NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox Hunting

+8
Andy
Syl
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
nicko
Eilzel
eddie
Major
12 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Fox Hunting Empty Re: Fox Hunting

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:56 am

Foxhunting should be 'consigned to history', says sports minister
Tracey Crouch restates opposition to repealing Hunting Act, as poll shows 83% think ban on hunting with dogs should continue

Foxhunting is a “pursuit for the past” that should be “consigned to history”, the sports minister has said, as an estimated 250,000 spectators turned out to watch Boxing Day hunts across the UK.
Tracey Crouch suggested that parliament has “better things to be concerned with” than fulfilling the government’s pledge to hold a vote on repealing the Hunting Act.

Fox Hunting Foxhunting-009
Top Tory leads rebellion against relaxation of foxhunting ban

Read more

A recent survey suggests that more than 80% of the public oppose legalising hunting with dogs again, after it was banned in England and Wales by the Labour government in 2004. The Conservatives’ 2015 general election manifesto promised to “give parliament the opportunity to repeal the Hunting Act on a free vote, with a government bill in government time”.
An attempt to relax the law was abandoned earlier this year after the SNP signalled that it would join Labour and Tory opponents in the division lobbies, rather than abstaining because the change would not affect Scotland.
Crouch is a patron of the Conservatives Against Fox Hunting group, known as Blue Fox, and in a statement issued through it she said: “Foxhunting is a pursuit from the past and like the overwhelming majority of the population I believe that is where it should stay, consigned to history. I believe that the legislation as it stands today requires better enforcement, and parliament has better things to be concerned with than bringing back hunting foxes with hounds.”

Fox Hunting 2045
Tracey Couch is a patron of the Conservatives Against Fox Hunting group, known as Blue Fox. Photograph: Nick Ansell/PA
The survey by Ipsos Mori, conducted on behalf of the League Against Cruel Sports (Lacs), found 83% of respondents thought the ban should continue – 84% in rural areas and 82% in urban areas.
Opposition to legalising foxhunting has risen from 72% in 2008, according to Lacs. Director of campaigns, Tom Quinn, said: “We have a lot of new information about what people think about hunting and none of it is good news for the small but obsessed minority who want to kill animals for fun.
“Opposition to legalising foxhunting is higher than it has ever been. We believe this reflects that as a nation the vast majority of us are repulsed at the thought of killing animals for sport.”
Longstanding foxhunting opponent, Sir Roger Gale, Tory MP for North Thanet, said: “Support for the hunting ban among Conservative MPs has snowballed over the past year and is now at an all-time high,” he said. “In the early days, I was one of very few Conservative voices speaking out against foxhunting. The recent increase in numbers of Conservative MPs who have now come out publicly against the repeal of the Hunting Act means that any attempt to repeal the act at this stage is doomed to failure.”
Shadow environment secretary, Kerry McCarthy, said it was “absolutely clear that the British public do not want to see a return to hunting with hounds”.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/dec/26/foxhunting-should-be-consigned-to-history-says-sports-minister

Anyone found to be taking part in this ILLEGAL activity, should be hunted down by a pack of dogs until they are exhausted, then ripped apart by them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:58 am

Fox Hunting 12299172_771226446321466_7866181086891526439_n

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:26 am

I'm ashamed to say I really don't care.
There are so many other far more important things to worry about in the world that foxes rate so far down the list as to be non-existent for me.

I like animals, sure, but isn't this a way of keeping down "vermin"?
Are foxes still considered vermin to farmers etc?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:50 am

It can't be a good employer - FOX HUNTING IS ILLEGAL AND IS GOING TO STAY THAT WAY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:53 am

It's barbaric. Same as tiger poaching, bull fighting, whaling etc, and should be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Remember these are living creatures, being torn apart in the most god awful way- FOR FUN!

Not because they are vermin.
Not to protect chickens.
Not to keep down numbers (at which it is ineffective at anyway).

For fun. Some humans dressed like peacocks say ride around on horses thinking they are some legendary Greek huntsman or something.

It is disgusting. It should remain banned. It should not be allowed to waste parliamentary time even bringing it up a relaxation of the ban in the commons
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:54 am

Eilzel wrote:It's barbaric. Same as tiger poaching, bull fighting, whaling etc, and should be consigned to the dustbin of history.

Remember these are living creatures, being torn apart in the most god awful way- FOR FUN!

Not because they are vermin.
Not to protect chickens.
Not to keep down numbers (at which it is ineffective at anyway).

For fun. Some humans dressed like peacocks say ride around on horses thinking they are some legendary Greek huntsman or something.

It is disgusting. It should remain banned. It should not be allowed to waste parliamentary time even bringing it up a relaxation of the ban in the commons

+ 1,000,000

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:57 am

eddie wrote:I'm ashamed to say I really don't care.
There are so many other far more important things to worry about in the world that foxes rate so far down the list as to be non-existent for me.

Eddie, if you ever saw it happen, you'd be against it.  I had a friend traumatised by being 'bloodied' as a child.  A hunt also ripped apart a much loved cat belonged to a friend of my Mum, and another friend of theirs (a farmer) threatened to shoot them if they trampled on his crops again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Stormee, get it through your head.  It's barbaric, it's not coming back, it's ILLEGAL and 85% of the population, INCLUDING COUNTRY PEOPLE, are against it and despise it.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:33 pm

I have to say this statement that 80% of people are against Fox hunting is pie in the sky, i'v never been asked, neither has any one else I know. This is a figure that's pulled out of the air by anti-hunters. Most people, if the truth was known, could not give a toss about it, it's something that they don't think about. The Media always bring it up on Boxing Day, it makes good tv to show people on their horses dressed up in hunting clothes, makes people think,"look at those snobs. Total bollocks, most of them are ordinary people,[Coal miners for example]. Lets get it clear, they may be torn apart as some people put it, but the first hound or two that reaches it will bite the neck and kill it instantly! Saying all that i'm not fond of it myself but would not stop others from doing it. [can't call it a sport though].
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:49 pm

No it isn't.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/fox-hunting-poll-reveals-74-6066347

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:58 pm

The MIRROR is a labour supporting paper, the SUN is a Tory one. I don't believe everything I read in either one. I respect you opinion, please respect mine. We will agree to differ, ok?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Nicko, sorry but it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of fact.  Poll after poll by different pollsters has shown that the majority of the country do not want fox-hunting re-introduced.

The poll being quoted by The Mirror wasn't done by them, it was done by the BBC.  And I fail to see what it being a 'Labour paper' has to do with it, as the majority of Conservatives are against fox-hunting as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:36 pm

sassy wrote:Fox Hunting 12299172_771226446321466_7866181086891526439_n

VICTOR! How did you get such a lovely photo of 'em, sassy? Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:38 pm

I am against fox hunting.

It inflicts barbaric levels of cruelty and suffering onto the fox that anyone who claims to care about animals and supports this should be deeply ashamed of themselves!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:46 pm

I care about cruelty and barbaric treatment of Human Beings. BUT, WHY IS IT when I see pictures of little children suffering I think, what a bloody shame. But when I see pictures of animals suffering I sometimes get something in my eyes
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:29 pm

A stray dog may do the same... but they are not subjected to the same brutality as a fox by hunting it with a pack of hounds and horses. ..

If one did have chickens or ducks then they should ensure adequate barriers and fences are in place as protection.

However the foxes diet largely consists of other animals and insects that are troublesome to farmers...

The red fox eats a wide variety of foods. It is an omnivore and its diet includes fruits, berries and grasses. It also eats birds and small mammals like squirrels, rabbits and mice. A large part of the red fox's diet is made up invertebrates like crickets, caterpillars, grasshoppers, beetles and crayfish... and rats...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:It can't be a good employer - FOX HUNTING IS ILLEGAL AND IS GOING TO STAY THAT WAY.

I mean it is a GOOD EMPLOYER for those it EMPLOYS or they would be out of a job.

How many 'meets' have you been to??????????

It's barbaric. It isn't designed to cull foxes and it's not a sport either....it just gives fat arsed countryfolk a cheap thrill to see an innocent creature ripped limb from limb.
It's absolute bollox to say the hounds would had to be put down, they were/probably still are in some parts bred for the purpose.
Whats wrong with chasing a false scent anyway.....or if some have to have blood lust the scent of one of their own.....I might even ride on that chase.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Syl wrote:
Stormee wrote:

I mean it is a GOOD EMPLOYER for those it EMPLOYS or they would be out of a job.

How many 'meets' have you been to??????????

It's barbaric. It isn't designed to cull foxes and it's not a sport either....it just gives fat arsed countryfolk  a cheap thrill to see an innocent creature ripped limb from limb.
It's absolute bollox to say the hounds would had to be put down, they were/probably still are in some parts bred for the purpose.
Whats wrong with chasing a false scent anyway.....or if some have to have blood lust the scent of one of their own.....I might even ride on that chase.

Tally Ho !!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Oh whoopee doo, it's only terrified and exhausted, so that's ok then!!!  FGS!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Stormee wrote:On a fox hunt day more often than not Charlie evades the hounds.

You love your foxes....are you playing devils advocate here? Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Stormee wrote:On a fox hunt day more often than not Charlie evades the hounds.

Lucky them... but irrelevant to the levels of cruelty and suffering inflicted on the ones who don't get away.

All the arguments for this brutal pursuit are deeply flawed and easily shown to be waffle.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:54 pm

sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:I'm ashamed to say I really don't care.

Eddie, if you ever saw it happen, you'd be against it.  I had a friend traumatised by being 'bloodied' as a child.  A hunt also ripped apart a much loved cat belonged to a friend of my Mum, and another friend of theirs (a farmer) threatened to shoot them if they trampled on his crops again.

But don't foxes kill cats and pet rabbits? P
And what about bullfighting? Isn't that barbaric too?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I am against fox hunting.

It inflicts barbaric levels of cruelty and suffering onto the fox that anyone who claims to care about animals and supports this should be deeply ashamed of themselves!

Great shout,Tom.
Our local hunt were sued for trespassing over private land and causing considerable damage.
3 sheep were also killed by worrying from the dogs.
The hunt paid out a lot of damages and were subsequently disbanded as the members were banned from the village shop and local pub.
And the sabateurs caused absolute mayhem towards the end.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:54 pm

If and when foxes need controling it should be done by a man with either a shotgun (at suitable ranges) or a rifle sufficient for the job (something not less than .22 winchester magnum round)

and they are NOT cute cuddly fluffy things, they are dirty disease ridden vermin, mostly full of fleas tick and mange(the are also viscious)

their diet includes lambs...one fellow on my permission had 3 until he met 46grams of BB at 15 yards

he was to all appearences fit and healthy

but on examination proved to be infested with the above ..   I bagged him, sealed him up and slung him in the farmers incinerator....and itched for 3 days......

OH and that bloke with those 3 in that photo, wants shooting along with them foxes....
(technically he's breaking the law .....I'll leave you to figure out why)

and YES Stormee...they are indeed "vermin"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:55 pm

Lord Foul wrote:If and when foxes need controling it should be done by a man with either a shotgun (at suitable ranges) or a rifle sufficient for the job (something not less than .22 winchester magnum round)

and they are NOT cute cuddly fluffy things, they are dirty disease ridden vermin, mostly full of fleas tick and mange(the are also viscious)

their diet includes lambs...one fellow on my permission had 3 until he met 46grams of no5 at 15 yards

but on examination proved to be infested with the above ..   I bagged him, sealed him up and slung him in the farmers incinerator....and itched for 3 days......

OH and that bloke with those 3 in that photo, wants shooting along with them foxes....

No he's not, he's in Ireland lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:56 pm

sassy wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:If and when foxes need controling it should be done by a man with either a shotgun (at suitable ranges) or a rifle sufficient for the job (something not less than .22 winchester magnum round)

their diet includes lambs...one fellow on my permission had 3 until he met 46grams of no5 at 15 yards

No he's not, he's in Ireland lol

depends on their animal welfare laws then...note I did say "technically"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:57 pm

and being in ireland doesnt make him any less of an idiot....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:43 pm

.22 wmr is quite sufficient up to 80-100 yards

.243 is over powered on my permissions..(not that I would mind having one  Laughing )

shotgun from MOVING vehicle...????? affraid Is that even LEGAL??? (hint...read the general licence)

the one I got was a lone marauder...

no need to drive him ...bait and wait...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Talking about Foxes. This morning I was up at 3.30am, made a cup of tea, sat down and heard loud hissing from back garden, opened curtain and saw young cat standing with fur raised facing large Dog fox. Old cat who was asleep on couch instantly shot across room and through cat flap and with no hesitation leaped at the fox and went straight for his throat. By the time I got the door open Fox was fleeing down the road with cat after him. Meanwhile young cat had ran into living room and was standing on top of bookshelf trembling. After about 5 min's old cat returned spitting brown hairs out of mouth.If I had not got up that early young cat could have been killed! Old cat will have tin of Tuna later!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Good one old cat!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:00 pm

For 'Old Cat' it's all in a day's work. Ya gotta reward him right now, so's he knows what it's for.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:17 pm

He polished off a medium tin of Tuna, and, he left a bit for young cat! I never thought this would happen, old cat"scruff" is a neutered male 10 yrs,
young cat Mitzie is a 2yr old spayed femail, [have I got that right?] any how, they are lying together on couch, never done that before, amazing!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:08 pm

yep I would agree with you stormee...a .243 will give you greater range, but i like to be 100% sure.

also my permissions are in the main flat as a witches tit with small-is  fields and a lot of hedges...

so charlie usually meets his maker at around 60 yards with the WMR

lets face it...if you cant get within 60 yards ..its time to stop stalking charlie

If I get a lamp shy one ..I use 900nm 940nm infra red...which they cant see... (the normal 830nm they can to an extent) Or I will use a light amplifier like a yukon(but I dont like them...too much swaping and changing and rezeroing of tele's)

never had one get up and walk off yet...

my favourite tactic is to sit up a tree and eat my supper....charlie usually turns up at the point I'm pouring scalding hot coffee whilst balancing the cup on my leg.... Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:48 pm

I've given my opinion on hunting with dogs many times, and it hasn't changed. I find it quite strange how some people go on about it as if it's still legal. I hope that any "accidental" fox hunting with dogs will be investigated. It's a bit stupid to boast about that kind of thing on the internet.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Stormee wrote:It appears the police turn a blind eye Miss Ragga, it is more than difficult for them to actually get to the 'kill', you need to know the land, terrain, have a special vehicle and be able to get through locked gates, the gamekeeper and or his assistant are the only ones usually driving on an estate on hunting day, too dangerous.

Well done to the hunt monitors who manage to get evidence without getting into trouble themselves. Also, if someone is openly admitting that the dogs go after foxes re a particular hunt, clearly the police have a duty to investigate.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next