pistorious Appeal Failure, - Page 4 Funny-pistorius-escapes

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:37 pm

Aspca wrote:...he's a pyscho nut job that shouldn't ever had a loaded weapon!

Yes M'lady...he certainly is. He was molly-coddled by those who raised and surrounded him, and he deprived the world of a beautiful, wonderful person. I wouldn't stop at 15-years.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorious Appeal Failure, - Page 4 Empty Oscar - Today's The Day; Will He Be Sentenced to 15 yrs?

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:52 pm

Oscar Pistorius to be sentenced today for murder of his girlfriend
By Paul Elliott Jun 16, 2016
Oscar Pistorius is a "broken" man and should not be sent to jail, a psychologist has said at the South African athlete's sentencing hearing.

Murder convictions in South Africa have a minimum sentence of 15 years, but Pistorius' could be reduced given the time he has already served in jail.
Steenkamp, a model and law graduate, in the early hours of Valentine's Day in 2013, when he fired four times through the door of his bedroom toilet.
Members of the Women's League of the ruling African National Congress party, who have attended the trial in support of the murdered Steenkamp clad in their green and black uniform, said Pistorius should face the prescribed sentence.
"Her hand has been twisted in the sense that the Supreme Court has said to her, 'Well you were wrong in giving him a sentence on culpable homicide,"' Marius du Toit, a criminal-defense lawyer at Du Toit Attorneys Pretoria, said by phone.
Nel also disputed Scholtz's testimony that Pistorius was assaulted in prison.
Jonathan Scholtz, a clinical psychologist testifying for the defense, said Pistorius was not able to testify in his own defense due to his mental state, adding the was suffering anxiety and depression following his dramatic fall from grace.
But state prosecutor Gerrie Nel questioned why Pistorius had agreed to a television interview in 10 days' time if he was so mentally unfit.
Pistorius had had temper tantrums in jail and had once banged a table when he got upset with a nurse, Nel said, asking Scholtz why he ignored Pistorius' actions.
The conviction was later changed to murder after an appeal heard by the Supreme Court.
In October 2014, Masipa sentenced him to five years behind bars after finding him guilty of culpable homicide.
"He would rather give his version to the TV than to court", said Nel, who accused psychologist Scholtz of being biased.
Mr. Pistorius, a former gun hobbyist, has sold all his guns and is traumatized even by the sound of gunshots in movies, Mr. Scholtz said.
He says Pistorius has completed all the courses he's needed to and is remorseful.
Supporters of the double-amputee Olympian Oscar Pistorius, sing whilst picketing outside the high court in Pretoria, South Africa, Monday, June 13, 2016. "He really has nearly given up, his spirit seems broken", Scholtz, who said he does not feel Pistorius is fit to testify this week, told the court. Nel said Pistorius has not shown any remorse throughout the trial and only regretted that the killing had affected him personally. Pistorius spent about a year in a private cell in the hospital wing of a maximum-security prison.
http://thevillagessuntimes.com/2016/06/16/oscar-pistorius-to-be-sentenced-today-for-murder-of-his/
Not that I don't have empathy for this human - 'he's such a broken man' ...this horrid human blew through a bathroom door {multiple shots} killing his beautiful girlfriend to death!  What right to LIFE DOES SHE HAVE NOW?  Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:58 pm

He is still trying to play the victim in all this.

He did the crime... now he must do the time.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:08 pm

That horrible display of him taking off his false legs and teetering across the court on his stumps yesterday was totally pathetic.
And like someone in court said...at least he can still walk, Reeva cant.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Syl wrote:That horrible display of him taking off his false legs and teetering across the court on his stumps yesterday was totally pathetic.
And like someone in court said...at least he can still walk, Reeva cant.
After all that 'yes, my lady - no, my lady' from the other trial; I just can't watch another live broad cast. 

And that self-serving display would have pushed me over the brink!  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 pm

Suspect

The way that spoilt little spineless brat Pistorius was bawling his eyes out in court today...

I reckon they should have checked his pockets to see if he had taken some sliced onions in there with him..       Sad
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:39 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Suspect

The way that spoilt little spineless brat Pistorius was bawling his eyes out in court today...

I reckon they should have checked his pockets to see if he had taken some sliced onions in there with him..       Sad

Now, you've touched on something that had crossed my mind; when I say how much he was 'supposedly braking down' during one witness testimony on the news segment ...I'd wondered - Hmmm, if he'd put some pepper oil on his fingers confused 
Wouldn't have that odor of an onion but the eye effect would be immediate!  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:03 pm

His crocodile tears are irrelevant... he has been found guilty of murder and must now be properly sentenced.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:29 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:His crocodile tears are irrelevant... he has been found guilty of murder and must now be properly sentenced.

I agree he should serve a proper sentence for the murder.

I don't think his tears are false though. I have always believed the red mist descended ...he murdered her, and he has been in torment ever since.
Not enough to admit it and spare her family all the grief, but then he is a spoiled coward so that's not unexpected.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:39 pm

His tears are for himself...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Well only he could answer that..and obviously he wont.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:His crocodile tears are irrelevant... he has been found guilty of murder and must now be properly sentenced.

No question. He took that beautiful, gracious woman off this planet. Why? Because he is a spoiled little piece of shit.

It's about time someone gave him the book.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Nothing about this guy adds up. They clearly had a row, he threatened her, she ran into the bog and tried to phone someone, he shot her dead.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:

No question.  He took that beautiful, gracious woman off this planet.  Why?  Because he is a spoiled little piece of shit.

Yes... but this bastard is still trying to put on a show of tears and victimhood to try to appeal to the empathy and heart strings of others in a completely calculated and manipulative (psycopathic/sociopathic) way so as to try to swing a more lenient sentence...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:20 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Nothing about this guy adds up.   They clearly had a row, he threatened her, she ran into the bog and tried to phone someone, he shot her dead.  

Nutshell.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:06 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No question.  He took that beautiful, gracious woman off this planet.  Why?  Because he is a spoiled little piece of shit.

Yes... but this bastard is still trying to put on a show of tears and victimhood to try to appeal to the empathy and heart strings of others in a completely calculated and manipulative (psycopathic/sociopathic) way so as to try to swing a more lenient sentence...

Don't you see how the world views that? The only one that pathetic shit-performance will convince is a mother. They rest of us view it for what it is: a weasel caught in pathetic trap of his own making, using transparent strategies that are so thin that they confirm his weak personality...because in the past they worked on mom.

He doesn't know that we are not like mom in the least. He should fry.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:29 am

I am agreeing with you... just pointing out his continued pathetic and desperate attempts...

The sad thing is that some ARE swayed by such nonesense...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:06 am

Tommy Monk wrote:I am agreeing with you... just pointing out his continued pathetic and desperate attempts...

The sad thing is that some ARE swayed by such nonesense...

I know tommy. I'm just venting. Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:19 am

Original Quill wrote:

I think that sums it up really. The issue isn't whether or not he shot her on purpose - the courts have not said he did. The point is that a lovely woman who should be alive is not because of his reckless behaviour.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:38 am

The court said he murdered whoever it was he says he thought was in there...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:57 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The court said he murdered whoever it was he says he thought was in there...

Yes - because he fired a gun through a door, and a reasonable person would expect anyone on the other side to die as a result of that. The issue is not whether or not he killed her in cold blood, or whether he knew it was her or not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:10 pm

Any sensible person doesn't believe his pathetic story about thinking it was a burglar...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Any sensible person doesn't believe his pathetic story about thinking it was a burglar...

Well the court didn't dispute his story, and neither do I really - it's kind of feasible. Whichever way you look at it, he shot a person though a door and killed them - that couldn't be put down to self defence or an accident.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:20 pm

And the burglar story is total bullshit...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And the burglar story is total bullshit...

The court didn't dispute it though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:27 pm

There was much dispute and doubt cast over his pathetic burglar story...

But ultimately... it was irrelevant who he says he thought may have been behind the door... he knew someone was in there and he murdered them...

But any sensible person can see that his story was bullshit anyway...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:There was much dispute and doubt cast over his pathetic burglar story...

But ultimately... it was irrelevant who he says he thought may have been behind the door... he knew someone was in there and he murdered them...

But any sensible person can see that his story was bullshit anyway...

Of course the prosecution disputed his story, but the court did not when they gave their judgement.

As you say, it's not relevant who he thought was behind that door.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 pm

It's not relevant as an excuse for murder...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's not relevant as an excuse for murder...

Which is why he was found guilty of murder.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:57 pm

And who was he found guilty of murdering...?

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And who was he found guilty of murdering...?

Laughing

Obviously, Reeva was the one who died, but that wasn't the issue. It all came back to the issue of dolus eventualis. It could have been a burglar in the toilet, but he still knew he would kill whoever was in there - or he should have known.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:And who was he found guilty of murdering...?

Laughing

Obviously, Reeva was the one who died, but that wasn't the issue. It all came back to the issue of dolus eventualis. It could have been a burglar in the toilet, but he still knew he would kill whoever was in there - or he should have known.

Absolutely correct.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Which is what I said from the start...

There was no need to prove or disprove whether it was her or a burglar...

The burglar excuse is irrelevant.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Which is what I said from the start...

There was no need to prove or disprove whether it was her or a burglar...

The burglar excuse is irrelevant.

It wasn't entirely irrelevant. If the prosecution had convinced the court that Pistorius knew it was Reeva in the toilet and that he killed her deliberately, the verdict could have been different in the first place as it would have been premeditated murder. I think that dolus eventualis is a lesser charge, although it's still murder.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:52 pm

I agree that this should have been the finding of the court.

The burglar plea should have been struck out entirely.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4