NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hexes & Curses

+5
Syl
Victorismyhero
stardesk
Major
Raggamuffin
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hexes & Curses Empty Hexes & Curses

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:13 pm

What Is A Hex or Curse

The word "hex" originates from Pennsylvania Dutch. It was the equivalent of the German verb hexen, "to practice sorcery." The English verb hex, first recorded in the sense "to practice witchcraft" in an 1830 work called Annals of Philadelphia. It is also found from Middle High German hecse and from Old High German hagzissa. By definition today, hex is an evil spell designed to cause harm to someone.

"Curse" has uncertain origins. Some sources point to Old English and the word curs "a prayer that evil or harm befall one". Some cite the Old French 'curuz' meaning anger, or Latin 'cursus' meaning course. There are no similar words in Germanic, Romance or Celtic languages. The earliest use of of the word as the verb meaning to "swear profanely" comes from 1230. As the word is used today, it's more likely to have come from the Old English usage.

Many scholars view Hex as the action, and Curse as the result of that action. He hexed the woman at the store, now she is cursed for life.

In today's world of Witchcraft, a hex is nothing more than a spell designed to cause negative manipulation to a person or group of people. Lighting a candle and saying a prayer to "God" to curse someone isn't the kind of hex we're talking about here. And many would argue that's not a hex at all, but rather a request to a divine being to help the petitioner smite someone for an unjust deed. Doesn't mean God is going to do that for them. Therefore it's not really a hex.

A hex is like any other spell. It has a component for setting it's intent, a statement of consequence and often the reason behind the hex. It includes calling upon some force or forces to help with the smiting and sometimes it can create a special method of delivery, such as through a demon, a talisman, or even a familiar (an animal spirit who carries the negative energy to the intended victim).

The Ethics of Hexing

Many traditions hold a value within their creed of faith that firmly states magik is not to be used for ill against others. Wicca is an example of one of these traditions. But not all traditions hold the "An in it, Harm none" rule. Other traditions believe any form of manipulation of another, whither good intended or negatively desired, should not be attempted by it's practioners. And still, there are other traditions that believe hexing is up to an individual and they need to understand the consequences of their actions for doing so. Accepting the accountability for the hex, as well as the resulting karma.

The bottom line simply requires anyone conducting a spell of manipulation will be accountable for their actions. Whither the spell was meant to hex, or heal, in either case a practitioner is using energy to manipulate the will of another. If the intended recipient is aware and accepting of the intended manipulation (such as for a healing), the accountability is less likely to be negative. But if the intended person is not aware of the energy being sent their way, even a well intended healing spell can be seen as negative manipulation.

Take for example the woman with cancer who is facing her last days on earth. A well intended relative casts a spell for healing for the dying woman. A spell designed to help the woman regain her strength and continue to fight the cancer that is ravaging her body. This well intended healing spell can actually cause more harm than good, especially if the cancerous woman didn't ask for it. It may cause her to suffer in pain for days or weeks longer than she would have, had she simply been allowed to let go and cross over into death. It may impact the family watching her suffer and slip away, by causing them additional anxiety and sorrow as they watch their relative waste away. Each practioner of magik must take all consequences into consideration before they cast any spell. Even those with good intentions. But especially those with negative hexing intentions.

Protection Against Hexes

I can't tell you how many people write to me asking for help because their family has been hexed and cursed. Or how many individuals have explained their one time friend has started hexing them and their life is in shambles.

There are 2 very important things to remember about hexes.

Just because you are having a sting of bad luck doesn't mean you've been hexed by someone. Everyone goes through trials and tribulations and they are not easy for anyone. But more often than not, they of our own making and from our own choices. We can't go back and change the things we went through. But we can learn from them and heal ourselves in the process. Blaming others for our own choices is not going to get you anywhere.

It's more likely than not, that your current experiences are coming from your own worry. Just by thinking someone has cast a spell on you, you are giving that person your energy and creating anxiety for negative events even if nothing has been done to you. I strongly suggest those who believe they have been cursed, read the articles listed in the next section.

The second thing to remember about hexes is that they cannot work unless you allow them to. So if you are absolutely sure that someone has attempted to curse you, what do you need to know?

First someone who threatens you with a hex very likely hasn't got a clue nor do they have the experience to cast such a spell upon you and produce enough energy to have any real affect. Those that have the knowledge, won't tell you they're going to smite you.

http://www.paganspath.com/magik/hex.htm

I've been doing a little reading up about paganism following the recent threats being mentioned on the Forum.  It really wasn't what I thought paganism was about Hexes & Curses Confus10  However, I don't think you have a lot to worry about Stormee judging by the above.

I always thought that paganism was about living at one with nature and the earth, not casting evils spells and curses?  Live and let live as long as it doesn't harm another? How is "harm" defined? Insinuating someone is a liar, does that warrant a pagan curse???!!

Hexes & Curses Smiley10

What do Pagans believe in?

Although Paganism covers a wide spectrum of ideas, these elements sum up the beliefs of the majority.

Nature

The recognition of the divine in nature is at the heart of Pagan belief. Pagans are deeply aware of the natural world and see the power of the divine in the ongoing cycle of life and death. Most Pagans are eco-friendly, seeking to live in a way that minimises harm to the natural environment.

Concepts of the divine

Pagans worship the divine in many different forms, through feminine as well as masculine imagery and also as without gender. The most important and widely recognised of these are the God and Goddess (or pantheons of God and Goddesses) whose annual cycle of procreation, giving birth and dying defines the Pagan year. Paganism strongly emphasises equality of the sexes. Women play a prominent role in the modern Pagan movement, and Goddess worship features in most Pagan ceremonies.

Pagan theology

Paganism is not based on doctrine or liturgy. Many pagans believe 'if it harms none, do what you will'. Following this code, Pagan theology is based primarily on experience, with the aim of Pagan ritual being to make contact with the divine in the world that surrounds them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/paganism/beliefs/beliefs.shtml

Back to top Go down

Hexes & Curses Empty Re: Hexes & Curses

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Hexes & Curses 1191311443

lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Hexes & Curses 1191311443

lol!

Pagans who believe in hexing are aerosolz who need to seek medical help.

Has that hex kicked in yet Stormee? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Quoting Stromee:
'Pagans who believe in hexing are aerosolz who need to seek medical help.'

Lol, I can't resist to include in that statement people who eat a biscuit and drink wine in a church, which is tantamount to imitating cannibalism. ie: the flesh and blood of Christ.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Hexes & Curses 1191311443

lol!

I summon the elements
I invoke them
I conjure them to do my bidding
The four watchtowers shall lay their eyes and minds
there shall be fear and guilt and bad blood
there shall be submission and no pity
I point the threefold law against thee
against thee it shall be pointed
threefold, a hundred fold is the cost for my anger and pain
Thee shall be blinded by the fear
blinded by the pain
blinded by me
binded by me
Cursed by me
So mote it be!

Hexes & Curses <a href=Hexes & Curses 226-3810" />

This curse shall be laid upon the victim while burning am image of the
victim (wax sigil, photograph, drawing, anything) in the flame

MwAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:20 pm

stardesk wrote:Quoting Stromee:

Lol, I can't resist to include in that statement people who eat a biscuit and drink wine in a church, which is tantamount to imitating cannibalism. ie: the flesh and blood of Christ.

Interfering again I see.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Interfering again I see.

Do pipe down love, you seem to have a beeline for Stardesk, just because he is upfront about his views.
If you do not like his views, then its you that is the problem, not stardesk

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Predictable ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Predictable ...

You picking on Stardesk? Yes we all know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Hello my Gorgeous East Anglian Buddy Hexes & Curses 1589716573  hope you are well and Wifey is recovering with that HWB xxx

I'm not religious at all.  In a way I kind of wish I were, I know it's a strange thing to say.  Religion should be a positive thing, not a negative to be interpreted to allow people to hurt, kill or cast evil spells.  My late Grandmother lived her life giving, loving and selflessly.  She lived in a small village and was devoted to her family and community.  She had true "Christian" values.

Times change, sometimes I wish I could go back to a simpler way of life I love you x

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:06 pm

Didge, I now ignore such childish ignorant comments from Rags and others. If you answer in like-kind it just promotes more silly and ignorant comments.

FTL! Hi my gorgeous lady, how are you and the family? Papworth decided after several days of investigation to send the wife home with a bag full of medication and no forthcoming operation. Time and tablets will tell.

I've said before that we don't need religion to be kind and considerate to others, for being like that usually brings the same to yourself.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:25 pm

stardesk wrote:Didge, I now ignore such childish ignorant comments from Rags and others. If you answer in like-kind it just promotes more silly and ignorant comments.

FTL! Hi my gorgeous lady, how are you and the family? Papworth decided after several days of investigation to send the wife home with a bag full of medication and no forthcoming operation. Time and tablets will tell.

I've said before that we don't need religion to be kind and considerate to others, for being like that usually brings the same to yourself.

You didn't ignore my comment though did you? It was you being childish by starting your anti-Christianity crap in a thread about paganism and curses. Do you ever give it a rest?

It's not hurting you if people want to take Holy Communion, but you just had to make a nasty comment about them. If anyone should seek medical help, it's you.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Stormee wrote:Can we get back onto the bulls** topic please

Apparently not since Stardesk is starting his own bullshit in this thread too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:47 pm

feelthelove wrote:

Hello my Gorgeous East Anglian Buddy Hexes & Curses 1589716573  hope you are well and Wifey is recovering with that HWB xxx

I'm not religious at all.  In a way I kind of wish I were, I know it's a strange thing to say.  Religion should be a positive thing, not a negative to be interpreted to allow people to hurt, kill or cast evil spells.  My late Grandmother lived her life giving, loving and selflessly.  She lived in a small village and was devoted to her family and community.  She had true "Christian" values.

Times change, sometimes I wish I could go back to a simpler way of life  I love you x

Holy Communion is a positive thing for many of those who are Christians. It doesn't hurt anyone else, but some people are so judgemental about it just because they're bigots and they can't bear people to have religious faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Times change, sometimes I wish I could go back to a simpler way of life  I love you x

Holy Communion is a positive thing for many of those who are Christians. It doesn't hurt anyone else, but some people are so judgemental about it just because they're bigots and they can't bear people to have religious faith.  

I'm a live and let live kind of girl Raggs Hexes & Curses Thumbs12

Back to top Go down

Post by stardesk Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Morning gorgeous, how are you?

Raggy doesn't like anyone criticizing religion, even if it means showing and proving some of it is based on false information. I think those who believe the Bible in its entirety are lacking in self esteem and the courage to stand on their own two feet, and take control of their lives. Instead they rely on their God to help them and if he doesn't then it's their own fault, perhaps they did something bad or wrong.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:08 pm

stardesk wrote:Morning gorgeous, how are you?

Raggy doesn't like anyone criticizing religion, even if it means showing and proving some of it is based on false information. I think those who believe the Bible in its entirety are lacking in self esteem and the courage to stand on their own two feet, and take control of their lives. Instead they rely on their God to help them and if he doesn't then it's their own fault, perhaps they did something bad or wrong.

My post was nothing to do with the Bible. What I object to is your patronising attitude that people who enjoy Holy Communion need "medical help". Have you actually read some of your own posts? If anyone's away with the fairies, it's you.

Even if you're right, it's not actually your business is it? Have you taken it upon yourself to force people to "stand on their own two feet"? Perhaps you could start with yourself since you seem to rely on getting support and encouragement for your own ideas on here, and you seem totally unable to think for yourself without asking others for their opinion.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:11 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Stormee wrote:

I summon the elements
I invoke them
I conjure them to do my bidding
The four watchtowers shall lay their eyes and minds
there shall be fear and guilt and bad blood
there shall be submission and no pity
I point the threefold law against thee
against thee it shall be pointed
threefold, a hundred fold is the cost for my anger and pain
Thee shall be blinded by the fear
blinded by the pain
blinded by me
binded by me
Cursed by me
So mote it be!

Hexes & Curses <a href=Hexes & Curses 226-3810" />

This curse shall be laid upon the victim while burning am image of the
victim (wax sigil, photograph, drawing, anything) in the flame

MwAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's a curse KD, rarely used, a hex is quite different and is there to make the person change their ways.  Good job I had the best teacher lol   It also has part that automatically lifts it if the hexed do the changes.   It doesn't involved wishing pain or ill in any way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Oh no Stormee, I can see it's working Smile

Just one more thing and you will be free of it.   And you know what that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:49 pm

That's ok Stormee, you keep telling yourself that if it helps, on the other hand, I can see how it's working.   Now, all you have to do to lift it is apologise for insinuating that I was lying about my daughter's death.  After all, as people have told you I was telling the truth, that would not only be the gentlemanly thing to do (and you keep on about how much of a gentleman you are) but also the moral thing to do.  Do you think the pain of finding your child dead ever goes, and do you think anyone who has gone through that would forgive the person who derided it?   If you wish, to save face, you can do it by pm.  But be assured, it will stay until you do.   Your fate is in your own hands, as it always was and always will be, it just depends which fate you chose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:52 pm

I find it quite strange that nobody has really challenged Sassy on her claim that she can influence someone's thoughts or change their behaviour via some kind of weird "hex".

I guess that's because they know that she knows she's talking shite. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:54 pm

Hexes & Curses 202592697
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Hexes & Curses 202592697

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Never had a need to Stormee, what you said will never be forgiven unless you apologise.  As I said, you can do it by pm if you wish to save face.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:40 pm

So you obviously haven't had a decent night's sleep lol.  As for FTL's post, use it with the greatest of pleasure, as it was written by someone who has no idea what she is talking about, it will make no difference, ask Victor, he does know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I find it quite strange that nobody has really challenged Sassy on her claim that she can influence someone's thoughts or change their behaviour via some kind of weird "hex".

ALL, Im going to say for now is .....Luke 6:42

Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I find it quite strange that nobody has really challenged Sassy on her claim that she can influence someone's thoughts or change their behaviour via some kind of weird "hex".

ALL, Im going to say for now is .....Luke 6:42

Laughing

When have I said anything similar to what Sassy said? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:45 pm

I think it's best if people don't talk too much about deeply personal stuff on forums tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:47 pm

No Stormee you don't do you.  You know what you are done and it is eating away at you.   And your post is desperation to save face.  It isn't face you need to save.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:51 pm

well ragga..you beleive...I understand.... in that rather OCD old man in the sky dont you??...just sayin like.... Razz
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Lord Foul wrote:well ragga..you beleive...I understand.... in that rather OCD old man in the sky dont you??...just sayin like.... Razz

And there's a lot of mockery on here re people who believe in God. Where is the mockery for the likes of Sassy who believe that they can put a "hex" on someone? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Dunno Rags, can't say it would worry me, mind control has been tested and proven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:well ragga..you beleive...I understand.... in that rather OCD old man in the sky dont you??...just sayin like.... Razz

And there's a lot of mockery on here re people who believe in God. Where is the mockery for the likes of Sassy who believe that they can put a "hex" on someone? Laughing

I think you just supplied it???

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:00 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think you just supplied it???

Well someone had to. We need more balance on this forum. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Give you that one lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:10 pm

I know why you keep saying it Stormee, don't I?  Smile

You're beginning to sound quite desperate now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:22 pm

Ooooh, this thread is more interesting than I bargained for, I have only just clicked on it. Shocked

I don't really undesrtand it, I don't believe in hexes and I'm not  religious either, but each to their own.

I do believe in good though, and in the belief that if we are kind it makes us better people to be and to be around.
I saw what Stormee said the other night and it made me sad tbh, and he knows this.

Most of us on  forums  can be  unreasonable sometimes...say daft even nasty things to  others at times, but I have never seen Stormee be cruel before .....not in 8 years.

As for not divulging too much on forums....that's probably wise, but I have done this, I have been helped too, because sometimes strangers who are not personally involved can give good advice.....the other side is you leave yourself open for negative remarks.

I will go now and say no more,silent  but I had to say my bit. (as usual)

Last edited by Syl on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:25 pm

Oh dear, real desperation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:32 pm

pan...demonic???

seriously??

since when?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pan
God of Nature, the Wild, Shepherds, Flocks, Goats, of Mountain Wilds, and is often associated with sexuality

In Greek religion and mythology, Pan (/ˈpæn/;[1] Ancient Greek: Πάν, Pan) is the god of the wild, shepherds and flocks, nature of mountain wilds and rustic music, and companion of the nymphs.[2] His name originates within the Ancient Greek language, from the word paein (πάειν),[citation needed] meaning "to pasture."[3] He has the hindquarters, legs, and horns of a goat, in the same manner as a faun or satyr. With his homeland in rustic Arcadia, he is also recognized as the god of fields, groves, and wooded glens; because of this, Pan is connected to fertility and the season of spring. The ancient Greeks also considered Pan to be the god of theatrical criticism.[4]

In Roman religion and myth, Pan's counterpart was Faunus, a nature god who was the father of Bona Dea, sometimes identified as Fauna; he was also closely associated with Sylvanus, due to their similar relationships with woodlands. In the 18th and 19th centuries, Pan became a significant figure in the Romantic movement of western Europe and also in the 20th-century Neopagan movement.[5]
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Lord Foul wrote:pan...demonic???

seriously??

since when?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pan
God of Nature, the Wild, Shepherds, Flocks, Goats, of Mountain Wilds, and is often associated with sexuality

In Greek religion and mythology, Pan (/ˈpæn/;[1] Ancient Greek: Πάν, Pan) is the god of the wild, shepherds and flocks, nature of mountain wilds and rustic music, and companion of the nymphs.[2] His name originates within the Ancient Greek language, from the word paein (πάειν),[citation needed] meaning "to pasture."[3] He has the hindquarters, legs, and horns of a goat, in the same manner as a faun or satyr. With his homeland in rustic Arcadia, he is also recognized as the god of fields, groves, and wooded glens; because of this, Pan is connected to fertility and the season of spring. The ancient Greeks also considered Pan to be the god of theatrical criticism.[4]

In Roman religion and myth, Pan's counterpart was Faunus, a nature god who was the father of Bona Dea, sometimes identified as Fauna; he was also closely associated with Sylvanus, due to their similar relationships with woodlands. In the 18th and 19th centuries, Pan became a significant figure in the Romantic movement of western Europe and also in the 20th-century Neopagan movement.[5]

Perhaps Stormee's statuette has lost it's hoof because of the things Stormee has lost?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum