NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oscar Pistorius guilty of murder of Reeva Steenkamp, appeal court rules – live

2 posters

Go down

Oscar Pistorius guilty of murder of Reeva Steenkamp, appeal court rules – live Empty Oscar Pistorius guilty of murder of Reeva Steenkamp, appeal court rules – live

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:41 am

• Trial judge was wrong on issue of dolus eventualis, supreme court says
  • Culpable homicide conviction set aside

The South African National Prosecuting Authority has reportedly said that Pistorius will remain under correctional supervision – that is, under house arrest at his uncle’s home – until he appears for re-sentencing before the high court in Pretoria.

No date has been set for that hearing.

This means Oscar Pistorius will not be returning immediately to prison.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/dec/03/oscar-pistorius-appeal-court-guilty-murder-reeva-steenkamp-live

About time.

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorius guilty of murder of Reeva Steenkamp, appeal court rules – live Empty Re: Oscar Pistorius guilty of murder of Reeva Steenkamp, appeal court rules – live

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:45 am

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t9982-oscar-pistorius-to-be-released-on-parole-in-august#246315

Rolling Eyes

Do you do that on purpose?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Oscar Pistorius guilty of murder of Reeva Steenkamp, appeal court rules – live Empty Re: Oscar Pistorius guilty of murder of Reeva Steenkamp, appeal court rules – live

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:46 am

No, sorry, read it in the Guardian and put it straight on, thought we needed a new title as the other wasn't appropriate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:51 am

sassy wrote:No, sorry, read it in the Guardian and put it straight on, thought we needed a new title as the other wasn't appropriate.

It follows on though. There are too many threads about the same thing IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:56 am

Disagree.  Looked at the title already there, thought 'old news, needs new thread'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:02 am

sassy wrote:Disagree.  Looked at the title already there, thought 'old news, needs new thread'.

I thought you said you hadn't seen that thread. It's not old news - this is an ongoing saga, and the murder conviction follows on from the last verdict.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:08 am

I said I hadn't seen your post.  Anyway, whatever, there are more important things going on at the moment than worrying about a duplicated thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:10 am

sassy wrote:I said I hadn't seen your post.  Anyway, whatever, there are more important things going on at the moment than worrying about a duplicated thread.

The issue of duplicate threads is an ongoing one, like the Pistorius saga. If you have discussions on the same subject going on in different threads, there's no flow to it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:54 pm

It's all right.  I think this is a major turn in the case, that might warrant a new subject.

Anyhow, the analysis of mens rea is absolutely the correct analysis.  Good for the SA court.

We always felt that there was something wrong with a person admitting killing someone, and admitting that he intended death...but only...hitting the wrong person.  That, plus a lot of po' lil me tears is what got him off.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's all right.  I think this is a major turn in the case, that might warrant a new subject.

Anyhow, the analysis of mens rea is absolutely the correct analysis.  Good for the SA court.

We always felt that there was something wrong with a person admitting killing someone, and admitting that he intended death...but only...hitting the wrong person.  That, plus a lot of po' lil me tears is what got him off.

I've posted about it in the other thread, and since I posted before Sassy, I'll continue to post in that one if there's any more interesting news.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:It's all right.  I think this is a major turn in the case, that might warrant a new subject.

I've posted about it in the other thread, and since I posted before Sassy, I'll continue to post in that one if there's any more interesting news.

Ok...I've read your other thread as well. I'll respond there appropriately, as well. We'll have a right thorough airing of it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down