NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corbyn does a Blair

3 posters

Go down

Corbyn does a Blair Empty Corbyn does a Blair

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:45 pm

Jeremy Corbyn Attends Hillsborough Inquest

The Labour leader says he was supporting the families of the 96 victims as a coroner continues summing up the evidence.

12:59, UK, Friday 12 February 2016

Jeremy Corbyn has attended the Hillsborough inquest, where Coroner Sir John Goldring is continuing to sum up the evidence.

The Labour leader arrived at the coroner's court in Warrington with Liverpool MP Steve Rotheram and shadow home secretary Andy Burnham.

During a break in the hearings he spoke to families of some of the fans who died in the crush at the stadium in 1989.

Mr Corbyn said his visit to the hearing had nothing to do with party politics.

As he left, he said: "I've come to observe, I've come to meet the families and I think that's a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

"It's an act of interest, an act of support for the families and recognition of the trauma they've been through, for the dreadful events that happened at Hillsborough."

Mr Corbyn also paid tribute to local MPs and campaigners for helping the families to fight for new inquests, quashing the verdicts of accidental death in the original inquests held in 1991.

exactly what Blair did with the hilsborough hungerford shootings...
seem like more of the same...playing to popularist sentiment and hijacking a tradgedy for personal political gain..
and EVERYTHING to do with party politics.....despite his denials

cynical and yet another labour "spin merchant"

Last edited by Lord Foul on Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Corbyn does a Blair Empty Re: Corbyn does a Blair

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:12 pm

What a load of twisted bollocks.  Andy Burnham has been one of the people helping the families to obtain a hearing

and

"A political act, no. It's an act of interest, it's an act of support for the families and recognition of the trauma they have been through for the dreadful events that happened in Hillsborough."

Mr Corbyn said he had met some Hillsborough families before at Parliament and he was asked to come to the inquest and he agreed.

He added: "I think I should also say that members of Parliament for the area, Andy Burnham, Steve Rotheram, Derek Twigg, Maria Eagle and others have worked very hard to help bring about this process, and that is what also is very important, this process is a result of a lot of campaigning, a lot of sustained demands for justice by the people of Liverpool and the families of the 96 and I think we should always remember that."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3444200/Jeremy-Corbyn-Andy-Burnham-visit-Hillsborough-inquests.html#ixzz3zzDjTBRr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Just like he has been round dozens of other places supporting people in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:16 pm

and, having been asked, he should have had the nous to realise that it was politically inappropriate, and refused...

it is out of order that a politically influential figure should turn up at this stage in a proceeding of law....

I mean whats he REALLY doing??

we know the judiciary are politically controled...despite protestations otherwise....Is he there reminding the people there who may be their next "boss"??

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:18 pm

Don't be ridiculous, if it wasn't for Andy Burnham and Co the inquest would never have happened.  He was there for support because they wanted him there, end of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:24 pm

sure sassy sure...St Jeremy cant do any wrong...we understand.... Rolling Eyes

of course It WONT have any influence on politics in the area will it....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:29 pm

What shootings?

I don't know what more can be said about the Hillsborough disaster really. Can't believe it's been nearly 27 years since it happened.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What shootings?

I don't know what more can be said about the Hillsborough disaster really. Can't believe it's been nearly 27 years since it happened.

Tont Blair cynically used the shootings at hungerford to boost his election chances...and it worked....

my typo ragga Embarassed
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What shootings?

Tont Blair cynically used the shootings at hungerford to boost his election chances...and it worked....

my typo ragga Embarassed

Oh right - no problem.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down