NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanders overtakes Clinton in Wisconsin: poll

5 posters

Go down

Sanders overtakes Clinton in Wisconsin: poll Empty Sanders overtakes Clinton in Wisconsin: poll

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders has overtaken primary rival Hillary Clinton to hold a slight edge in Wisconsin, according to a Marquette Law School poll released on Thursday.

The poll, which comes after a Democratic primary debate in Milwaukee this month, has Sanders narrowly leading Clinton by 44 percent to 43 percent, well inside the survey's margin of error.

The Vermont senator trailed Clinton by a 9-point margin in Wisconsin, 50–41 percent, in November.

The poll also finds Sanders matching up better than Clinton against top Republicans in hypothetical general election races in the Badger State.

Sanders defeats GOP primary front-runner Donald Trump by 20 points, 54–34 percent, while Clinton only wins by 10 points, 47–37 percent.

He also defeats Ted Cruz by an 18-point margin, 53–35, while Clinton ties the Texas senator, 43–43.

And Sanders trumps Marco Rubio by an identical margin, 53–35, while Clinton narrowly edges Rubio by a 44–43 margin.

Charles Franklin, the director of the Marquette poll, said Sanders is especially strong in head-to-head matchups because he draws support from independents in the state.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/270764-sanders-overtakes-clinton-in-wisconsin-poll

Go Bernie!

Back to top Go down

Sanders overtakes Clinton in Wisconsin: poll Empty Re: Sanders overtakes Clinton in Wisconsin: poll

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:12 am

We have our primary on Tuesday and I can't bring myself to vote in it; I'm still weighing so many different factors in my mind that I just can't decide.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Sanders overtakes Clinton in Wisconsin: poll Empty Re: Sanders overtakes Clinton in Wisconsin: poll

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:35 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:We have our primary on Tuesday and I can't bring myself to vote in it; I'm still weighing so many different factors in my mind that I just can't decide.
it`s not just Tuesday though is it its super tuesday

The GOP i think are hoping for rubio miracle that`s not going to come
cruz has at least won one primary but that not going to help
trump will clean sweep Tuesday with 53 to 60% of the vote and will be the presumptive nominee but then it could get a whole lot more interesting in the GOP upper echelons

Clinton will win but it will be close very close
Bernie a good guy but what he is proposing may sound great and it is but the chances of getting any of it trough a republican congress is NIL and so 4 more years of deadlock with all the good intentions and plans come to naught just like they did with obam`a

i am sorry to say this but i do it out of love most of the American people are morons ,that is not to say they all are

your like magpies and shiny objects (hypocrofull by the way )snake oil sales man comes along in a flashy suit pushing all the right buttons for his target audience and bloody great lines form to get them some of that medicine normally sane people loose all sense of perspective and jump on the band wagon

The founding fathers had a great idea its a real pity you let money corrupt it

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:01 pm

KD wrote:Clinton will win but it will be close very close
Bernie a good guy but what he is proposing may sound great and it is but the chances of getting any of it trough a republican congress is NIL and so 4 more years of deadlock with all the good intentions and plans come to naught just like they did with obam`a

Why do you assume it will be a Republican Congress post-2016?

All of this talk about disaffection with establishment politics is just a misnomer.  Americans are dissatisfied with government, yes...but what government is that?  

Why, they're talking about the Republican Congress.  That's the government that closed down the system by failing to pass a budget.  That's the government that has failed to pass a war bill against ISIS.  That's the government behind the sequester of funds, that has stopped government dead in its tracks.  That's the government of 'NO' that we hear so much about.  

Americans don't hate government; Americans hate Republicans.  The dysfunction is with Republicans; Americans are responding to that dysfunction.  When Americans say they are dissatisfied with politics, they mean they are about to oust the Republicans!  Republicans have proved that all they can do is obstruct.  They have no skill in positive politics.  America wants them out.

BTW, before you announce that "Americans are morons", contemplate your choice of Tony Blair as PM.  Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Hilary Clinton is an idiot, like her husband.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:26 pm

eddie wrote:Hilary Clinton is an idiot, like her husband.

A lot of people agree. Even more disagree, apparently. It's a non sequitur. She won in Nevada, and they are projecting she will win big in South Carolina.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Hilary Clinton is an idiot, like her husband.

A lot of people agree.  Even more disagree, apparently.  It's a non sequitur.  She won in Nevada, and they are projecting she will win big in South Carolina.

A lot of women I know say they'd not vote for her simply because she stuck by her cheating, lying husband.
I tend to agree.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A lot of people agree.  Even more disagree, apparently.  It's a non sequitur.  She won in Nevada, and they are projecting she will win big in South Carolina.

A lot of women I know say they'd not vote for her simply because she stuck by her cheating, lying husband.
I tend to agree.

Most people see that kind of reasoning as frivolous. If viewed personally, it could be interpreted as anything from stability and loyalty, to cowardice or fear. But that's like shunning an abused woman because she won't hit back. There is a lot more at stake than personal factors.

It may figure into viewing her as a shrew, The plain fact is that there is a huge negative reaction to Hillary. She is looked at as a kind of shrew. The allegations of dishonesty--as seen in the sagas of Benghazi and the emails, when both claims are not only insubstantial, but illogical--are a reflection of her image as a manipulative, distrustful woman. She is a prototype of the bitchy fishwife, in a generation just following the one that dismissed such stereotypes as sexist and prejudicial.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Hahaha so her being weak and cowardly (read "I want to hold onto my husband for power by proxy"), is looked upon as frivolous reasoning yet her being a "bitchy fishwife" doesn't?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:28 pm

eddie wrote:Hahaha so her being weak and cowardly (read "I want to hold onto my husband for power by proxy"), is looked upon as frivolous reasoning yet her being a "bitchy fishwife" doesn't?

I'm being just as critical of her as you, only I'm trying extract my personal view from an objective view.  Hillary is not liked by a substantial element, and it has something to do with seeing her as a 'bitchy fishwife'.  Whether you say it (and you did, in so many words) or the facts say it, it's still the same thing.

There is an element out there that simply doesn't like her.  She comes off as a bad-tempered or aggressively assertive woman--a shrew.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Hahaha so her being weak and cowardly (read "I want to hold onto my husband for power by proxy"), is looked upon as frivolous reasoning yet her being a "bitchy fishwife" doesn't?

I'm being just as critical of her as you, only I'm trying extract my personal view from an objective view.  Hillary is not liked by a substantial element, and it has something to do with seeing her as a 'bitchy fishwife'.  Whether you say it (and you did, in so many words) or the facts say it, it's still the same thing.

There is an element out there that simply doesn't like her.  She comes off as a bad-tempered or aggressively assertive woman--a shrew.

It's obviously not something she hides very well either! Not even a shrewd shrew! lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:46 pm

The thought that gives me pause is, as much as I love Sanders (and I've loved him before most ever even heard of him), would I prefer him or Clinton sitting behind the Resolute desk when the next major terrorist attack or natural disaster happens?

Sanders doesn't strike me as having the broad range of experience needed to be able to juggle the economy, national defense, education, the environment, etc. that a president needs to at least be able to say, "I know a bit and I know good, trustworthy people who know more and will craft my policy."

Then again, Sanders wants to make the U.S. more like Sweden or Canada and I'd really love to have a president pushing for that. I don't know how much headway he could realistically make, but nobody would have predicted all that Obama was able to achieve even having to fight a Republican Congress.

So I'm torn. I just know that despite the shortcomings of either, which are there, of course, and shouldn't be ignored, there's not one Republican who I would trust to run the country for a week, let alone four years.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:48 pm

Thinking a bit further, I would be willing to give Kasich a month-long trial period, but that's it Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Shame Kasich doesn't stand a chance. Though I'd still want to avoid a Republican at all costs.

For all her many shortcomings, I agree Hillary is the most suited to the job of POTUS. But as Trump masses support I'm rapidly losing faith in the American people.

Hopefully, as Trump squirms under the grusome twosome of Cruz and Rubio, he would be ripped apart by Clinton in possible future debates.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:12 am

Original Quill wrote:
KD wrote:Clinton will win but it will be close very close

Why do you assume it will be a Republican Congress post-2016?

All of this talk about disaffection with establishment politics is just a misnomer.  Americans are dissatisfied with government, yes...but what government is that?  

Why, they're talking about the Republican Congress.  That's the government that closed down the system by failing to pass a budget.  That's the government that has failed to pass a war bill against ISIS.  That's the government behind the sequester of funds, that has stopped government dead in its tracks.  That's the government of 'NO' that we hear so much about.  

Americans don't hate government; Americans hate Republicans.  The dysfunction is with Republicans; Americans are responding to that dysfunction.  When Americans say they are dissatisfied with politics, they mean they are about to oust the Republicans!  Republicans have proved that all they can do is obstruct.  They have no skill in positive politics.  America wants them out.

BTW, before you announce that "Americans are morons", contemplate your choice of Tony Blair as PM.  Rolling Eyes
I say it with the upmost respect Q
i am fond of America and Americans in general, however you do seem to have more than your fair share of complete nutters

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:34 am

Smile

I saw one poll a couple of weeks back,  that had around 28% of respondents supporting the Republicans, and 41% of those who intended to vote for the GOP supported Trump, at that stage...

41% of 28%  ==  that's less than 12% of those American voters polled, who were supporting Trump, at that time..

It seems now that, the more likely that Trump looks like winning the Republican nomination, the more that public support is gathering behind Hillary.

Just maybe, many Americans may consider Clinton to be "the lesser  of two evils" - and are genuinely scared of what a President Trump could do to the US economy, stability, freedoms, and reputation ?

Brong it on,  Hillary..

Basketball
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:23 pm

KD wrote:I say it with the upmost respect Q
i am fond of America and Americans in general, however you do seem to have more than your fair share of complete nutters

I know where you are coming from, KD.  But what you are watching are the death throes of a political party.  They are embarrassed and demoralized, and people do strange things when they get really down.  I know...my whole family is Republican, and I have to listen to their moans.

The last gasps of the Republican Party were with Ronald Reagan...who was only a good actor, after all.  They lost America's favor what with becoming burglars in Watergate, and Hitler-all-over-again in Iraq.  Few could overcome such bad press.

The Republicans (not Americans in general) are casting about for a life-line.  They have a mixture of bitterness, racism, anger, rejection, and 19th-century ideology creating the sour taste in their mouths.  

They are not happy.  They will either reawaken as something fresh and new, or turn their heads sadly toward the wall and fade away.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Yep, they're a cornered animal all right -- fangs out and everything. You can tell by how Trump isn't using the usual Republican code words -- "welfare reform," "inner city," "tax cuts" which are all ways typical GOP candidates remind their base of their shared belief that minorities (on benefits, of course) are sucking the nation dry, or "Sharia law," etc., reminding their base of their shared belief that the Mooslims are out to kill us. He just flat-out says what they think, and of course, they find it refreshing because they think other people believe the same things and that we're finally talking openly about it.

You can also tell by the violent rhetoric -- a conservative recently suggested that if Obama fulfills his constitutional responsibility to appoint a new Supreme Court justice, that will set off a civil war. These ideas aren't born in a vacuum, and illustrate how this faction feels it's losing power and that it can't keep it democratically anymore.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down