NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia-UK bond ‘under threat’ from Britain’s ‘discriminatory’ visa and migration policies

+3
Raggamuffin
Victorismyhero
veya_victaous
7 posters

Go down

Australia-UK bond ‘under threat’ from Britain’s ‘discriminatory’ visa and migration policies Empty Australia-UK bond ‘under threat’ from Britain’s ‘discriminatory’ visa and migration policies

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:23 pm

“The UK’s visa changes are making this country a less welcoming destination for Australians,” the Australian High Commission signed report states.
“This potentially harms the UK’s image and reputation in Australia, and might even in the long term undermine the unique Australia-UK bond.”
As previously reported, in 2011 the British Government closed certain skilled worker visas and capped other at just 20,000 positions for all nations from outside the European Union.
The move came after the EU’s open borders saw a dramatic rise of skilled or semi-skilled workers flood the UK, particularly from eastern European nations.
Next year UK worker restrictions are to be further tightened and extended to intra-company transfers, spouses right to work and see levies implemented.
There has been a 50 per cent drop in Australian migration between 1999 and 2011, to just 26,000 people with another 14 per cent drop in the past four years.
The Australian Government has formally protested the move in a rare strongly worded diplomatic missive from High Commissioner Alexander Downer to Whitehall and Westminster’s Migration Advisory Committee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

London Mayor Boris Johnson, who studied in Melbourne in his youth, said he would be taking the case up with Prime Minister David Cameron for Australia’s unique position in UK history to be recognised.
“The Mayor has long argued for a fair but firm visa system that attracts talented people from across the world to come to London to live and work,” a spokesman said.
“He believes that Commonwealth citizens should be given more freedom to contribute to London’s economy, culture and communities, particularly given the strong cultural connections between our countries. As a start, the Mayor has proposed an agreement between Australia and the United Kingdom that allows greater movement of skilled people between both countries in order to address skills shortages. This could be extended further to other Commonwealth countries, if successful.”
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/australiauk-bond-under-threat-from-britains-discriminatory-visa-and-migration-policies-dfat-report/news-story/d93f1ed2ca71ba961eb71c4bf5b2cf5c
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Australia-UK bond ‘under threat’ from Britain’s ‘discriminatory’ visa and migration policies Empty Re: Australia-UK bond ‘under threat’ from Britain’s ‘discriminatory’ visa and migration policies

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:28 pm

the most common comments are
'Republic' and 'Fuck the pommies, kick'em out too' 

it is a bit of a beat up as this is really just the culmination of years 2 decades of shifting trade since the creation of the EU
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Australia-UK bond ‘under threat’ from Britain’s ‘discriminatory’ visa and migration policies Empty Re: Australia-UK bond ‘under threat’ from Britain’s ‘discriminatory’ visa and migration policies

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:47 am

was going to say...has australia been caught between a rock and a hard place here...it sems a pity.

I once had an Aussie doctor...fantastic chap...on the very few occaisions I neded his services his response was to throw the "drug book" (that big fat book of all the various perscription drugs they get every year) to me and say "pick your potion"

that was becasue the first time \i saw him I had the vilest sore throat and with a frog like tone told him I had a "strep" in my throat and wanted some penicillin VK

he peered down the chasm of my neck and said indeed you do..and you have asked for the right meds...
how do you know....so I told him....I was originally trained as a microbiologist, and only went into micro electronics becasue the money was better

after that he and I got along very well indeed...

our vet is also an aussie....again fantastic chap...

I made this to screen that "cat waiting area" from the dog patients

Australia-UK bond ‘under threat’ from Britain’s ‘discriminatory’ visa and migration policies Screen10
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 am

not really... only for those that are proud of the British heritage.
It may make it a bit harder for working holidays in Europe.. BUT the lack of work in Europe has already made that pretty hard. Neutral

We have made inroads towards special treatment by the USA  in terms of Visas etc.
And We get extra special treatment in China already.

Not 100% sure but the New PM is very pro-republic so it could be part of a Build up to Independence vote. it is not really an sudden event, it is the process of years of economic and social demographic change.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:14 am

Maybe its because of this Veya

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t12683-is-this-what-the-world-thinks-of-us-backpacker-rejected-by-scottish-landlord-because-australia-is-famous-for-its-drunks-and-racists

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:44 am

I know another example of how Europe still exists in an imaginary world from 20 years ago.
Razz Razz Razz Razz

You lot all Called us Racist BACK THEN because we were going through the early stages of Multiculturalism like you are now with all the bleating from Cowards about how it's the end of the world blah blah blah......

we are over that, JUST like the Europe will eventually if is can mange not to Start World War 3 by Letting it's Cowards Run Rampant.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:I know another example of how Europe still exists in an imaginary world from 20 years ago.
Razz Razz Razz Razz

You lot all Called us Racist BACK THEN because we were going through the early stages of Multiculturalism like you are now with all the bleating from Cowards about how it's the end of the world blah blah blah......

we are over that, JUST like the Europe will eventually if is can mange not to Start World War 3 by Letting it's Cowards Run Rampant.

Look perfect example showing an intolerant of some people

The above is being bigoted and having a sense of humour failure

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:33 am

I've always thought it was easier for an Aussie to come over here to work than it is for a Brit to go and work in Australia.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:38 am

I don't like the wording "you lot" it screams" I am racist"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:40 am

nicko wrote:I don't like the wording "you lot"  it screams" I am racist"

And? It's Veya who said it, and it's obvious he's racist.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:23 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I've always thought it was easier for an Aussie to come over here to work than it is for a Brit to go and work in Australia.

I was just going to say that, or words to that effect.
I found this, funny how Veya makes out like Aussies are sooooo welcoming!
They are picky and come across as more "closed" than the uk!!

Can I Emigrate To Australia?

Australia are very picky these days as to who they accept to Emigrate and with most people the first question is Can I Emigrate to Australia?

It is no longer a straightforward or easy process. Your UK Passport doesn’t carry the weight it once did in the World. These days emigration is about you, your skills and what you can bring to Australian economy, not just in the first few months but for the rest of your life, your partners and even your children’s lives. Migration is driven by statistical models and population profiling on the part of the Australian Government which is used to create the laws, processes and to determine who can emigrate to Australia and who cannot

http://www.letsgo-global.com/emigrate-to-australia/can-i-emigrate-to-australia/

Last edited by eddie on Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Thought you would be happy about this veya... as it is a consequent of our govts allowing unlimited foreigners in from EU and high levels of Muslims in...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down