NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers

+3
Fuzzy Zack
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers Empty Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Apparently all Muslims hate Remembrance Day.
Well, that’s if Britain First and are to be believed – but unsurprisingly, they’re talking total BS.
And if you need proof, here it is:
Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers Poppy2(Picture: Hazik Rahman/Twitter)
These pictures show fundraisers from the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association (AMYA), waiting around in miserable weather, selling poppies.

Not only that.
In July, 25 AMYA members hiked in the Bavarian Alps to raise money for the Royal British Legion – four months before Remembrance Day.
In the end, they raised £5,964.89.
Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers Poppy11(Picture: Hazik Rahman/Twitter)
Deborah Armantrading, north west London community fundraiser for the Royal British Legion, said in July that AMYA has always been a great supporter.

‘The association has been crucial in raising funds for the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal for several years participating in mass collections all over the UK, providing us with a significant number of volunteer collectors and raising amazing totals,’ she said.

‘The Legion is extremely pleased with the enthusiasm and commitment from all of the volunteers. We enjoy working with AMYA as they are dedicated and passionate about their charity work, and the Poppy Appeal would not be the same without their help.’

This isn’t the first time the group has raised money for the Poppy Appeal either – they do it every year.
More than 1.3million soldiers from the Indian Army fought in the First World War. Around 400,000 of these soldiers were Muslims.

Mirza Waqas Ahmad, national president of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association, told Metro.co.uk: ‘Service to humanity is part of our faith and collecting for the Poppy Appeal is just one of numerous initiatives.

‘On Remembrance Sunday we held our flagship charity fundraising event, the mercy4mankind charity challenge and have raised almost £400,000 for UK charities, including the Royal British Legion.

‘Our youth are regularly out and about donating blood, planting trees, visiting the sick and elderly, and making a positive contribution to the community and country as a whole.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/07/think-Muslims-dont-like-poppies-maybe-you-should-see-these-volunteers-5486123/?ito=facebook
‘We do this as Islam teaches us service to humanity.’

Back to top Go down

Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers Empty Re: Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:00 pm

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/ottoman-empire-declares-a-holy-war

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers Empty Re: Think Muslims don’t like poppies? Maybe you should see these volunteers

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Yep, there was so many Muslims fighting with Germany in the trenches.  Good grief!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:28 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/ottoman-empire-declares-a-holy-war

So maybe Tommy can explain why this declaration of a holy war fell on deaf ears and in fact many Arabs from within the Ottoman Empire fought against the Ottoman Turks?
Also lets not forget the Jewish Legion either that fought for the British against the Ottoman Turks..

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:44 am

The war wasn't just happening in the trenches and only against the Germans Sassy...

And I am surprised you both try to down play the historical realities of what went on... oh no I'm not because it is just more pro Muslim propaganda...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:47 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The war wasn't just happening in the trenches and only against the Germans Sassy...

And I am surprised you both try to down play the historical realities of what went on... oh no I'm not because it is just more pro Muslim propaganda...

The only one being inept here is your understanding of history
Again why is it many Arabs rose up and fought with the British against the Ottoman Turks
You do realise the call to war fell flat, because many as seen rose up against them
So why is it you cannot explain this Tommy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:53 am

Here I will help you Tommy, to help further your education:

In the early days of the First World War a plan was hatched in Berlin to spread revolt among the Muslim populations of the Entente empires. David Motadel looks at the reasons why it failed.

http://www.historytoday.com/david-motadel/jihad-1914

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:59 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwone/middle_east_01.shtml
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:27 am

lol, and Tommy?

Can you explain away why many Arabs rose up against the Ottoman Turks, even after they called for a Jihad?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:34 am

No he can't
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:36 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Well personally, I don't give a shit.

I've donated a grand sum of 1p this year and that was by accident. Wrong charity box.

For those who reply to this or want me to reply to them must declare how much they've donated this year.

And FYI: Muslims did fight alongside the allies during both world wars.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/02/Muslim-soldiers-first-world-war

You think its on how much someone gives? Or that the reality of what percentage of their wealth they give?
Its not a competition

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:05 pm

oh the naivety of those who donate to them Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 pm

That Victor, is a totally vile thing to say, and absolutely incorrect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:38 pm

and you know this with absolute certainty?

How?

or has your hive leader told you so? so it MUST be so?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Lord Foul wrote:and you know this with absolute certainty?

How?

You obviously didn't read it:

Deborah Armantrading, north west London community fundraiser for the Royal British Legion, said in July that AMYA has always been a great supporter.

‘The association has been crucial in raising funds for the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal for several years participating in mass collections all over the UK, providing us with a significant number of volunteer collectors and raising amazing totals,’ she said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:lol! Didge is obviously a coward and a hypocrite.

Yet another immature reply.
Again why do you think how much money you spend makes you in someway better than people that actually do charity work and have done charity work.
So again do you think how much money you spend makes you in someway better than others?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Well personally, I don't give a shit.

I've donated a grand sum of 1p this year and that was by accident. Wrong charity box.

For those who reply to this or want me to reply to them must declare how much they've donated this year.

And FYI: Muslims did fight alongside the allies during both world wars.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/02/Muslim-soldiers-first-world-war

For a poppy? I paid £2 and got two. rabbit
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:45 pm

But for how long & to what depth can these seemingly decent Muslims be trusted? Because at the end of the day,their religion comes first.

It's a shame to say that because the so called moderate Muslims image has been virtually destroyed by the large numbers of so called moderate UK based Muslims who have joined ISIS.

Don't ask me for the exact number or a link as the UK government is keen to keep it covered up.But it is widely believed to be in the hundreds.......that's hundreds of so called UK based moderates,doctors,factory workers,taxi drivers etc,now with ISIS in Syria & Iraq......Because islam came first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:22 pm

sassy wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:and you know this with absolute certainty?

How?

You obviously didn't read it:

yes ...and??

does that change anything?

or are you missing the point?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Not sure why anyone is hating on this thread?
It's showing that people are people no matter who they are or what their God is.

It's nice and that's that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:38 pm

yeah eddie guess you are right

we have been TOLD so

so it is

Blind
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yeah eddie guess you are right

we have been TOLD so

so it is

Blind

lol that smile is brilliant ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:45 pm

yeah...but the guy is blind....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yeah eddie guess you are right

we have been TOLD so

so it is

Blind

What are you saying then? They're extras out of coronation street?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:57 pm

what am I saying...

well ....

we already know for certain that some of the money made by some shops shall we say "ends up in the wrong place"

if you see what I mean.....

so are you 100% confident that 100% of the money raised by such groups goes where it should

and are you equally sure that 0% goes to say ISIS??

I mean if I was an Isis fund master, this is something I would look at...the irony would be delicious
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm sure you have to have the relevant paperwork to collect for charity and how much, if that's the case would they ge able to steal for ISIS?

They collect £100 and steal £25?

That's not exactly a money-spinner Rolling Eyes

I think you'll find that they are just ordinary mulsims collecting for a charity and good on them

I dont think I'm as suspicious as you
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:23 pm

the IRA tried exactly this.....

I dont know how successfully....

so...

and every little helps
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:16 pm

Didge wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:lol! Didge is obviously a coward and a hypocrite.

Again why do you think how much money you spend makes you in someway better than people that actually do charity work and have done charity work.
So again do you think how much money you spend makes you in someway better than others?

Odd that Didge, I remember you a while ago boasting how you had won a large sum of money and donated half of it to charity.

Can you actually remember how much it was and who you gave it to?  Or perhaps you were just trying to make out you were better than other people at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:31 pm

sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

Odd that Didge, I remember you a while ago boasting how you had won a large sum of money and donated half of it to charity.

Can you actually remember how much it was and who you gave it to?  Or perhaps you were just trying to make out you were better than other people at the time.

Did I ask anyone else who had done the same?
No, I was not trying to compare to anyone, so I am afriad your little hissy fit has fallen flat
I boasted I won some money and then did the right thing with half of it. I never once tried to claim I was better than anyone and If I remember you were bitter about that also.
So you really do not understand context or more to the point you need to get over your hatred of people because they disagree with you and learn to grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Didge wrote:
sassy wrote:

No, I was not trying to compare to anyone, so I am afriad your little hissy fit has fallen flat
I boasted I won some money and then did the right thing with half of it.
So you really do not understand context or more to the point you need to get over your hatred of people because they disagree with you and learn to grow up

What hissy fit?  You, at the time, made out you were superior because of the amount and you did compare it.  But you can't remember because it was just a lie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:36 pm

sassy wrote:
Didge wrote:

I boasted I won some money and then did the right thing with half of it.

What hissy fit?  You, at the time, made out you were superior because of the amount and you did compare it.  But you can't remember because it was just a lie.

Now you are inventing lies I see which seems to be a trait you have perfected a great art at.
The only thing I am seeing is you being bitter as per usual.
Zack was making out as if how much you spend makes you in some =way more charitable which I was rightly questioning. Now its not my fault I easily counter your poor arguments all the time, you just need to learn to be a better debator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:38 pm

Didge, you tried to make out that Zack was trying to be superior when you have done exactly the same thing before.  But don't worry if you can't remember how much you gave and who to, because we did realise if was just a boastful lie at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:40 pm

sassy wrote:Didge, you tried to make out that Zack was trying to be superior when you have done exactly the same thing before.  But don't worry if you can't remember how much you gave and who to, because we did realise if was just a boastful lie at the time.

Wrong again, he was trying to make out how much you spend made for being more charitable, ignoring the fact of what people can afford and what people actually do for charity.
Like I say boasting I won something is being happy and rubbing in to small minded people like yourself who because you hate allow yourselves to get wound up. That is your own failing but at no point did I make out I was better.
Like I say stop being bitter you will be old before your time.
Sorry you already are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:42 pm

I think anyone can see that you are the one getting wound up.  And the circustances were exactly the same.   Tell you what, I'll pm Eddie with how much, why and who to, you can do the same, and then we will know whether it was a lie or not.  After all, I wouldn't want to embarrass you on the open board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:45 pm

sassy wrote:I think anyone can see that you are the one getting wound up.  And the circustances were exactly the same.   Tell you what, I'll pm Eddie with how much, why and who to, you can do the same, and then we will know whether it's a lie or not.  After wall, I wouldn't want to embarrass you on the open board.

I am not the one that has come screaming like a nbanshee as you have on here completely derailing the thread as you have inventing lies. So I am fine and dandy, like I said, you need to get over your hate. Which is your issue at the end of the day not mine.
You can attempt to embarress me all you like you usually end up with egg on your face.
Floor is yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Screaming like a banshee?  Dear, dear, you are in a state.  You had made a remark to Zack and I pointed out you had done exactly the same thing you were castigating him for.   However, as you are obviously upset, I'll just pm Eddy with the information, if you don't, I'll realise you don't want to embarrass yourself.

And PS, it's my thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:51 pm

sassy wrote:Screaming like a banshee?  Dear, dear, you are in a state.  You had made a remark to Zack and I pointed out you had done exactly the same thing you were castigating him for.   However, as you are obviously upset, I'll just pm Eddy with the information, if you don't, I'll realise you don't want to embarrass yourself.

And PS, it's my thread.

Again still inventing lies, I guess this stems over getting whooped everytime I show up your poor arguments.
Like I say boasting over winning money which you have a melt down over, until I stated I gave half to charity is so far removed it is beyond belief. Its the forums thread, you do n ot own it and derailing is against the rules I might add. I asked a genuine questioin to zack which he replied with his typical immature reply for you to jump in and deciding to start a fight based off your own hated.
That just makes me laugh to be honest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:52 pm

PM sent to Eddie with the information, up to you what you do next.  I'm off to make OH's lunch for tomorrow.  Byeeeeeee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:55 pm

sassy wrote:PM sent to Eddie with the information, up to you what you do next.  I'm off to make OH's lunch for tomorrow.  Byeeeeeee

That is a shame, I was hoping you were going to post here what ever you were going to post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:

Again still inventing lies, I guess this stems over getting whooped everytime I show up your poor arguments.
Like I say boasting over winning money which you have a melt down over, until I stated I gave half to charity is so far removed it is beyond belief. Its the forums thread, you do n ot own it and derailing is against the rules I might add. I asked a genuine questioin to zack which he replied with his typical immature reply for you to jump in and deciding to start a fight based off your own hated.
That just makes me laugh to be honest

I stated clearly that I only donated 1p this year.

How's that boasting?

Perhaps for insecure people like yourself, I should have stated if people had donated or not.

There's no need to make a big deal out of it.

Yet another silly immature emotive reply again going off emotions, when you have no clue about psychology.

Its no big deal to me, I was just asking you a valid question which now sassy thinks you must be wrong to say as she thinks I am culpable of saying the same.
That is what I find the funniest and I doubt she has even realised that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Lest we forget

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:44 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yet another silly immature emotive reply again going off emotions, when you have no clue about psychology.

Its no big deal to me, I was just asking you a valid question which now sassy thinks you must be wrong to say as she thinks I am culpable of saying the same.
That is what I find the funniest and I doubt she has even realised that.

"Again why do you think how much money you spend makes you in someway better than people that actually do charity work and have done charity work."

That my friend is a statement, not a question.

So yes, you did throw a hissy fit and made an incorrect assumption.

You made a big deal out of it, where nobody else did. That indicates you are insecure.

No it was a question where I failed to add the question mark

You do reaslise the word why is forumulating a question

Again another feeble claim to understanding psychology

It seems you are the one here getting as worked up as sassy over something so simply asked and now I find it even funnier, but I suppose this is all you have to counter with after being resoundly shown up on the Israeli-Palestinian conflicts.

Hey ho, you need to learn you have no ethical reasoning to your points, though at least you are not as bad as sassy where she fabricates and fails to understand how irresponsible she is with what she posts over the internent that it can and does incite violence.

So I shall allow you to huff and puff and sulk, because at the end of the day the two of you cannot formulate a decent debate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:49 pm

Didge wrote:lol, and Tommy?

Can you explain away why many Arabs rose up against the Ottoman Turks, even after they called for a Jihad?

The aftermath

The war ended with the British occupying the territory that was to become Iraq, Palestine, Trans-Jordan, Syria and Lebanon.  With the Ottoman Empire destroyed, Russia paralysed by foreign intervention and civil war, and French influence limited somewhat by their minor military role in the Middle East, Britain's military success made her the dominant power in the region.  The resulting settlement, which fostered an instability that continues to be a source of conflict today, generated much controversy at the time and has continued to do so ever since.  

Employing bags of gold, the diplomacy of Lawrence of Arabia, and promises of Arab independence, the British had encouraged an Arab uprising in 1916 against the Turks. Although the Hashemite Arabs were rewarded with considerable territory
, they and other Arab nationalists believed that they had been 'robbed' when the British did not fully deliver on their pledges of independence.  They believed that the western powers, especially the British, had acted with arrogance, drawing borders and creating nations with little or no regard for the wishes of the local inhabitants.
The fate of Palestine, occupied by the British, especially provoked Arab frustration and anger.  (In 1917 the British Foreign Secretary, Arthur Balfour, had supported a Jewish home in Palestine.)
But in important respects the Arab view of the peace settlement (which is supported by many western historians) is a caricature of what actually happened. In a revisionist work, Efraim Karsh and Inari Karsh have made a convincing argument that many forces, both local and foreign, were at work at the time the settlement was agreed.  In their words, 'even at the weakest point in their modern history, during the First World War and its immediate wake, Middle Eastern actors were not hapless victims of predatory imperial powers, but active participants in the restructuring of their region.'
They argue, for example, that Iraq and Trans-Jordan were not simply British inventions, but owed their existence to a compromise between Hashemite imperial greed and well-intended British efforts to meet local needs and allay the fears and suspicions of their allies.
It is perhaps only proper to note that if Germany had won the war, the Ottoman Empire would have been expanded, subjecting many Arabs and other nationalities to its rule. And if the French and British had granted 'self-determination' to the inhabitants of this region it is possible that the result would have been the balkanisation of the area, with fragile and often antagonistic fiefdoms and kingdoms prevailing. It seems likely that, no matter how this war in the Middle East had been resolved, the region was destined to suffer instability and conflict in the years ahead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/wwone/middle_east_01.shtml

Maybe you and les should have actually read the whole link I posted earlier... or maybe you should have really known the answer that you pretend to already know...!?

lol!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:54 pm

PMSL

So where the Jihad was called before 1916, Tommy has still not explained why Muslims would superscede their own faith, if as he believes its a Muslims duty to do so?
I mean independence or not or even money, are you proving that Muslims do not then follow such calls for jihad, no matter off the supreme Ruler?

Oh dear has just walked into a trap he is never going to get out of.

Ha ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:10 pm

A very interesting part of article...

The fate of Palestine, occupied by the British, especially provoked Arab frustration and anger.  (In 1917 the British Foreign Secretary, Arthur Balfour, had supported a Jewish home in Palestine.)
But in important respects the Arab view of the peace settlement (which is supported by many western historians) is a caricature of what actually happened.In a revisionist work, Efraim Karsh and Inari Karsh have made a convincing argument that many forces, both local and foreign, were at work at the time the settlement was agreed.  In their words, 'even at the weakest point in their modern history, during the First World War and its immediate wake, Middle Eastern actors were not hapless victims of predatory imperial powers, but active participants in the restructuring of their region.'
They argue, for example, that Iraq and Trans-Jordan were not simply British inventions, but owed their existence to a compromise between Hashemite imperial greed and well-intended British efforts to meet local needs and allay the fears and suspicions of their allies.

And dodge... the promise of money and power was obviously too much for those who follow the example of their leader who was all about money and power...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next