NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hexes & Curses

+5
Syl
Victorismyhero
stardesk
Major
Raggamuffin
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Empty Hexes & Curses

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

What Is A Hex or Curse

The word "hex" originates from Pennsylvania Dutch. It was the equivalent of the German verb hexen, "to practice sorcery." The English verb hex, first recorded in the sense "to practice witchcraft" in an 1830 work called Annals of Philadelphia. It is also found from Middle High German hecse and from Old High German hagzissa. By definition today, hex is an evil spell designed to cause harm to someone.

"Curse" has uncertain origins. Some sources point to Old English and the word curs "a prayer that evil or harm befall one". Some cite the Old French 'curuz' meaning anger, or Latin 'cursus' meaning course. There are no similar words in Germanic, Romance or Celtic languages. The earliest use of of the word as the verb meaning to "swear profanely" comes from 1230. As the word is used today, it's more likely to have come from the Old English usage.

Many scholars view Hex as the action, and Curse as the result of that action. He hexed the woman at the store, now she is cursed for life.

In today's world of Witchcraft, a hex is nothing more than a spell designed to cause negative manipulation to a person or group of people. Lighting a candle and saying a prayer to "God" to curse someone isn't the kind of hex we're talking about here. And many would argue that's not a hex at all, but rather a request to a divine being to help the petitioner smite someone for an unjust deed. Doesn't mean God is going to do that for them. Therefore it's not really a hex.

A hex is like any other spell. It has a component for setting it's intent, a statement of consequence and often the reason behind the hex. It includes calling upon some force or forces to help with the smiting and sometimes it can create a special method of delivery, such as through a demon, a talisman, or even a familiar (an animal spirit who carries the negative energy to the intended victim).

The Ethics of Hexing

Many traditions hold a value within their creed of faith that firmly states magik is not to be used for ill against others. Wicca is an example of one of these traditions. But not all traditions hold the "An in it, Harm none" rule. Other traditions believe any form of manipulation of another, whither good intended or negatively desired, should not be attempted by it's practioners. And still, there are other traditions that believe hexing is up to an individual and they need to understand the consequences of their actions for doing so. Accepting the accountability for the hex, as well as the resulting karma.

The bottom line simply requires anyone conducting a spell of manipulation will be accountable for their actions. Whither the spell was meant to hex, or heal, in either case a practitioner is using energy to manipulate the will of another. If the intended recipient is aware and accepting of the intended manipulation (such as for a healing), the accountability is less likely to be negative. But if the intended person is not aware of the energy being sent their way, even a well intended healing spell can be seen as negative manipulation.

Take for example the woman with cancer who is facing her last days on earth. A well intended relative casts a spell for healing for the dying woman. A spell designed to help the woman regain her strength and continue to fight the cancer that is ravaging her body. This well intended healing spell can actually cause more harm than good, especially if the cancerous woman didn't ask for it. It may cause her to suffer in pain for days or weeks longer than she would have, had she simply been allowed to let go and cross over into death. It may impact the family watching her suffer and slip away, by causing them additional anxiety and sorrow as they watch their relative waste away. Each practioner of magik must take all consequences into consideration before they cast any spell. Even those with good intentions. But especially those with negative hexing intentions.

Protection Against Hexes

I can't tell you how many people write to me asking for help because their family has been hexed and cursed. Or how many individuals have explained their one time friend has started hexing them and their life is in shambles.

There are 2 very important things to remember about hexes.

Just because you are having a sting of bad luck doesn't mean you've been hexed by someone. Everyone goes through trials and tribulations and they are not easy for anyone. But more often than not, they of our own making and from our own choices. We can't go back and change the things we went through. But we can learn from them and heal ourselves in the process. Blaming others for our own choices is not going to get you anywhere.

It's more likely than not, that your current experiences are coming from your own worry. Just by thinking someone has cast a spell on you, you are giving that person your energy and creating anxiety for negative events even if nothing has been done to you. I strongly suggest those who believe they have been cursed, read the articles listed in the next section.

The second thing to remember about hexes is that they cannot work unless you allow them to. So if you are absolutely sure that someone has attempted to curse you, what do you need to know?

First someone who threatens you with a hex very likely hasn't got a clue nor do they have the experience to cast such a spell upon you and produce enough energy to have any real affect. Those that have the knowledge, won't tell you they're going to smite you.

http://www.paganspath.com/magik/hex.htm

I've been doing a little reading up about paganism following the recent threats being mentioned on the Forum.  It really wasn't what I thought paganism was about Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Confus10  However, I don't think you have a lot to worry about Stormee judging by the above.

I always thought that paganism was about living at one with nature and the earth, not casting evils spells and curses?  Live and let live as long as it doesn't harm another? How is "harm" defined? Insinuating someone is a liar, does that warrant a pagan curse???!!

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Smiley10

What do Pagans believe in?

Although Paganism covers a wide spectrum of ideas, these elements sum up the beliefs of the majority.

Nature

The recognition of the divine in nature is at the heart of Pagan belief. Pagans are deeply aware of the natural world and see the power of the divine in the ongoing cycle of life and death. Most Pagans are eco-friendly, seeking to live in a way that minimises harm to the natural environment.

Concepts of the divine

Pagans worship the divine in many different forms, through feminine as well as masculine imagery and also as without gender. The most important and widely recognised of these are the God and Goddess (or pantheons of God and Goddesses) whose annual cycle of procreation, giving birth and dying defines the Pagan year. Paganism strongly emphasises equality of the sexes. Women play a prominent role in the modern Pagan movement, and Goddess worship features in most Pagan ceremonies.

Pagan theology

Paganism is not based on doctrine or liturgy. Many pagans believe 'if it harms none, do what you will'. Following this code, Pagan theology is based primarily on experience, with the aim of Pagan ritual being to make contact with the divine in the world that surrounds them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/paganism/beliefs/beliefs.shtml

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Empty Re: Hexes & Curses

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:45 pm

I don't worship Pan Stormee, and your desperation is almost palpable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Stormee, the more you protest the more your desperation takes hold.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Oh I know Stormee, don't I.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:48 pm

I kinda believe in hexes and stuff like that.
The mind is a powerful thing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:50 pm

It certainly is.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:00 pm

I was in control of a guys foot once! Hahahaha

We really fancied eachother and were in a room with a bunch of other people. I went absolutely into this zone and concentrated on his foot (don't know why) and made it my focus and told him to "move his foot" in my mind. Everytime I said it and I had to concentrate he started jiggling his foot and as soon as I stopped saying it in my head, he stopped.
I did this for over an hour.

Later on we got it on and I told him. Funny thing is he said he'd been really aware that his foot kept jiggling and it had been bugging him. Hahahahaha
Great night
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:12 pm

Sound it lol   Have you ever tried moving something on a table with your mind?   I do a lot of meditating and have done it since the 60s, so I find concentration quite easy.  I have tried small thing many times and have managed to get small things to move a few times.  I felt utterly exhausted afterwards, it takes so much concentration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:16 pm

My brother went to Oakham School, was Head Boy there, he got in because he passed his 11+ and it was the only grammar school, so my Dad didn't have to pay.  While he was there, Matthew Manning was there.  He is now a healer.  He had to leave the school because of all the things that happened around him while he slept.  Writing would appear on walls, beds would move and more.  He was studied in America, and they found he used parts of his brain that are normally dormant.

Here's an interview with him:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/matthew-manning-healer-contact-interview

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:40 am

sassy wrote:My brother went to Oakham School, was Head Boy there, he got in because he passed his 11+ and it was the only grammar school, so my Dad didn't have to pay.  While he was there, Matthew Manning was there.  He is now a healer.  He had to leave the school because of all the things that happened around him while he slept.  Writing would appear on walls, beds would move and more.  He was studied in America, and they found he used parts of his brain that are normally dormant.

Here's an interview with him:

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/matthew-manning-healer-contact-interview

Wow. That is so interesting!! Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:40 am

He's on Facebook.  

Found this on his page, as someone who has meditated for many years, found it rather interesting:

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 6785_1130475813663859_8133894674732587283_n

NEW STUDY SHOWS MEDITATION CHANGES BOTH BRAIN AND BODY

It isn't just in your head. A new scientific study published in the journal "Biological Psychiatry" reports that mindfulness meditation really does reduce stress and 'rewire' the brain to be less reactive.

There have been anecdotal suggestions that mindfulness meditation, which involves being aware and non-judgemental in each moment, helps the brain and body relieve stress. However, there were problems with studying its effects scientifically - until scientists at Carnegie Mellon University figured out a way to create a placebo for comparison between groups.

Researchers found 35 unemployed people under stress from their job searches. All were given brain scans and blood tests to measure levels of inflammation and levels of cortisol - a chemical related to stress.

Half the group was taught actual mindfulness meditation and practiced it for 25 minutes a day for three consecutive days. The mindfulness group "paid close attention to bodily sensations, including unpleasant ones." The rest were put in a placebo routine of a fake form of meditation. Those people were given stretching exercises, relaxation, and joked during their sessions.

After three days, people in both groups claimed they felt better. But follow-up examinations showed a much different story.

Brain scans on those who'd followed the legitimate form of meditation showed actual decreases in inflammation. That didn't happen with the participants in the placebo meditation group.

Another follow-up four months later showed those who were taught mindfulness meditation showed lower levels of chemicals related to stress in their bloodstream than those in the placebo group.

David Cresswell, lead author of the study and associate professor of psychology at Carnegie Mellon University, recommends training people in mindfulness meditation because the practice "improves your brain's ability to help you manage stress, and these changes improve a broad range of stress-related outcomes, such as your inflammatory health."

This is his facebook link:  https://www.facebook.com/Matthew-Manning-UK-Healer-311782348866547/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:15 am

I can hear the quaver in your voice from here Stormee lol

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:46 pm

sassy wrote:He's on Facebook.  

Found this on his page, as someone who has meditated for many years, found it rather interesting:

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 6785_1130475813663859_8133894674732587283_n

NEW STUDY SHOWS MEDITATION CHANGES BOTH BRAIN AND BODY

It isn't just in your head. A new scientific study published in the journal "Biological Psychiatry" reports that mindfulness meditation really does reduce stress and 'rewire' the brain to be less reactive.

There have been anecdotal suggestions that mindfulness meditation, which involves being aware and non-judgemental in each moment, helps the brain and body relieve stress. However, there were problems with studying its effects scientifically - until scientists at Carnegie Mellon University figured out a way to create a placebo for comparison between groups.

Researchers found 35 unemployed people under stress from their job searches. All were given brain scans and blood tests to measure levels of inflammation and levels of cortisol - a chemical related to stress.

Half the group was taught actual mindfulness meditation and practiced it for 25 minutes a day for three consecutive days. The mindfulness group "paid close attention to bodily sensations, including unpleasant ones." The rest were put in a placebo routine of a fake form of meditation. Those people were given stretching exercises, relaxation, and joked during their sessions.

After three days, people in both groups claimed they felt better. But follow-up examinations showed a much different story.

Brain scans on those who'd followed the legitimate form of meditation showed actual decreases in inflammation. That didn't happen with the participants in the placebo meditation group.

Another follow-up four months later showed those who were taught mindfulness meditation showed lower levels of chemicals related to stress in their bloodstream than those in the placebo group.

David Cresswell, lead author of the study and associate professor of psychology at Carnegie Mellon University, recommends training people in mindfulness meditation because the practice "improves your brain's ability to help you manage stress, and these changes improve a broad range of stress-related outcomes, such as your inflammatory health."

This is his facebook link:  https://www.facebook.com/Matthew-Manning-UK-Healer-311782348866547/

I can't stress the benefits of meditation enough.    It heals.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Horatio Tarr stated >>>
I can't stress the benefits of meditation enough. It heals.

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Yoga-exercise-smiley-emoticon
Yes, indeed it does ~~~ and if those of us that don't use the entire volume of our lungs --- this deep breathing practice {meditation} is something that ALL HUMANS NEED TO DO DAILY. As we age the lack of maintaining those important internal organs will come back to BITE US IN THE ARSE!!! SERIOUSLY...

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:07 pm

I tried contemplating my navel, but I couldn't see it!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:48 am

Was the Wicker Man on the telly recently or something?

That poor man in this picture must have gone through hell Laughing

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Wicker10
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:17 am

nicko wrote:I tried contemplating my navel,   but I couldn't see it!

No - Nooooo, not the proper position for meditation No
Hell, I can't even cross my legs like that image any more---I'd need a couple of 'HARD BODIES' to assist me up off of the floor and then a leg massage and I could use a shoulder & neck massage and oh --- well - what the hell... Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Th?id=OIP.M1d258b0a08af190fb637737831b3d1f8o0&pid=15

I did some propagation of planting tubers today --- I sure deserve a back rub. IMHO Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:50 am

I can get down alright, but getting up without something to hold on to is impossible. Have you noticed that your body is old, but your mind is still young? I'm 75, but in my mind i'm 19.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Empty No TRUER words were ever written~~~ LOL

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:53 pm

nicko wrote:I can get down alright,   but getting up without something to hold on to is impossible.  Have you noticed that your body is old, but your mind is still young?  I'm 75, but in my mind i'm 19.

I've been stuck low by a 'wee-little' tick bite; and now my ability to work and be mobile and independent has been a work in progress for the past 1½ years!
The 'wee-little' ticks & those pesky mosquito's seem to be hell bent on doing away with all humanity!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:57 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
nicko wrote:I can get down alright,   but getting up without something to hold on to is impossible.  Have you noticed that your body is old, but your mind is still young?  I'm 75, but in my mind i'm 19.

I've been stuck low by a 'wee-little' tick bite; and now my ability to work and be mobile and independent has been a work in progress for the past 1½ years!
The 'wee-little' ticks & those pesky mosquito's seem to be hell bent on doing away with all humanity!!!    

I hope you haven't got Lymes Disease from that tick, that's not nice at all!.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:01 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I've been diagnosed; it took 3 full spectrum blood tests to finally get a 'TRUE POSITIVE' reading. $1,600. for each test...these tick bites will often provide a 'False Blood' testing results. I've now learned that the CDC has named 2 newer blood borne tick diseases since my tests results 2 years ago. Creepy little bastards --- UGHHH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Poor you, that's truly horried, and I believe once you have it, that's it.  Thankfully here we don't pay for health treatment (well, we do in National Insurance and Taxes) because I have chronic leaukeamia, so I really sympathise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:07 pm

aspca4ever wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I've been diagnosed; it took 3 full spectrum blood tests to finally get a 'TRUE POSITIVE' reading.  $1,600. for each test...these tick bites will often provide a 'False Blood' testing results.  I've now learned that the CDC has named 2 newer blood borne tick diseases since my tests results 2 years ago.  Creepy little bastards --- UGHHH

Really no health insurance and really $1600, when they at most cost top range $1300 each

Seems like you have been robbed or made the whole thing up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:20 pm

sassy wrote:Poor you, that's truly horried, and I believe once you have it, that's it.  Thankfully here we don't pay for health treatment (well, we do in National Insurance and Taxes) because I have chronic leaukeamia, so I really sympathise.

Well, our ACA {affordable care act} was supposed to remedy that 'NO HEALTH COVERAGE' issue nation wide; but then the SCOTUS {supreme court of the united states} over ruled that and provided any/all states that wanted to 'WAVER' the ACA to be able to do so. And unfortunately for my state --- our governor didn't think he had any residents that were needing the ACA option. If I could sell out and relocate to any of the 4 bordering states around me --- I'd be 100% better off then what I'm having to pay out of pocket right here!
BTW - the lesser thinking humans that re-elected that buffoon of a governor have tried to get him removed from office too! Hexes & Curses - Page 2 265384880

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 pm

Some people are so easily fooled by politicians and then wonder why they end up with vile people in office!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:24 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
sassy wrote:Poor you, that's truly horried, and I believe once you have it, that's it.  Thankfully here we don't pay for health treatment (well, we do in National Insurance and Taxes) because I have chronic leaukeamia, so I really sympathise.

Well, our ACA {affordable care act} was supposed to remedy that 'NO HEALTH COVERAGE' issue nation wide; but then the SCOTUS {supreme court of the united states} over ruled that and provided any/all states that wanted to 'WAVER' the ACA to be able to do so.  And unfortunately for my state --- our governor didn't think he had any residents that were needing the ACA option.  If I could sell out and relocate to any of the 4 bordering states around me --- I'd be 100% better off then what I'm having to pay out of pocket right here!  
BTW - the lesser thinking humans that re-elected that buffoon of a governor have tried to get him removed from office too!  Hexes & Curses - Page 2 265384880

Pinocchio ha ha eat your heart out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:29 pm

sassy wrote:Some people are so easily fooled by politicians and then wonder why they end up with vile people in office!

Quite right there; and if you've been following our recent political diatribe over here --- it's just one long circus train load of utter ignorance --- from one debate to another!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:37 pm

at least it is Lyme and not Rocky mountain spotted fever

ie yours is from Borellia spp
rather than rickettsia spp....

what are you on for meds??

doxycycline or amoxil???

btw.... you have my sympathy....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:13 am

Lord Foul wrote:at least it is Lyme and not Rocky mountain spotted fever

ie yours is from Borellia spp
rather than rickettsia spp....

what are you on for meds??

doxycycline or amoxil???

btw.... you have my sympathy....

Mine 3rd blood test showed the 'Borellia Spp' virus as the positive; they put me on 800mg of a heavy dosage of antibiotic - that made me very ill so they tried 2 others before they found something that seemed to be what I could digest safely.
I've always been sensitive to antibiotics and this has made my treatment very 'IFFY'.

Since I was late in finding the little devil embedded between my toes - L-foot and the window of opportunity to throw 3 - 5 months of a heavy antibiotic at it with positive results had passed; we/they just kept trying whatever I could hold down. And then I went in for penicillin shots weekly for a month and that help immensely --- cure it or kill me but something had to get better. For those muscle spasms/neck stiffness/cluster migraines they put me on a large dose of Gabapentin {what my young neighbor girl with epilepsy is taking} neuron suppressor so my muscles would stop contracting so rapidly and painfully.

BTW - there are now 2 new strains of the tick blood borne illness {almost like lyme's transferred bacteria} but not quite the same --- seems the bloody suckers are a changing their own method of attacking us humans.

New Tick-Borne 'Bourbon Virus' Blamed for Kansas Man's ...
abcnews.go.com/Health/tick-borne-bourbon-virus-blamed-kansas-mans ...
Dec 22, 2014 · A new tick-borne virus has been discovered in Kansas and dubbed the "Bourbon virus." The never-before-seen virus was named for Bourbon County, …

And then this one...wasn't found in my area until just this past fall too...

New Tick-borne Disease Found Tufts researchers show that in some cases, what looks like Lyme could be a completely different illness transmitted by the same bug -
This is one that will not appear as an absolute positive for Lyme's bacteria.
“We’ve known that this bacteria existed in the Northeast in deer ticks, but there was little data linking it to human disease” until now, says Telford, an expert on tick-borne diseases and a professor in the Department of Infectious Diseases and Global Health at the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine. “We just needed the right patient to confirm the presence of the disease.” That patient was the elderly woman, who lived on a farm in New Jersey. Over four months, she had experienced progressive mental decline, becoming increasingly confused. Her gait grew wobbly, and she didn’t have much of an appetite. Her immune system was compromised from a previous bout with cancer, so her doctors drew spinal fluid in the hopes of finding out what was going on. - See more at: http://now.tufts.edu/articles/new-tick-borne-disease-found#sthash.XGIhcFJd.dpuf

Odd how I've never been afraid of the great outdoors and now keeping even the wild rabbits from nesting around my garden area is imperative to me. I've got one older dog that has been suffering from his Lyme's problem as well --- I'll have to make a tough decision regarding that issue soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:32 am

good luck with keeping then rabbits out .....

It will be tough as well with your old pal there...nothing worse...

we have a fair old pack here...
my springer spaniel....rehome
a trained hunting red setter inherited from FiL when he passed away

lovely to see them working together

a ratting terrier..not that he was meant to rat...its just he cant help himself.....
a mini pinscher
a pug x cavalier
a spitz klein...rehome
and an elderly pomerainian

we lost our even more elderly papillon...rehome....... at age 18 just before christmas...

Its quite an outing when they are all with us let me tell you...

Oh btw ...vis the controversy over your forum name...

I didnt see specsavers....

I saw aspic4ever

and thought ...does this person like brawn Laughing

so now for ever I am going to think of you as aspic...mmmmm...yum....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:43 am

Well, I wouldn't have had such a 'WILD FUZZY BUNNY' issue if I hadn't been feeding those furballs!!! I stopped that right away...but they still sneak through my dog yard fencing and now I'll be running 3' high row of chicken wire around that inside perimeter to stop that happy crap from happening! UGH I used to foster/rescue up to 15 dogs at any given time...but after this physical set back I've had to just be the mobile unit driver when I need to transport or go retrieve a large quantity of puppy mills rescues.
But I'm happy to know that this rescue thing is world wide and there are numerous good people out there doing the grunt work too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:50 am

Didge wrote:
aspca4ever wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I've been diagnosed; it took 3 full spectrum blood tests to finally get a 'TRUE POSITIVE' reading.  $1,600. for each test...these tick bites will often provide a 'False Blood' testing results.  I've now learned that the CDC has named 2 newer blood borne tick diseases since my tests results 2 years ago.  Creepy little bastards --- UGHHH

Really no health insurance and really $1600, when they at most cost top range $1300 each

As soon as I've handed your BULLYING ATTITUDED back to you in your ass-hat...I'd hoped that you'd show some back bone and clarify/edit/delete your heinous blunder in this post --- but as per your usual; you lay a huge putrid rotting egg of lies and misinformation around this community and never correct or OWN YOUR ERRORS/FLAT OUT LIES!
You are your own worst enemy and as with all of the true ADULTS --- subjected to nothing but mire tolerance for that ignorance!

Health care transparency has been a topic of great debate. In a country where most of price-setting for other products is influenced by consumers, many experts said when it came to health care, U.S. consumers had no power. This, they said, was because they lacked fundamental knowledge necessary in a free-market economy -- the cost of the services for which they were paying.

The reasons for this are many. Few people understand the complexities of health care reimbursement, because how hospitals establish what patients are charged is only abstractly related to actual cost. Hospitals record supplies and services rendered during a hospital stay, and charge according to a fee schedule, or "chargemaster." But these amounts rarely reflect what hospitals actually receive as payment. Medicare and Medicaid payments are set by the government, while third-payer insurance prices are negotiated yearly for significantly reduced rates.

"There is no standard in the United States for reasonable prices or reference pricing," said lead study author Dr. Renee Hsia, associate professor of emergency medicine at the University of California at San Francisco, and a long-time friend of Hong's. "If you go to a hospital, they can charge you whatever they want. Negotiated rates are trade secrets," she said.

When Hsia found out about Hong's hospital bill, it inspired her to take a closer look at the differences in costs that various hospitals charge for the same procedures.

"I see these issues every day," she said. "Regardless of what they are coming in for, the bill is going to be huge. Even if we can take care of them physically, financially, it could be devastating."

And devastating it is for millions of Americans. In a 2007 study by Harvard Medical School and Ohio University researchers, 62.1 percent of bankruptcies were medically related. Most of these happened to well-educated Americans who owned their homes and were in middle-class occupations. Not all these families were struck by devastating cancer or incurable disease. Hsia's findings suggested that it was possible that even a routine procedure could produce a bill in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

"No one is protected," Hsia said. "Even with insurance, it is a crazy and secret system" Others working in the field suggested there was no simple solution.

"Consumer empowerment can only occur if prospective patients actually have easy access to user-friendly, reliable information," Princeton economist Uwe Reinhardt explained in his 2006 article, "The Pricing of U.S. Hospital Services: Chaos Behind a Veil of Secrecy."
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/medical-costs-vary-wildly-hospital-hospital-study/story?id=16196700

And that's twice you've been Hexes & Curses - Page 2 2581891615
WRONG ABOUT THE ACA ISSUE
WRONG ABOUT COST FOR MEDICAL PROCEDURES AND TESTING COST ALL ACROSS AMERICA!!!
You've been served - yet again and always you utter worthless drag on society and I'll put on permanent ignore so I won't be subject to any more or you utter BS and lying methods of trying to stay at the adult table and converse.

You and Raggs enjoy yourselves at the KIDDIE TABLE!

Back to top Go down

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Empty YOU'VE BEEN SERVED - YET AGAIN~~~ LMAO

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:53 am

Didge wrote:
aspca4ever wrote:

Well, our ACA {affordable care act} was supposed to remedy that 'NO HEALTH COVERAGE' issue nation wide; but then the SCOTUS {supreme court of the united states} over ruled that and provided any/all states that wanted to 'WAVER' the ACA to be able to do so.  And unfortunately for my state --- our governor didn't think he had any residents that were needing the ACA option.  If I could sell out and relocate to any of the 4 bordering states around me --- I'd be 100% better off then what I'm having to pay out of pocket right here!  
BTW - the lesser thinking humans that re-elected that buffoon of a governor have tried to get him removed from office too!  Hexes & Curses - Page 2 265384880

Pinocchio ha ha eat your heart out

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 2981866455 #2...They seem to be BREEDING around here. Hexes & Curses - Page 2 2190311264

Here's a image you may feel free to use for your very own 'SIGNATURE'...fits you and your mental capacities to a 'T'~~~

Hexes & Curses - Page 2 Iamatr11

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:53 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
Didge wrote:

As soon as I've handed your BULLYING ATTITUDED back to you in your ass-hat...I'd hoped that you'd show some back bone and clarify/edit/delete your heinous blunder in this post --- but as per your usual; you lay a huge putrid rotting egg of lies and misinformation around this community and never correct or OWN YOUR ERRORS/FLAT OUT LIES!  
You are your own worst enemy and as with all of the true ADULTS --- subjected to nothing but mire tolerance for that ignorance!

Health care transparency has been a topic of great debate. In a country where most of price-setting for other products is influenced by consumers, many experts said when it came to health care, U.S. consumers had no power. This, they said, was because they lacked fundamental knowledge necessary in a free-market economy -- the cost of the services for which they were paying.

The reasons for this are many. Few people understand the complexities of health care reimbursement, because how hospitals establish what patients are charged is only abstractly related to actual cost. Hospitals record supplies and services rendered during a hospital stay, and charge according to a fee schedule, or "chargemaster." But these amounts rarely reflect what hospitals actually receive as payment. Medicare and Medicaid payments are set by the government, while third-payer insurance prices are negotiated yearly for significantly reduced rates.

"There is no standard in the United States for reasonable prices or reference pricing," said lead study author Dr. Renee Hsia, associate professor of emergency medicine at the University of California at San Francisco, and a long-time friend of Hong's. "If you go to a hospital, they can charge you whatever they want. Negotiated rates are trade secrets," she said.

When Hsia found out about Hong's hospital bill, it inspired her to take a closer look at the differences in costs that various hospitals charge for the same procedures.

"I see these issues every day," she said. "Regardless of what they are coming in for, the bill is going to be huge. Even if we can take care of them physically, financially, it could be devastating."  

And devastating it is for millions of Americans. In a 2007 study by Harvard Medical School and Ohio University researchers, 62.1 percent of bankruptcies were medically related. Most of these happened to well-educated Americans who owned their homes and were in middle-class occupations. Not all these families were struck by devastating cancer or incurable disease. Hsia's findings suggested that it was possible that even a routine procedure could produce a bill in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

"No one is protected," Hsia said. "Even with insurance, it is a crazy and secret system" Others working in the field suggested there was no simple solution.

"Consumer empowerment can only occur if prospective patients actually have easy access to user-friendly, reliable information," Princeton economist Uwe Reinhardt explained in his 2006 article, "The Pricing of U.S. Hospital Services: Chaos Behind a Veil of Secrecy."
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/medical-costs-vary-wildly-hospital-hospital-study/story?id=16196700

And that's twice you've been Hexes & Curses - Page 2 2581891615  
WRONG ABOUT THE ACA ISSUE
WRONG ABOUT COST FOR MEDICAL PROCEDURES AND TESTING COST ALL ACROSS AMERICA!!!  
You've been served - yet again and always you utter worthless drag on society and I'll put on permanent ignore so I won't be subject to any more or you utter BS and lying methods of trying to stay at the adult table and converse.  

You and Raggs enjoy yourselves at the KIDDIE TABLE!  

Listen dear, if you want to ignore someone it's best not to keep mentioning them - don't you think? As I said, your MO is very familiar - dropping names into posts in a nasty way, and then pretending to be a "victim".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum