NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan

+5
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
nicko
eddie
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Empty James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

James Bond will be black before he's gay, is the opinion of former 007 Pierce Brosnan.

And the Irish star thinks it would be marvellous for "a great black actor" to pick up the baton for cinema's most enduring secret agent.

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 O-IDRIS-ELBA-570

Pierce Brosnan believes Idris Elba to be an actor with the necessary presence and charisma for Bond

During a chat to promote his own film 'No Escape', Pierce is inevitably asked about Bond, and he tells Details magazine,

"Let's start with a great black actor being James Bond. Idris Elba certainly has the physicality, the charisma, the presence. But I think Daniel [Craig] will be there for a while yet."

He's less sure about the prospect of a gay James Bond any time soon, however.

He explains, "I don't know how it would work. I don't think Barbara [Broccoli, the James Bond producer] would allow a gay Bond to happen in her lifetime. But it would certainly make for interesting viewing."

Barbara Broccoli has managed the Bond franchise impeccably since inheriting it from her late father Cubby. There is no inference by Pierce that she lacks tolerance for gay people or roles, more that her protectiveness of the role as it was created by writer Ian Fleming is well known, and one of Bond's most celebrated talents/flaws is his enduring success with the ladies.

Daniel Craig will be taking the role of 007 for the fourth time in the forthcoming 'Spectre', and there has long been speculation that, when the time comes to replace him, a black actor could step in. Idris Elba is the obvious choice, although he appeared to have ruled himself out of consideration a year ago, saying he'd broken the rule of talking about it, because he kept being asked.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/08/26/james-bond-black-actor-pierce-brosnan-gay_n_8041866.html?utm_hp_ref=uk-entertainment&ir=UK+Entertainment

I James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Smiley18 Idris, he's absolutely gorgeous and very talented James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Love_711 I'd be his Bond girl any day, if I had the chance Sad

Back to top Go down

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Empty Re: James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan

Post by eddie Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:17 am

Eilzel wrote:I love the Bond films. Have since I was about 8 years old. As I've already said I'd prefer him to stay white and straight- but it isn't going to have spitting feathers or boycotting if they do cast Idris, whatever, it'll still be a Bond film and no doubt a good one- whatever.

The only real exceptions I make are with real characters or characters who, historically, wouldn't have been black.

Like Helen Mirren playing Bob Marley?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Empty Re: James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan

Post by nicko Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:23 am

Could a white man play Nelson Mandela?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:26 am

Nope.
I'd give it a good go though if the price was right!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:56 am

Eilzel wrote:I agree, but it's serious business for some lol

indeed, but not I suspect for the reasons YOU think

this is the media industry

infested with liberalist lefty PC nut jobs pushing the lefty agenda

in other words fiddling about with things that have no need to be fiddled about with, just for the sake of looking "inclusive" or some other such nonsense.

I suppose we shouldnt be surprised howevere, since this is what lefties do best

they cant govern...anything....but only "fiddle with things"

what next...a golliwog cast as noddy? (actually in the books the golliwogs have been changed to goblins Rolling Eyes )

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:10 am

I don't think it makes much differebce tbh victor. If the makers want a black Bond so be it, the market will decide if it does well.

Nicko, Mandela was a real person, Bond is not.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:27 pm

nicko wrote:Could a white man play Nelson Mandela?

I suppose you could have that, if it were a work of fiction.  Fiction is about the suspension of disbelief.  http://www.fictionfactor.com/guests/disbelief.html  James Bond is a fictional character.

However, Nelson Mandela was a real person.  That gets in the way of 'suspension of disbelief'.  People expect when you write about Nelson Mandela, you will tell us stories about real life.  That destroys our mood for accepting fiction.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:45 pm

nicko wrote:Could a white man play Nelson Mandela?

If Ridley Scott is in charge of Casting Damn right he will be Wink

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ridley-Scott-Casts-White-Men-Play-Egyptians-Explains-His-Choices-66972.html

Despite the fact that Ridley Scott's new movie Exodus: Gods and Kings in largely set in ancient Egypt, you'll notice that the cast of lead actors is basically completely dominated by white dudes. Bringing the titular biblical story to life will be the likes of Christian Bale as Moses and Joel Edgerton as Ramses. Over the past few months, the movie has been dealing with a bit of controversy due to this aspect - some moviegoers claiming "whitewashing"

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Ridley_scott_66972
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Bond is a work of fiction but is a white British character of Scottish stock... this is clearly defined.

There is no need to deviate away from this being represented in casting.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:39 pm

I think the next Bond should be Chris Evans.

There, I said it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:00 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think the next Bond should be Chris Evans.

There, I said it.

Is he as annoying over there as he is over here?

(We are talking the ginger bloke with glasses?)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:06 pm

There, I said it.

Not a bad shout there chief although I would habe gone for Russell Brand myself. Smile
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:46 pm

Aidan Turner

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Poldark-AidanTurner2

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 2015-03-21_new_7971807_I3

Need I say more lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:49 pm

I think we should have a female Bond - Janine Bond.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:52 pm

sassy wrote:Aidan Turner

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Poldark-AidanTurner2

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 2015-03-21_new_7971807_I3

Need I say more lol

Oh my! I just had to log in to voice my approval lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Christie wrote:
sassy wrote:Aidan Turner

Need I say more lol

One of the few things that make me wish to be young again, just for a few days, in his company Wheeeeeeeeeeeew!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:57 pm

sassy wrote:
Christie wrote:

One of the few things that make me wish to be young again, just for a few days, in his company Wheeeeeeeeeeeew!

You and me both girl !! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:00 pm

Let's have all the lefties suggested improvements together in one overall 'better, more diverse and inclusive bond... let him be a gay black lesbian Muslim woman, trapped in the body of a Chinese dwarf man child... in a wheel chair... with a Dick as a clit...

And let's make the new adventures about how they overcame adversity in the prejudiced SIXHIRB world of the white English man oppressors...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:04 pm

Tommy, putting a LOL at the end of your post doesn't make you look any less of a moron you know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:08 pm

Rewriting anything white British into some pc driven warped multicultural falsehood doesn't make it any less racist...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:15 pm

Idris Elba would be great because he has the charisma, the sexiness and the cool of James Bond, but I'd go with Aidan Turner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 pm

He ain't all that ... he's too hairy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:22 pm

I cannot stand men who wax, girly or what!  Men are supposed to have hair because of testosterone, no testosterone, no hair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:24 pm

sassy wrote:I cannot stand men who wax, girly or what!  Men are supposed to have hair because of testosterone, no testosterone, no hair.

Some men naturally have less body hair - that doesn't mean they wax. I just don't like excessive body hair.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:25 pm

We'll have to agree to differ, I don't like smooth men, give me a hairy chest any day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:37 pm

The James Bond characters can be anything they want after Ian Flemings novels because the screenplays etc. were not written by him.
Before that Bond was white as potrayed in the movies and nothing is going to change that.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:40 am

That Adrian bloke is pretty nice....I have to say.
Bit too skinny but I won't complain lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:43 am

eddie wrote:That Adrian bloke is pretty nice....I have to say.
Bit too skinny but I won't complain lol!

Lol!!!  He's the new Poldark, very brooding with a social conscience and prepared to fight for those who have been done down.  Now if I had to list the things I required in an ideal man, they would be it, combined with what he looks like, POW!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:51 am

When I see these James Bond characters I think it should have been me. Right generation, right nationality, right city, right accent and roughly the same height 6' 2". He used to have a pint in the Clachan in Fountainbridge before going to the palais same as me so why not?

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:58 am

Errrrr - you don't act?  Might make it a bit difficult lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:05 am

Well according to Ian Fleming neither could Connery who he said was workng class and the wrong choice.

I was working class as well and I used to act as either a mod or a rocker depending on the situation and did quite well so I think you are being a bit harsh here Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:10 am

OK, in that case we'll let you have a go, got your dinner suit and bow tie at the ready?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:15 am

The names Bru - Irn Bru

Nothing wrong with that is there? Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:17 am

Sounds ok to me!  Night Irn, off to bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:48 am

eddie wrote:

There, I said it.

Ginger with glasses, exactly.

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 1311353993_chris-evans-bio-402

Razz Razz Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:23 am

sassy wrote:Errrrr - you don't act?  Might make it a bit difficult lol

Let him dream...... Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:24 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

There, I said it.

Ginger with glasses, exactly.

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 1311353993_chris-evans-bio-402

Razz Razz Razz

Oh! That's not the Chris Evans I thought you meant! lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Empty Bond Author Sorry For Elba 'Street' Comments

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Anthony Horowitz, who has penned the latest 007 novel, apologises for saying the actor is "too street" to be James Bond.

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Gettyimages-456516078-1-736x414

The author behind the new James Bond novel has apologised to fans after he claimed Idris Elba would be "too street" to play the iconic spy.

Anthony Horowitz had said the actor, renowned for playing Nelson Mandela in a recent biopic, was not "suave" enough to be 007.

However, the 60-year-old insisted there was no "colour issue", as he believed Adrian Lester would be a better choice as the first black Bond.

On Twitter, Horowitz said he was "mortified to have caused offence" with his remarks in the Daily Mail at the weekend.

He insisted his choice of the word "street" only related to Elba's role as a detective in the gritty crime drama Luther.

http://news.sky.com/story/1545123/bond-author-sorry-for-elba-street-comments

Well I should flippin think so James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Giggle13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:21 pm

Yikes! As for being "street," it worked in Kingsmen Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:41 pm

My name is Bond... Jamal 'brup brup brup' Bond... license to kill, steal, do whatever I feel... yeah... ya get me...!? Allow it by pc impunity... guaranteed immunity... just use the 'is it cos I'm black!?' excusery...!!!

Part of the Notting Hill Set 'carnival' community...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:34 pm

Hahahahahaha Tommy lol!

My son and I, muck about and talk to each other like that as do my friend and I (who is black yes, but doesn't talk like that)
Always makes me laugh.

Anyway, as I read that article all I thought was, as I always do; "Why do white people always feel the need to apologise to a black person or an Indian person etc when they deny them something or say no?"

That's what I mean when I say; people say they don't see colour but they do, even when and especially when, they're trying to be nice!!!

Fuck that! The answer is no, I dint think you're right for the part.......
next!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:36 pm

Furthermore, how patronising to Idris!

"Oh it's not because you're black....I love 'em! I really so!"

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:00 pm

You liking my south east side street vibe, Eddie?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:17 pm

I do it all the time! Makes me laugh every time.
Nems and I do it too, but like the old Ali G stylee.

I like that sense of humour - our house is probably considered to be riddled with un-PC language.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I think we should have a female Bond - Janine Bond.

the prefect British actress for the role But it think Jamie bond (since Jamie has become a gender neutral name)
Gugu Mbatha-Raw
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1813221/

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 Gugu-Mbatha-Raw-Town-Country-USA-March-2015-2
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:24 am

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 AqXgFVT
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:34 am

The most famous Bond girl of all...

James Bond Will Be Black Before He's Gay, Says Former 007 Pierce Brosnan - Page 3 0
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3