NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syrians in Germany protest sexism, racism in wake of Cologne attacks

+2
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Syrians in Germany protest sexism, racism in wake of Cologne attacks Empty Syrians in Germany protest sexism, racism in wake of Cologne attacks

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:21 pm

Beneath a gray January sky, a handful of men gathered in front of the towering Cologne Cathedral carrying placards and waving German and Syrian flags. Then, as curious bystanders began to trickle over, the men unfurled a banner with a message scrawled in black and green.

"We're refugees from Syria," it read in German. "We're against racism, sexism and war."

It marked the beginning of the first of two demonstrations on Saturday meant to counter the increasingly negative image of refugees in the wake of the events in Cologne on New Year's Eve.

Since that night, in which more than 500 women reported being sexually harassed in front of the main train station by a mob of men, most of them from migrant backgrounds, male refugees from the Middle East feel they're suddenly the enemy in a country that only a short while ago had celebrated their arrival.

Jabbar Abdullah, a 28-year-old Syrian who organized the first, smaller demonstration, said he wanted to convey to the public that there was a distinction between the men who committed those crimes and ordinary refugees.

http://www.dw.com/en/germans-and-refugees-protest-sexism-and-racism-in-wake-of-cologne-attacks/a-18984761

It's funny, the "liberal media" isn't reporting this very much ... Suspect
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Syrians in Germany protest sexism, racism in wake of Cologne attacks Empty Re: Syrians in Germany protest sexism, racism in wake of Cologne attacks

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Jabbar Abdullah, a 28-year-old Syrian who organized the first, smaller demonstration, said he wanted to convey to the public that there was a distinction between the men who committed those crimes and ordinary refugees.

Hmmm, that implies that "ordinary refugees" are not capable of such things.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Syrians in Germany protest sexism, racism in wake of Cologne attacks Empty Re: Syrians in Germany protest sexism, racism in wake of Cologne attacks

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:28 pm

yeah, and you know what.....we dont beleive em..not one little bit

because......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yeah, and you know what.....we dont beleive em..not one little bit

because......

I knew you'd say that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:yeah, and you know what.....we dont beleive em..not one little bit

because......

I knew you'd say that.

because........ http://www.newsfixboard.com/t13364-integrated-Muslim-migrants-germans-are-disgusting-they-should-all-disappear

remember THESE are supposed to be "integrated"....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:35 pm

because......

I don't think you should speak for others really.

My point is that there seems to be a move towards people thinking that the ones carrying out the crimes are not "real refugees", whereas they may well be perfectly genuine in that they've fled a war zone of some kind.

What these people are doing is good really, but they need to aim their protests at the ones who are giving them a bad name, as well as aiming them at the German public.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:50 pm

Wow, about a couple hundred protesters.
So the attackers at Cologne organised 5 times as many people

Whilst this seems like good news, those missing shows how actually this is more concerning. I mean 200 out of 1 million refugees let in last year?

Yes there is a massive problem which sadly genuine refugees like these good people will take the flak because a large number of people have gotten in off the crisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:51 pm

There's that phrase "genuine refugees" again. What is making some people think that someone can't be a genuine refugee and at the same time be capable of sexually harassing a woman?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There's that phrase "genuine refugees" again. What is making some people think that someone can't be a genuine refugee and at the same time be capable of sexually harassing a woman?

Someone genuine is seeking snactuary and safety, being grateful to their hosts. Someone coming knowingly to commit criminal acts is not genuine are they but have intentionally come to commit harm. They are not fleeing anything. I am not saying some are not refugeees, but they lose that status in my book, when they knowingly break the law

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:55 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There's that phrase "genuine refugees" again. What is making some people think that someone can't be a genuine refugee and at the same time be capable of sexually harassing a woman?

Someone genuine is seeking snactuary and safety, being grateful to their hosts. Someone coming knowingly to commit criminal acts is not genuine are they but have intentionally come to commit harm. They are not fleeing anything. I am not saying some are not refugeees, but they lose that status in my book, when they knowingly break the law

Well you'd think they'd be grateful and on their best behaviour, but that doesn't necessarily follow. They're not necessarily going there just to harass a woman are they? They might just think of it one evening.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:56 pm

Didge wrote:Wow, about a couple hundred protesters.

Whilst this seems like good news, those missing shows how actually this is more concerning. I mean 200 out of 1 million refugees let in last year?

Yes there is a massive problem which sadly genuine refugees like these good people will take the flak because a large number of people have gotten in off the crisis

Absolutely, since we can say with all certainty that the other 999,200 of them supported the attacks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Absolutely, since we can say with all certainty that the other 999,200 of them supported the attacks.
Of the known attacks that is
Like I say, they attackers were better organisors and this pulled in a few hundred
That is poor in my book, they should have been out in their thousands condemning

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:59 pm

It depends on how well it was advertised doesn't it? I often see news about marches and protests that I had no idea were going to happen beforehand.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:01 pm

probably not ben, they likely have the same attitude as the left, and dont give a damn about them, except it might make their life uncomfortable....

see the problem that everyone misses is that such behaviour is culturally endemic isnt it...

its not "exceptional" to see women as mere "playthings" within that culture, especially women who are merely living within our cultural norms

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:01 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Like I say, they attackers were better organisors and this pulled in a few hundred
That is poor in my book, they should have been out in their thousands condemning

Protest movement grow over time, they don't start huge in most cases.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:03 pm

Lord Foul wrote:probably not ben, they likely have the same attitude as the left, and dont give a damn about them, except it might make their life uncomfortable....

see the problem that everyone misses is that such behaviour is culturally endemic isnt it...

its not "exceptional" to see women as mere "playthings" within that culture, especially women who are merely living within our cultural norms

I wish you'd stop pretending the left doesn't care about the German victims, it's getting old, it's stupid and it's a terrible accusation to just mindlessly blurt out. You're like a shit-flinging monkey.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Didge wrote:

Protest movement grow over time, they don't start huge in most cases.

Not with todays technology, that is a poor excuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Can't all these chaps get together and discuss a way to take back their own country?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:12 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:probably not ben, they likely have the same attitude as the left, and dont give a damn about them, except it might make their life uncomfortable....

I wish you'd stop pretending the left doesn't care about the German victims, it's getting old, it's stupid and it's a terrible accusation to just mindlessly blurt out. You're like a shit-flinging monkey.

yeah and its one you cant answer without playing the "victim card"...

I havnt noticed one, not one, sound effective or practical suggestion as to what should be done...
NOR, it is noticed has anything ACTUALLY been done...to either properly seek out or punish those responsible

NOR BEYOND suggesting that the german girls should "cover up" has anything been suggested OR put in place to ensure that it doesnt happen again.

Indeed all we get is the certainty that there is to be "more of the same" as Merkel continues her headlong descent into insanity

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:06 am

I think Ben should go to Germany, and visit certain areas in Britain,and take off his rose tinted spec's before he goes.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Beneath a gray January sky, a handful of men gathered in front of the towering Cologne Cathedral carrying placards and waving German and Syrian flags. Then, as curious bystanders began to trickle over, the men unfurled a banner with a message scrawled in black and green.

"We're refugees from Syria," it read in German. "We're against racism, sexism and war."

It marked the beginning of the first of two demonstrations on Saturday meant to counter the increasingly negative image of refugees in the wake of the events in Cologne on New Year's Eve.

Since that night, in which more than 500 women reported being sexually harassed in front of the main train station by a mob of men, most of them from migrant backgrounds, male refugees from the Middle East feel they're suddenly the enemy in a country that only a short while ago had celebrated their arrival.

http://www.dw.com/en/germans-and-refugees-protest-sexism-and-racism-in-wake-of-cologne-attacks/a-18984761

It's funny, the "liberal media" isn't reporting this very much ... Suspect

But Ben...? Didn't you and quill cast alot of doubt over whether the cologne attacks were true and merely "exaggerated"?

If you believe this story then you must believe the "attacks" story???!!

Why would these people demonstrate if it were not true?

You see the twisted logic in your thread....don't you? geek
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down