NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are You Being Served? Set For TV Comeback

3 posters

Go down

Are You Being Served? Set For TV Comeback Empty Are You Being Served? Set For TV Comeback

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:32 pm

The return of the iconic sitcom, set to be broadcast later this year, is to be filmed in front of a studio audience.
Are You Being Served? Set For TV Comeback 15092710
One of Britain's best-loved sitcoms of the 70s and 80s is set for a comeback.
Are You Being Served? is poised to return to TV screens later this year with an all-star cast.
The programme, which is set to be broadcast on BBC One, is to be filmed in front of a studio audience on 5 March, the corporation said.
The show, written by Jeremy Lloyd and David Croft, ran for 69 episodes over 10 series from 1972-1985 and featured Mollie Sugden, John Inman, Frank Thornton and Wendy Richard among others.
Well-loved characters included Mrs Slocombe, Mr Humphries, Captain Peacock and Miss Brahms.
The sitcom followed the misadventures and mishaps of staff in the ladies' and gentlemen's clothing departments of a fictional London store called Grace Brothers.
The BBC said: "Picking up where Jeremy Lloyd and David Croft's much loved comedy left off, the show will bring Grace Brothers and some of the nation's all-time favourite sitcom characters including Mrs Slocombe, Captain Peacock, Miss Brahms, and Mr Humphries back to life with an all-star cast."
It will be a one-off episode alongside reboots of Porridge, The Good Life, Up Pompeii! and Keeping Up Appearances as part of a landmark comedy season, the website Chortle reported.
It will mark 60 years since Hancock's Half Hour first made the transition from radio to TV.
http://news.sky.com/story/1642597/are-you-being-served-set-for-tv-comeback

Back to top Go down

Are You Being Served? Set For TV Comeback Empty Re: Are You Being Served? Set For TV Comeback

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:37 pm

Will have to watch that!   They did a good job with new Dad's Army film.  I was a bit wary, as John Laurie (We're Doomed I tell you, Doomed) used to come and work with our productions at college when he had time and he was amazing.  Could tell a ghost story on a bright sunny day and send a shiver up your spine.

Back to top Go down

Are You Being Served? Set For TV Comeback Empty Re: Are You Being Served? Set For TV Comeback

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:30 pm

Ahhhh, my mom would have so enjoyed this; we watched all of the re-runs and ended up ordering some CD packs because she hated those commercial interruptions so badly!

We watched so many of the BBC comedy programs and she & dad used to send us kids to bed right before 'Benny Hill' came on; I never knew why until I was in college and some one had some VCR tapes of the show...Suspect

Yipper, dear ole' Benny was pretty risqué for our mid-west naiveté type of up bringing!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:24 am

Benny Hill was great till the PC idiots took over.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:43 pm

I did like Are you being served. Who wouldn't like it really?

"You've all done very well!"

"Thank you Mr Grace."

Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down