NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty

Go down

Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty  Empty Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:46 pm

Crimes like badger baiting and the slaughter of wild birds of prey will go uninvestigated.

In 2014, the government announced only 2 years of support to the National Wildlife Crime Unit (NWCU), the unit will vanish if the government does not fund it beyond March 2016 (it's still undecided).

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/118005

Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty  CcK67c2W0AAtBgG

Back to top Go down

Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty  Empty Re: Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:23 pm

ok sassy ...what idiot site did you get that picture off....

the last photo clearly shows GAME shooters

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty  Empty Re: Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:26 pm

and as such means I will NOT be supporting them...

I will go via our shooters representative body.....
who are also supporting provision for the wildlife crime unit....

but of course...that divides the petition....

who's fault is that?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:29 pm

Lord Foul wrote:ok sassy ...what idiot site did you get that picture off....

the last photo clearly shows GAME shooters

It does, but the others don't, and the petition is gaining momentum of Twitter, and people who shoot game to not have the monopoly on wanting wild life protected.  As this is a petition going to Parliament, the best thing to do would be to support both, just because you support one does not mean you can't support the other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:34 pm

why should I support a petition from a site that publishes false, demonising propaganda against my interests???

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:36 pm

Give over, the people who put those pictures together don't know about game shooting, they do know that if the Unit closes animals will be at risk, and that's all they care about.  If you don't want the Unit to close, what the hell does it matter that put the wrong kind of photo on, it's the animals that matter.   Two petitions for the same thing are much better than one petition from a very narrow group of people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:42 pm

sassy wrote:Give over, the people who put those pictures together don't know about game shooting, they do know that if the Unit closes animals will be at risk, and that's all they care about.  If you don't want the Unit to close, what the hell does it matter that put the wrong kind of photo on, it's the animals that matter.   Two petitions for the same thing are much better than one petition from a very narrow group of people.

dont make me laugh sassy.....

who are they?

if they are savvy enough to know about wild life crime then they MUST be aware of legitimate game shooting...this is pure propaganda being slipped in on something else...

i smell LACS at work....
they always were underhand and sneaky....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:44 pm

They are ordinary Twitter users who care about animals and heard about the unit being closed.  That's what Twitter users do, keep each other informed about anything they think will interest them.  That's why the petition is now being spread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:50 pm

In fact just found out, two of the people who started it were Ben Fogle and Joanna Lumley, oh and Caroline Lucas and Bill Oddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:58 pm

Rolling Eyes

LACS and PETA my two favourite organisations.....
sigh..........................

I'll sign through my organisation......

to sign this one would be an implicit admission that game shoting should be illegal...maybe you should point out to them that they are alienating 250,000 plus potential signatories by having that last picture in

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:59 pm

They didn't put the picture in, a twitter user put it together Sigh

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:01 pm

well it aint going to make em any friends.....at least not amongst those 250,000 potential signatories....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:03 pm

Oh, so the fact that one Twitter user fucked up is more important than the animals.  Sometimes I do wonder about just how pedantic people can be.  Ah well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:08 pm

public perception and implied liability...

all important , especially when you have characters the likes of which inhabit LACS etc about.

i wouldnt wonder that this charlie in fact made no "fuck up at all" but deliberately included that last one all sneaky like...

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:14 pm

You know what, I wouldn't give a damn either way, if it's to save the unit it's the only thing I would care about.  Never mind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:31 pm

sassy wrote:They didn't put the picture in, a twitter user put it together Sigh

EXACTLY...that's a tragic backwash from the ability to pull images & loosey-goosey information off of the internet without doing any fact checking or approved photos from reputable sources!

Our local rescue units have that problem all of the time; verify & fact check all image sources prior to putting up a petition/web page to garner support...but the bases is for a good thing --- just something flawed in the presentation and things go array!

Isn't that kinda of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater isn't it Lord Foul? Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty  265384880

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:47 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
sassy wrote:They didn't put the picture in, a twitter user put it together Sigh

EXACTLY...that's a tragic backwash from the ability to pull images & loosey-goosey information off of the internet without doing any fact checking or approved photos from reputable sources!

Our local rescue units have that problem all of the time; verify & fact check all image sources prior to putting up a petition/web page to garner support...but the bases is for a good thing --- just something flawed in the presentation and things go array!  

Isn't that kinda of like throwing the baby out with the bathwater isn't it Lord Foul? Save the Police Unit that Protects Wildlife from Human Cruelty  265384880

not exactly ...you have no idea of the idiots we have to contend with over here...or the level of malice that exists.

nor the depths and breadth of the deciet and crafty tricks we are subject too....

it has got to the point where we (shooters) have to absolutely examine every piece of stuff like this and look for the "hidden agenda"

mark my words...following this "petition" when the dust from that settles there will be the follow up of "x thousand people signed our petition and agreed game shooting should be made a crime" Rolling Eyes

we cant afford to trust anything that has imagrey like this.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:51 pm

And I absolutely bet you will be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:36 am

Lord Foul wrote:
aspca4ever wrote:

not exactly ...you have no idea of the idiots we have to contend with over here...or the level of malice that exists.

nor the depths and breadth of the deciet and crafty tricks we are subject too....

it has got to the point where we (shooters) have to absolutely examine every piece of stuff like this and look for the "hidden agenda"

mark my words...following this "petition" when the dust from that settles there will be the follow up of "x thousand people signed our petition and agreed game shooting should be made a crime"   Rolling Eyes

we cant afford to trust anything that has imagrey like this.....

Well the longitude & latitude might be different but the basic mentality of those 'lesser thinking humans' that dwell within our regions are basically ALL THE SAME!
We have a huge push across America to obtain a change in ordnances to upgrade any and all animal abuse cases to something greater then a misdemeanor charge and the few extreme NUT-JOBS that like to make everything about 'NRA says - NRA speaks just the truth' and they are getting funding from the NRA {national rifle association} to block any an all petitions and laws to modify a charge of animal abuse from a misdemeanor ruling to a felony offence ---
Animal abuse is just one fine line step below becoming a human abuser or worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:41 am

i'm not sure what yo are saying here....

are you saying that people who hunt are lesser beings?

or what?

are you implying like didge, that hunters are animal abusers

or what?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:48 am

Lord Foul wrote:i'm not sure what yo are saying here....

are you saying that people who hunt are lesser beings?

or what?

are you implying like didge, that hunters are animal abusers

or what?

No - No - NOooooo only that other entities will do all that they can {devious humanoids} with their own hidden agenda.

I own a small hand gun and a 22 rifle...and I think my son just brought back a couple of his fire arms and placed them in my gun safe {2 years ago}...it's been that long since I've opened up and looked in there! No, indeed I was raised by a hunting father and we all had to know how to shoot/how to clean & gut what we killed and we were never to kill anything that we wouldn't be eating unless it was injured or ill or rabid.

I'm a responsible pet owner/chicken farmer/gun owner --- and I do not need the NRA dictating to me what is right and what is wrong about verifying/qualifying/registering our weapons!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:56 am

Ah right ...I was beginning to wonder if I had yet another round of justifying to do....

i freely admit that SOME things I shoot are not eaten...at least not by me...

crows rats and grey squirrels are pests and basically inedible though I suppose at need...ughhhh

however after a bit of thought I have changed to using steel shot in my browning since the crows etc (the inedibles) are left for the buzzards that appear out of nowhere when my vehicle hits the farm track....and I dont want them getting lead poisoning....

(and my shotgun is proofed for steel anyway)

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:28 am

Indeed...until I watched the episode on Animal Planet about the lead poisoning issue and the carrion/scavengers/buzzards issue --- I had no idea. Last year I counted 15 buzzards perched atop of my north neighbors old stone silo tower --- I'd never seen so many cluster around one place to sit ever. I've seen them flying high above where a deer was killed/maimed along the highway---but over the dry feed lot when the cattle are still out in the green flint hills grazing. I wondered if they were eye-balling my chickens out grazing...so I called them in and put them back into their runs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down