NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish drivers among Britain’s safest

2 posters

Go down

Scottish drivers among Britain’s safest Empty Scottish drivers among Britain’s safest

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:11 pm

[img]Scottish drivers among Britain’s safest 16041210[/img]

The north/South divide is frequently documented in many aspects of British life.

However new research has cast light on a new, previously undocumented area - the state of driving.

A study of black box data by insurers Direct Line has shown the South East and South West of England in the bottom two when it comes to careful motorists, with the North East of England and Scotland at the top.

The insurance firm analysed the locations of 10,000 DrivePlus policyholders who scored highest for safety factors such as speed, smooth acceleration and braking.

Once each region’s driving population was taken into account it was found that the North East has the highest proportion of the safest drivers, followed by Scotland and the East of England.

Paul Felton of Direct Line said safer drivers with telematics devices in their vehicles are given lower renewal prices for insurance.

He added: “This will be music to the ears of many young drivers across Britain, particularly those in the North East.”

But Neil Greig, the Institute of Advanced Motorists’ director of policy and research, claimed black boxes could be used for “so much more” than premium adjustment.

“The IAM would like to work with insurers to tailor training courses based on each drivers’ individual failings,” he said.

The top 10 of safest drivers by region:

1 North East

2 Scotland

3 East of England

4 North West

5 Midlands

6 London

7 Wales and the West

8 Yorkshire

9 South West

10 South East

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/scottish-drivers-among-britain-s-safest-1-4008458

Back to top Go down

Scottish drivers among Britain’s safest Empty Re: Scottish drivers among Britain’s safest

Post by eddie Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:24 am

I can't drive. I started to learn twice, on separate occasions and found it tedious.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Scottish drivers among Britain’s safest Empty Re: Scottish drivers among Britain’s safest

Post by nicko Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:03 am

Eddie, get yourself a little Automatic, no gears to change, only two pedals stop and go. You can concentrate on just steering. Piece of piss!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:13 am

nicko wrote:Eddie, get yourself a little Automatic,  no gears to change,   only two pedals stop and go. You can concentrate on just steering.     Piece of piss!

She has something better than that called a Chauffeur, her husband.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:28 am

eddie wrote:I can't drive. I started to learn twice, on separate occasions and found it tedious.

I loved driving, but gave up after I got my eyes tested when I realised I couldn't judge distances on my left hand side properly and the optician confirmed it.  I'd failed one driving test because I was so nervous, my leg was shaking so much that I couldn't press the accelerator properly, only thing I failed on was control of the car on take off.  But as soon as I realised I wasn't judging distances properly I didn't put in for another one.  A child could have been on that side, I would never have forgiven myself.

Anyway, got my own nice safe Scotsman to drive me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down