NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tel Aviv University academics debate BDS for the first time

Go down

Tel Aviv University academics debate BDS for the first time Empty Tel Aviv University academics debate BDS for the first time

Post by Irn Bru Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:46 am

On June 8th, 2015 Tel Aviv University academics held a first ever discussion on BDS. The following is an address given by Dr. Hilla Dayan at the conference:

I would like to thank Irit Naaman and Nissim Mizrahi, head of the sociology and anthropology department. It speaks to the quality of the department under your leadership, Nissim, that such a controversial and difficult issue is up for discussion here.

This last week I was feeling a bit chilly. That may sound odd seeing that it’s June in Israel, but it may be that I was suffering from what lawyers diagnose as the “chilling effect”. I could not avoid thoughts such as “why did I say yes? why do I need this headache? I am only a guest researcher here. What if I am asked to give interviews on this topic? What will the audience think? Who will show up?” In short, I couldn’t sleep too well.

http://mondoweiss.net/2015/06/university-academics-debate

Last part of a long article...

This is the possibility that I would like to point out in our own context. I do not support the boycott out of desperation, the belief that only the “civilized” world will save Israel from itself. I support the boycott from within, out of a love of the people living here, as an act of patriotic love for this place, out of solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, out of fidelity to the idea of the university as handmaiden of society, not the state, and out of a hope that I will never ever lose, a hope for our future, after apartheid Israel
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Tel Aviv University academics debate BDS for the first time Empty Re: Tel Aviv University academics debate BDS for the first time

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:54 am

Brave lady for speaking the truth.  I'm sure she will get masses of abuse from the hasbara machine.

Back to top Go down

Tel Aviv University academics debate BDS for the first time Empty Re: Tel Aviv University academics debate BDS for the first time

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:10 am

Irn Bru wrote:On June 8th, 2015 Tel Aviv University academics held a first ever discussion on BDS. The following is an address given by Dr. Hilla Dayan at the conference:

I would like to thank Irit Naaman and Nissim Mizrahi, head of the sociology and anthropology department. It speaks to the quality of the department under your leadership, Nissim, that such a controversial and difficult issue is up for discussion here.

This last week I was feeling a bit chilly. That may sound odd seeing that it’s June in Israel, but it may be that I was suffering from what lawyers diagnose as the “chilling effect”. I could not avoid thoughts such as “why did I say yes? why do I need this headache? I am only a guest researcher here. What if I am asked to give interviews on this topic? What will the audience think? Who will show up?” In short, I couldn’t sleep too well.

http://mondoweiss.net/2015/06/university-academics-debate

Last part of a long article...

This is the possibility that I would like to point out in our own context. I do not support the boycott out of desperation, the belief that only the “civilized” world will save Israel from itself. I support the boycott from within, out of a love of the people living here, as an act of patriotic love for this place, out of solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, out of fidelity to the idea of the university as handmaiden of society, not the state, and out of a hope that I will never ever lose, a hope for our future, after apartheid Israel

More proof of Irn's antisemitism as what other nations does he support the call for a boycott on?
I mean in fact the one country that is like Apartheid is Sadui Arabia.
So why is it that Irn does not support any such group that advocates this>
Not only this the BDS what Israel to cease to exist by taking in millions of people who have never lived there and have no intention of being Isralei citizens. They are descendents of Jordanian or Syrian Arabs, who were never called Palestinians when their ancestors left Israel after the aggressive arabs who lost in 1948. Who again know that if allowed back in will out vote Israeli Jews, with the intention then of deporting the Israeli jews or far worse killing them. You see even the BDS has been seen by the likes of Noam Chomsky and Finlklesten both think the BDS are appalling and the later sees them as rightly antisemitism in nature that ddeny the existance of Israel and yet here we have already a know racist in sassy exposed for denying the identity of Israeli Jews, in their Jewish status, to now Irn backing a group that is very much steeped in antisemitism. I mean does he call for the descendents and people still alive of the 16 million displaceed german refugees from WW2 to be relocated back to Poland and Slovakia? No because Germany was the aggressor and started a war, just as did the Palestinians. It would be like claiming Germany was the victim for invading Poland. In both cases, both the Germans and Arabs invaded the respective countries with the sole intention to wipe the nation from existance. Israel thankfully was able to defend itself. Now the question to ask is why has millions of Germans been found homs, but these Arabs refugees not? Because sadly the Arab surrounding nations use them as pawns, soley with the intent to destroy Israle.
As seen anyone who supports the BDS is by its very nature and policies very much an tisemitism

https://newrepublic.com/article/122257/unpopular-man-norman-finkelstein-comes-out-against-bds-movement

Like I say its been an easy day recently of exposing the left wing and Muslim racists on this forum.
Also we have seena  recent real academic debate at orford, where Israel was won in the argument.

Mr. Dershowitz told Breitbart News how he managed to convince students that the case for boycotting Israel was unjust, and only sabotages the peace process. “The other side argued that BDS was an alternative to war. I argued that BDS was an alternative to a negotiated peace because it disincentivizes the Palestinian leadership from negotiating a compromise resolution and instead misleads them into relying on external pressure to delegitimize Israel,” he said. Dershowitz squared off against Peter Tatchell, a self-described human rights advocate who is a member of the Green Party of England and Wales.

BDS, which advocates for a boycott of exports to and imports from the State of Israel, has been described by some as an anti-Semitic movement, given that many of its proponents refuse to recognize the sovereignty of the Jewish state. Advocates of BDS commonly ignore the atrocities committed by actual dictatorial regimes, and tend to only focus on Israel, the only free, democratic country in the Middle East.
The Harvard professor argued that the side that promotes the boycott of Israel approaches the topic from a deep-rooted anti-Semitic perspective.

“BDS is anti-peace, anti-negotiation and anti-Israel. I am pro-peace, pro-negotiation, pro-Israel and pro-Palestine… BDS is based on bigotry. If Israel was not the nation state of the Jewish People, then this debate wouldn’t be happening today,” he said during the debate. BDS leaders refuse to debate him, which says a lot about their supposed longing for peace, he added, stating: “BDS will absolutely not bring peace. If the BDS movement is desirous of peace, then why will its leaders not debate me?” And it is impossible at this moment to find a leader of a democratic nation that supports the radical movement, he added.

“Not a single leader of a democracy anywhere in the world supports the BDS movement,” Dershowitz said. “If you’re going to have a BDS movement, then have it internationally based on human rights offenses and lack of democracy.”

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/11/01/dershowitz-wins-oxford-union-debate-boycott-israel-movement/

Tel Aviv University academics debate BDS for the first time Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down