NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you were a Refugee

+3
eddie
Ben Reilly
nicko
7 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

If you were a Refugee - Page 5 Empty If you were a Refugee

Post by Guest Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Watching and reading all the media coverage on the refugee crisis has got me thinking of how I would feel and what I would do if I were a refugee fleeing from a war torn country and what would be the best for me and my family. Yes, I would be immensely relieved to reach the first safe country and grateful for help received. But would that be enough for me? On really thinking it through, no it wouldn't.

Having fled my country of birth and leaving behind my home, job, belongings, I would be wanting to seek a new life in the best country possible, that is able to help me the most in starting a new life. So no, I wouldn't settle for just the first safe country I came too. If you look at it through the eyes of a refugee, you would want too, what's best for your family, especially after all they have suffered and the atrocities witnessed. So I wouldn't begrudge these refugees who pass through other countries before arriving in Europe or to come to the UK if that is their choice. I'm very much sure that if you were in their situation, you too would want to seek help and support in the best place possible.

Back to top Go down

If you were a Refugee - Page 5 Empty Re: If you were a Refugee

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:You cannot on one hand argue for the EU on the principle that we are all the same etc... while then arguing that some EU countries are different to others, when all EU countries are bound by the same rules!!!

EU rules state that refugees must declare themselves and register their claim of asylum in The first EU country they enter.

It's rules and not law. And what you say is not quite the case. Here' the document that should be provided to every asylum seeker entering their first EU country.

If you were a Refugee - Page 5 Asylum10

There are many factors involved in where people can claim asylum and anyway hardly any EU country complies with the Dublin agreement. It just doesn't work.

Germany scapped it just a few days ago,

oh well thats alright then....if we dont like an e.u rule we shall just scrap it then....

so much for E.U rules....

or is this just a lefty thing...if its not a lefty satisfying rule scrap it......pick and choose......

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Some countries can opt in to some things and opt out of others Vic. It wasn't an EU legal requirement.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5