NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of you who are biggoted against Islam, let a Lady Vicar really explain it to you

2 posters

Go down

For those of you who are biggoted against Islam, let a Lady Vicar really explain it to you Empty Re: For those of you who are biggoted against Islam, let a Lady Vicar really explain it to you

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:50 am

[quote="sassy"][youtube]g2PfhWY3l4c[/youtube][/quote]

I've searched and searched on You Tube for the Islamic equivalent for her, and damn if I can't find a Mullah returning the compliment! For those of you who are biggoted against Islam, let a Lady Vicar really explain it to you 3852033631
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

For those of you who are biggoted against Islam, let a Lady Vicar really explain it to you Empty Re: For those of you who are biggoted against Islam, let a Lady Vicar really explain it to you

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:07 am

Biggest load of drivel ever and fails to speak on what is more relevant, and that being anti-Muslim bigotry, as that fundamentally effects people. She spoke about Terry Jones and how both Christianity and Islam taught a message of peace and love. What she omitted from this, is that this love and peace only benefits the believers and not the non-believers. So both religions teach a selective peace and love. Her view to protect Islam from criticism is simply wrong, as we can challenge any belief and have done so throughout many centuries to obtain equality and progression. So whilst she is right to condemn Terry Jones, of which I back her stance on, her message was trying to censure and deny the right for people to be critical of a belief. When she should have centered on Muslims as people, to be treated equally as one with society.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:29 am

I gave you the green on that one, Didge. I really liked this part of what you said (emphasis mine):

Her view to protect Islam from criticism is simply wrong, as we can challenge any belief and have done so throughout many centuries to obtain equality and progression. So whilst she is right to condemn Terry Jones, of which I back her stance on, her message was trying to censure and deny the right for people to be critical of a belief. When she should have centered on Muslims as people, to be treated equally as one with society.

I have been trying to articulate that exact sentiment here. People keep thinking I have some (very strange) love for Islam the Belief System, while I'm only trying to take up for the rights of peaceful people regardless of whatever they believe about deities.

What's so hard about taking people as individuals and judging them by what they do and say? The vast majority of people on this planet were raised in religious beliefs of some kind, and there are tons of intelligent, kind people who are believers in one faith or another.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:58 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I gave you the green on that one, Didge. I really liked this part of what you said (emphasis mine):

Her view to protect Islam from criticism is simply wrong, as we can challenge any belief and have done so throughout many centuries to obtain equality and progression. So whilst she is right to condemn Terry Jones, of which I back her stance on, her message was trying to censure and deny the right for people to be critical of a belief. When she should have centered on Muslims as people, to be treated equally as one with society.

I have been trying to articulate that exact sentiment here. People keep thinking I have some (very strange) love for Islam the Belief System, while I'm only trying to take up for the rights of peaceful people regardless of whatever they believe about deities.

What's so hard about taking people as individuals and judging them by what they do and say? The vast majority of people on this planet were raised in religious beliefs of some kind, and there are tons of intelligent, kind people who are believers in one faith or another.

Why do you think what you are said there is the same as the quote you put from Didge.  It's the exact opposite.  Her message was clear, take people as individuals and realise that there were Muslims who died in the Trade Centre and Muslims who were heroes there and well.  She also put the Koran and the Bible in context for the age and compared their messages.  Didge, from his final sentence in your quote, obviously didn't event listen to the end, or he would have realised that.  He said she should have centred on Muslims as people.  That's exactly what she did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:20 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I gave you the green on that one, Didge. I really liked this part of what you said (emphasis mine):

Indeed, and another problem is how religions have and still do have sought through laws to criminalize criticism of their faiths. It still happens in Muslim majority countries. This is a huge problem This is a problem not only with a literal belief system, but one that also proclaims to have been the last message given. Now in the west on the other hand Muslim officials have been proposing countless measures  and to even continue to pressure the UN to ratify making criticism of Islam as part of there defamation of religious resolution. This just further provides ammunition to those of the far right. So Muslims need to fundamentally understand in this day and age anyone can be critical of beliefs. If they did this, the far Right lose their most powerful propaganda weapon. The Quran deemed to be literally the word of Allah. So Muslims by their beliefs are further creating problems, where they have no right to as they have tried to make criticism of Isalm  part of the defamation of religion resolution

So there is a two edged sword here, being fueled by the Far Right and Muslims and hence a separation between Islamophobia and anti-Muslim bigotry is required. So acts like this by the Muslim authorities do no favours to the vast majority of Muslims on this and denies them being individual. As by such actions and claims, both the Muslim authorities and the Far Right are classifying them as a group.

Again though Muslims, just like anyone else no matter their beliefs should be treated equally within the law

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:34 am

sassy wrote:

Why do you think what you are said there is the same as the quote you put from Didge.  It's the exact opposite.  Her message was clear, take people as individuals and realise that there were Muslims who died in the Trade Centre and Muslims who were heroes there and well.  She also put the Koran and the Bible in context for the age and compared their messages.  Didge, from his final sentence in your quote, obviously didn't event listen to the end, or he would have realised that.  He said she should have centred on Muslims as people.  That's exactly what she did.

She was dishonest though in who the love and peace is taught and directed at in both Christianity and Islam.
To only the believers themselves. That the deity is insecure, bitter, vengeful, hateful. That the love is only conditional through belief and love from the individual. Now what she should have spoken in regards to is where Muslims are discriminated against  due to the belief system, the Quran, Muhammad, Allah etc. Now her faith automatically renders and would claim Islam to be wrong, because she is a Christian. So in order for her to simply believe, it cannot allow for accepting religiously Islam as the word of God. All she did was go off ground zero, hate of Islam, criticism of Islam, Terry Jones, but not how to actually combat the problems by stating herself that criticism of any belief is not a crime or to be viewed as wrong. She instead was defending the religion from criticism. So she failed at the first hurdle, as to tackle problems like anti-Muslim hatred. You need to understand what is classed as anti-Muslim hatred. And criticism of Islam is not anti-Muslim hatred. So she is backing a view to invent 1.5 billion victims through just criticism of Islam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down