NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air

2 posters

Go down

Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air Empty Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:43 pm

Newly obtained video footage shows two Texas police officers fatally shooting 41-year-old Gilbert Flores, who was holding his arms up in the air.
Bexar County Sheriff’s Deputies Greg Vasquez and Robert Sanchez killed the suspect after responding to a domestic disturbance call on Friday. Police said that an 18-month-old baby was injured and a woman had a cut on her forehead. ABC affiliate KSAT-12 released graphic footage of the shooting taken by Michael Thomas, a motorist who witnessed the shooting in passing. Kenneth Williams, a professor at South Texas College of Law, told the New York Times that it “appears that the victim had his hands in the air at the time that he was shot.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/cell-phone-video-shows-texas-police-fatally-shooting-man-who-held-his-arms-in-the-air-10481710.html

Back to top Go down

Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air Empty Re: Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:03 pm

Without looking...I'm wondering if it is Harris County. That place has become the witch's den.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air Empty Re: Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:06 pm

No...okay, it's Bexar County, due west of Harris County, on I-10.  It's San Antonia, prettiest city in Texas.

But still...South Texas.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:28 pm

The trouble with all of these incidents is that we never hear about them again. I was looking for updates on a number of similar incidents, but I can't find anything.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:36 pm

This take time to investigate.
Well over a yearin some cases.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Cuchulain wrote:This take time to investigate.

Yes. By the time they do investigate it, everyone's forgotten what happened. I have some key words to put into Google though, so I can try and keep track for the next five years or so.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes. By the time they do investigate it, everyone's forgotten what happened. I have some key words to put into Google though, so I can try and keep track for the next five years or so.

Keep the links also as it would be good if you update on them.

Ta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

All too often we never find out the truth just the headlines.  In the past I've always tried to link updates to the original posts, would be interested to see what you find out Raggs Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air Sherlo10

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Keep the links also as it would be good if you update on them.

Ta

Hmmmm. Tbh, I don't like keeping too many links - I like my computer to be a bit minimalist. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:48 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

All too often we never find out the truth just the headlines.  In the past I've always tried to link updates to the original posts, would be interested to see what you find out Raggs Cell phone video shows Texas police fatally shooting man who held his arms in the air Sherlo10

There was the incident involving the chap who allegedly stole some pizza, and who got slapped around by some police officers.

There's the chap who was shot in a park, and an officer allegedly dropped a taser next to him and said he stole it.

There was one where an officer went into a building and came out backwards shooting at some chap who subsequently died.

There are others, but those are the ones I can remember at the moment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:49 pm

Oh, and there's the lady who died in police custody - allegedly by hanging herself, and another one who was arrested in a car park.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

What a great idea. You can keep some site addys in a file in addition to key words, sorted out either by key words or by the specific story. Keep it in a file called, 'stories - history'.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down