NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harper Lee

3 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Harper Lee Empty Re: Harper Lee

Post by Syl Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:59 pm

I loved the film, never read the book though, nor the one that was published recently.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eddie Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:41 pm

To kill a Mocking Bird was one of the best books I've ever read and the film was brilliant.

She had a good innings.
Love her name too!

Rest in peace old girl and thanks for the book (got me an A in an English lit exam)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:44 pm

eddie wrote:To kill a Mocking Bird was one of the best books I've ever read and the film was brilliant.

She had a good innings.
Love her name too!

Rest in peace old girl and thanks for the book (got me an A in an English lit exam)

What a wonderful book to do you english lit in.  Haven't got round to reading the one whe was persuaded to publish, I'm not really sure that I want to.  Letting eldest daughter read it first and tell me if it's worth it or it spoils the original.  Gregory Peck was fantastic in the film.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:51 pm

I picked her "new" book up a few times when in Waterstones with my mum. We have both ummed and arred about getting it.
Think I will now.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Let me know what you think.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:59 pm

sassy wrote:Let me know what you think.

I will....but you may have to wait till about 2018 cos I've got a shit load of books stacked by my bed waiting to be finished or read Neutral
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:02 pm

You too eh?   I have so many books that I really don't want to give up, most will have to go into storage if we move in with Dad in June, I'll be lost without them all around me.  Told him I have to have my art stuff, and there is a lot of that.  We are so happy here, it will be a wrench, but he can't manage by himself anymore and he'd hate to go into a home.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:08 pm

Well you're making a worthwhile sacrifice X

I donated loads of books to charity shops when we moved last year. I kept all my old English lit books and plays that I studied at college etc and a few of my favourite novels.
I keep adding to my pile and I also have a bookcase in my hall full of different books. My mum treats it like her special library and literally borrows a few and then brings them back four weeks later lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:15 pm

I've got six bookcases floor to ceiling, and I got rid of thrillers etc when we moved last year.  Ah well, as you say, in a good cause, he's always stood by me every step of the way, even when I have messed up big time, and it broke my heart when my Mum had to go in a home because of dementia, he's still got all his marbles and then some, so I'm not going to let it happen to him.   He just needs us to be with him and give him a hand, although I expect he will need more than that soon.  Told him we have to get the internet on though lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:34 pm

It's a nice thing, and the right thing, to do. Truly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:36 pm

Thanks Eds, I know I could not be happy if I didn't do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:41 pm

sassy wrote:Thanks Eds, I know I could not be happy if I didn't do it.

Nope, you wouldn't.
I'll be having my mum with us when the time comes.
She drives me nuts sometimes but I wouldn't have it any other way.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:41 pm

Ditto!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down