NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian government planned to disrupt Summer Olympics in Japan

3 posters

Go down

Russian government planned to disrupt Summer Olympics in Japan Empty Russian government planned to disrupt Summer Olympics in Japan

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:38 pm

Russian military intelligence services were planning a cyber-attack on the Japanese-hosted Olympics and Paralympics in Tokyo this summer in a bid to disrupt the world’s premier sporting event, the UK National Cyber Security Centre has revealed, disclosing a joint operation with the US intelligence agencies.

The Russian cyber-reconnaissance work covered the Games organisers, logistics services and sponsors and was under way before the Olympics was postponed due to coronavirus.

Many previous ascribed Russian cyber-attacks have been against the state institutions of Moscow’s political opponents, but some cyber-activity has been directed at the agencies conducting inquiries into Russian sports doping.

The new evidence is the first indication that Russia was prepared to go as far as to disrupt the summer Games, from which all Russian competitors had been excluded because of persistent state-sponsored doping offences.

The UK has also become the first government to confirm details of the breadth of a previously reported Russian attempt to disrupt the 2018 winter Olympics and Paralympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. It declared with what it described as 95% confidence that the disruption of both the winter and summer Olympics was carried out remotely by the GRU unit 74455.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/19/russia-planned-cyber-attack-on-tokyo-olympics-says-uk
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Russian government planned to disrupt Summer Olympics in Japan Empty Re: Russian government planned to disrupt Summer Olympics in Japan

Post by eddie Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Someone should disrupt the Olympics. It’s a snooze-fest. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Russian government planned to disrupt Summer Olympics in Japan Empty Re: Russian government planned to disrupt Summer Olympics in Japan

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:42 pm

I tend to agree, really have no interest in sport although all my family love it so I get stuck with it sometimes.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:59 pm

Vintage wrote:I tend to agree, really have no interest in sport although all my family love it so I get stuck with it sometimes.

I don’t mind watching England in the World Cup but apart from that...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down