NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama sends openly LGBT representatives to Russian Olympics

+2
David
Ben Reilly
6 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obama sends openly LGBT representatives to Russian Olympics - Page 2 Empty Obama sends openly LGBT representatives to Russian Olympics

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano will lead the U.S. delegation to the opening ceremonies of the Winter Olympics next year in Sochi, Russia.
The White House says tennis champion Billie Jean King and U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul will join the opening ceremony delegation. So will figure skater Brian Boitano and presidential adviser Rob Nabors.

Deputy Secretary of State Bill Burns will lead the closing ceremony delegation. He will be joined by McFaul, Olympic medal-winners Bonnie Blair, a speed skater; Caitlin Cahow, an ice hockey player; and Eric Heiden, a speed skater.

King and Cahow are both openly gay athletes. Gay rights groups have urged the Obama administration to use the delegation selection to make a point about Russia's treatment of gays and lesbians.

"The U.S. Delegation to the Olympic Games represents the diversity that is the United States. All our delegation members are distinguished by their accomplishments in government service, civic activism, and sports. We are proud of each and every one of them and think they will serve as great ambassadors of the United States to the Olympic Games," the president said in a statement.

Asked during an August press conference whether the U.S. should boycott the Sochi games in response to Russia's record on gay rights, Mr. Obama said, "One of the things I’m really looking forward to is maybe some gay and lesbian athletes bringing home the gold or silver or bronze, which I think would go a long way in rejecting the kind of attitudes that we’re seeing there. And if Russia doesn’t have gay or lesbian athletes, then that would probably make their team weaker.”

Nice thumb of the nose to the land of hate!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-includes-openly-gay-athletes-in-2014-olympic-delegation/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Obama sends openly LGBT representatives to Russian Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama sends openly LGBT representatives to Russian Olympics

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:07 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
Sassy wrote:

No its not LOL

Darling Sassy I'll be honest.......I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

What shall I do?

Oh dear, I'd heard that was a problem for you.  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Obama sends openly LGBT representatives to Russian Olympics - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama sends openly LGBT representatives to Russian Olympics

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:09 pm

Sassy wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Darling Sassy I'll be honest.......I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

What shall I do?

Oh dear, I'd heard that was a problem for you.   lol! 

Cheeky bugger pirat 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:12 pm

£BILLION£ wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Oh dear, I'd heard that was a problem for you.   lol! 

Cheeky bugger pirat 

Ah, you then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Sassy wrote:
£BILLION£ wrote:

Cheeky bugger pirat 

Ah, you then.

.....One of the idiot morons that tried to get LW posters removed from ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:22 pm

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Ah, you then.

Try to control your emotions and don't lie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Shady wrote:
Catman wrote:

He's not lying is he, remember winding Seren up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

He's not lying is he, remember winding Seren up?  

I'm not surprised he poked his nose in on this thread, he hates gay related news stories with a passion!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Even if he does wear lacy undies  Twisted Evil lol. Why else the terrible macho avatar that he thinks frightens people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Sassy wrote:Even if he does wear lacy undies  Twisted Evil lol.   Why else the terrible macho avatar that he thinks frightens people.

lol!  When did he say that he wore lacy undies? That pirate impression that he's been doing for years now is a bit weird for a grown man  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:14 pm

Catman wrote:
Sassy wrote:Even if he does wear lacy undies  Twisted Evil lol.   Why else the terrible macho avatar that he thinks frightens people.

lol!  When did he say that he wore lacy undies? That pirate impression that he's been doing for years now is a bit weird for a grown man  Laughing

He never said it love, I just am firmly of the opinion that men who try to be ultra macho are hiding something underneath lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Sassy wrote:
Catman wrote:

He never said it love, I just am firmly of the opinion that men who try to be ultra macho are hiding something underneath lol

Oh...I get you now  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:58 am

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2