NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enjoy the quiet life on the beautiful British islands

Go down

Enjoy the quiet life on the beautiful British islands Empty Enjoy the quiet life on the beautiful British islands

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:30 pm

From the Shetlands in the sub-Arctic north down to the Isles of Scilly in the subtropical south-west, Britain’s coastline is scattered with thousands of islands.  Most are holms and skerries or tiny crags of rock inhabited by seals and seabirds. But for those who dream of an offshore life, a world away from the rat race, there are more than 150 inhabited islands from which to choose. Among these are tiny private islands, remote, one-shop islands – the kind of places where knitting or weaving are still described as industries – and rugged islands with soaring cliffs that rear out of the sea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/11816608/Enjoy-the-quiet-life-on-the-beautiful-British-islands.html

Back to top Go down

Enjoy the quiet life on the beautiful British islands Empty Re: Enjoy the quiet life on the beautiful British islands

Post by Irn Bru Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:08 am

The Fair Isle are looking for people to move there due to a dwindling population. As long as you can knit you will be fine. Seriously, they are.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/environment/remote-fair-isle-seeking-new-residents-1-3816743

A remote Scottish island is seeking to attract new residents as it battles to ensure it remains inhabited.

Fair Isle lies 25 miles off the southern tip of Shetland and is home to 55 people.

However with a large share of its population made up of elderly residents, the Fair Isle Community Association commissioned a consultant to identify ways to secure a viable future for the National Trust-owned island.

The plan to boost the island’s fortunes include the building of new homes and refurbishing of existing empty properties with an improved ferry service to Shetland also planned.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Enjoy the quiet life on the beautiful British islands Empty Re: Enjoy the quiet life on the beautiful British islands

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:13 am

Love to, but not with the knitting, drives me crazy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:50 am

sassy wrote:Love to, but not with the knitting, drives me crazy!

They brew their own booze. I've not tried theirs but I have tried the home brew in the Orkney Islands and woke up the next day with the hangover from hell and a chain of love bites round my neck. I can't even remember who she was. Had to rush to the shops and by a polo neck sweater and it was the middle of summer. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:51 am

Hope that was before you got married!  Sound like fun, the island life just got more appealing lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:55 am

sassy wrote:Hope that was before you got married!  Sound like fun, the island life just got more appealing lol

Lomg before I got married. I felt used Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:58 am

Ah, poor you lol.  Must have been really awful Rolling Eyes  Enjoy the quiet life on the beautiful British islands 2022273579

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down