NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights

5 posters

Go down

High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights Empty High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Householders can use a “disproportionate” level of force to protect themselves against intruders in their home, the High Court has confirmed in a landmark ruling.Backing the so-called “householder defence”, judges said that the use of violence when challenging a burglar did not breach European human rights laws.They rejected a challenge to the defence by the family of Denby Collins, 39, who remains in a coma after being confronted and restrained while allegedly breaking into a home in Gillingham, Kent at 3am in December 2013. When police arrived at the scene Mr Collins was unconscious.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12103108/High-Court-you-can-beat-up-a-burglar-without-breaching-their-human-rights.html

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights Empty Re: High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Good decision...I have always said that if someone breaks into your home and you can deal with em they have voluntarily agreed to become your "plaything" and are fair game for anything..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

now pas me that live wire........ High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights 3018442852
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights Empty Re: High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Good decision...I have always said that if someone breaks into your home and you can deal with em they have voluntarily agreed to become your "plaything" and are fair game for anything..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

now pas me that live wire........ High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights 3018442852

I agree with the right to defense of self and property, but you sound kind of like a sicko -- your plaything?!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Ben, is it true that in some States you are allowed to shoot anyone you find in your house who is there without your permission.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:59 pm

The parents of Denby Collins appear to be challenging the assertion that their son was actually breaking into a house though, which is really a different issue.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Good decision...I have always said that if someone breaks into your home and you can deal with em they have voluntarily agreed to become your "plaything" and are fair game for anything..... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I agree with the right to defense of self and property, but you sound kind of like a sicko -- your plaything?!

Twisted Evil affraid High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights 1794926327 High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights 3755771736 High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights 3177564460 High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights 3583224271 High Court: you can beat up a burglar without breaching their human rights 2686688521 ""evil grin"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:05 pm

nicko wrote:Ben,  is it true that in some States you are allowed to shoot anyone you find in your house who is there without your permission.

Yeah, they're called castle laws, we have one in Texas. Sometimes people take them too far, though -- there was a guy in Texas who saw his neighbor's property being burgled and shot the burglar, who died because he was trying to steal a barbecue grill or something.

The shooter was exonerated under the castle law and a lot of militant law-and-order types were calling him a hero. He flat-out admitted he didn't feel like a hero and regretted shooting the burglar.

I don't think anyone should be killed or tortured for theft. If it's a matter of self-defense, that's fine, but I wonder about the mentality of people like Victor, who seem to be waiting for an excuse to do something horrible to one of the "bad guys" (who might simply have made a bad choice).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
nicko wrote:Ben,  is it true that in some States you are allowed to shoot anyone you find in your house who is there without your permission.

Yeah, they're called castle laws, we have one in Texas. Sometimes people take them too far, though -- there was a guy in Texas who saw his neighbor's property being burgled and shot the burglar, who died because he was trying to steal a barbecue grill or something.

The shooter was exonerated under the castle law and a lot of militant law-and-order types were calling him a hero. He flat-out admitted he didn't feel like a hero and regretted shooting the burglar.

I don't think anyone should be killed or tortured for theft. If it's a matter of self-defense, that's fine, but I wonder about the mentality of people like Victor, who seem to be waiting for an excuse to do something horrible to one of the "bad guys" (who might simply have made a bad choice).

Was that the Joe Horn case?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5278638&page=1
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:09 pm

In Britain we have saying "an English mans home is his castle" Don't think we could shoot anyone though.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:12 pm

bad choice??

no...

bad choice is when your dinner gives you indigestion

or you have to divorce your wife cos shes a bitch

or you take a wrong road and end up stuck for the night

or go for a parachute jump, and realise you have vertigo

THEY are bad choices

burglary is pure evil, and should be able to be met with the like....
and moreover it is perfectly fair to assume that the burglar will have every intent of visiting untold violence upon you as the house holder....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Was that the Joe Horn case?

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5278638&page=1

Yes -- as someone who's locked himself out of his apartment four times in the past two months, I'm relieved I remember as much about the case. Here's a story where he talks about how he felt in the aftermath: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=5291506&page=1
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Lord Foul wrote:bad choice??

no...

THEY are bad choices

and moreover it is perfectly fair to assume that the burglar will have every intent of visiting untold violence upon you as the house holder....

Do you not think a choice that gets you killed is empirically a bad choice?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

no...

THEY are bad choices

thats merely playing with words

the appologistic stance

lumping burglary in with say, climbing a mountain whilst nor correctly prepared.

going burglaring is a deliberate decision to do evil
no one can negligently or mistakenly or even accidentally burgle your home

Rolling Eyes

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:29 pm

oohhh no.....but wait till you plug him in.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:24 am

Lord Foul wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

no...

THEY are bad choices

the appologistic stance

lumping burglary in with say, climbing a mountain whilst nor correctly prepared.

Rolling Eyes

Really, so dumb kids who decide to steal things because they think it's cool are evil?

Burglary is a nonviolent offense, you psychopathic lunatic.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:24 am

That's the problem, Vic. I want to like you because I don't want to think you mean some of the things you write here.

But I have no idea who you really are, and going by what you write, you're actually not that great of a person. At all. I don't want to think that's true ... but all I'm getting is your expressions in text.

So I hope that, being a person not from your culture or personally acquainted with you, that what I read between the lines of what you post is correct.

But -- I know I could very well be wrong. I guess what I'm trying to say is ... I hope you don't really think an object is worth a human life. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I see people saying horrible things here daily.

Capiche?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:28 pm

burglary is NOT a non violent offense

or...should I say correctly is becoming less and less an non violent offense

at one time , if the burgla=r woke you up and heard you moving he'd br off like a rocket...

now adays they are likely to seek you out and stab you in your sleep

if you are not in when they break in they wont just nick your telly, they will trash the house, shit in your sock draw and kill your pets...becasue thay can and are bastards...

so....

any one I catch in my house ilegally runs the standing risk of severe consequences...

I aint going to be playing, nor asking politely that he leaves......

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:29 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

the appologistic stance

Rolling Eyes

Really, so dumb kids who decide to steal things because they think it's cool are evil?

erm...lemme think about this

mmmmm  yep!

and perhaps whilst terminating their existance may be a tad harsh, a good thrashing and a busted nose may well help them think it isnt so cool

what would YOUR answer be...even MORE of the failed "the perp is a victim too" nonsense???
mean while the things I have worked for get taken from me...possibly never to be replaced
Yes ok so we can insure...and we get burgled...and then end up paying MORE for insurance
when the REAL point is

1 I should be able to leave my home with the door open, to return and find that some kind neighbour has shut the door to keep the weather out...and nothing more
2 I should NOT have to keep every one of my posessions under permanent lock and key
3 I should NOT even have to consider the possibility that I have to indulge in handing out serious bodily harm becasue someone wants to avail them selves of my hard earned goods....

the fact that 1 and 2 dont happen
and that 3 is what I have to be prepared to do is indicative of societies soft approach failure....

and yep I know lefties have shares i insurance companies.. Rolling Eyes

Burglary is a nonviolent offense, you psychopathic lunatic.

Last edited by Lord Foul on Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Stormee wrote:The name calling on here???????????? I thought that was for school girls.

oh shurrup whingeing shady...I think I prefered the pirate Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:That's the problem, Vic. I want to like you because I don't want to think you mean some of the things you write here.

But I have no idea who you really are, and going by what you write, you're actually not that great of a person. At all. I don't want to think that's true ... but all I'm getting is your expressions in text.

So I hope that, being a person not from your culture or personally acquainted with you, that what I read between the lines of what you post is correct.

But -- I know I could very well be wrong. I guess what I'm trying to say is ... I hope you don't really think an object is worth a human life. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I see people saying horrible things here daily.

Capiche?

You should be directing that comment at burglars really. Is it worth them risking their lives for an object?

A lot of people react quite badly to being burgled. It's not just a case of people taking their stuff, they feel violated and get very upset. Add to that the fear someone would feel if they heard someone moving around downstairs when they knew there was not supposed to be anyone in the house, or if they heard a door being bashed in, and you'll get a person who will likely lash out and may well do a burglar serious damage or even kill them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down