NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LBC Radio Caller Embroiled In Debate With Petrie Hoskin Over Polygamous Marriage

Go down

LBC Radio Caller Embroiled In Debate With Petrie Hoskin Over Polygamous Marriage Empty LBC Radio Caller Embroiled In Debate With Petrie Hoskin Over Polygamous Marriage

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:19 pm

LBC presenter Petrie Hoskin found herself in a fiery debate with a caller on Sunday who was trying to justify polygamous marriage. 'Abdul' phoned the radio show to share his views on the topic but his choice of words did little to help his cause. He said: "Instead of divorcing the woman and letting her get on with her life, you continue to maintain the woman but also you know, you're maybe able to continue to have children with another woman so there's another option for the man to continue maintenance." A visibly-riled Hoskins interrupted to say his comments were causing her to "bite my bottom lip to not to be rude".

"You use words like 'you can maintain a woman'.."
Abdul then stepped it up a notch: "Calm down dear. Let me explain to you in a very calm way and don't lose your nerves."
Hokins was having none of it. She said: "I would never lose my nerves Abdul, you want to try and take on a woman.

"Can I just say one more thing, please don't be patronising because that will get my back up quicker than anything else you can ever imagine. Let's have a conversation where you're not saying 'calm down dear'."

Abdul then used the Quran in an attempt to justify his views suggesting polygamy can actually prevent adultery.

He ended with a question: "If my wife could no longer have children, would you rather that I cut ties with her and go off with another woman? What would you do?"

Hoskins replied: "No, I'd rather you behave like a grown-up man and didn't treat a woman like a baby factory."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/25/lbc-radio-caller-embroile_n_9067534.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

lol!

Video on link

This is why religion is so regressive to treating people with any respect

Back to top Go down

LBC Radio Caller Embroiled In Debate With Petrie Hoskin Over Polygamous Marriage Empty Re: LBC Radio Caller Embroiled In Debate With Petrie Hoskin Over Polygamous Marriage

Post by eddie Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:46 pm

Yes but again, it's a call-in radio show and it's for people to give opinions.
So she didn't like his options?? Suck it up! It's what you're there for love.
He said "calm down dear" and she asked him to behave like "a grown up man"

Tit for tat, nothing to see here.

As for his views....well, it should be ok for a woman, then, to have other husbands!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

LBC Radio Caller Embroiled In Debate With Petrie Hoskin Over Polygamous Marriage Empty Re: LBC Radio Caller Embroiled In Debate With Petrie Hoskin Over Polygamous Marriage

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:50 pm

eddie wrote:Yes but again, it's a call-in radio show and it's for people to give opinions.
So she didn't like his options?? Suck it up! It's what you're there for love.
He said "calm down dear" and she asked him to behave like "a grown up man"

Tit for tat, nothing to see here.

As for his views....well, it should be ok for a woman, then, to have other husbands!

Yes but there is such a thing as not to put the host on the wrong foot by being condescending Eddie and rightly she has every right to classify him as a condescending sexist prick, it works both ways, so he has to suck it up also that people will dislike backward opinions as well
So tit for tat, you propose backward opinions, do not expect people to think highly of your views, especially when they are born not from reason but a fairy tale

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:03 pm

Didn't say I proposed backward options.
The last part was tongue in cheek actually
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:07 pm

eddie wrote:Didn't say I proposed backward options.
The last part was tongue in cheek actually

I never said you did Eddie lol
Maybe you confused where I said

So tit for tat, you propose backward opinions, do not expect people to think highly of your views, especially when they are born not from reason but a fairy tale

By you I did not mean you as in you per say but a person who makes that view, sorry if that did not come across right

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down