NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'

+2
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  Empty I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:53 pm

,,,,,,,as she returns to UK thousands of pounds in debt

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6417829/British-woman-60-spent-90-000-life-savings-Sri-Lankan-toyboy-returns-UK.html

Give me strength

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  Empty Re: I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:07 pm

gelico wrote:

,,,,,,,as she returns to UK thousands of pounds in debt

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6417829/British-woman-60-spent-90-000-life-savings-Sri-Lankan-toyboy-returns-UK.html

Give me strength

Rolling Eyes

Dear God, she's living proof there's no fool like an old fool. What a silly cow. How can anyone, in their wildest dreams, think someone that much younger, at that late age, would be remotely likely to commit for life? If she'd have been in her forties, it might have been a different story, but a 60 year old with a 26 year old? That's a 34 year difference FFS
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  Empty Re: I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Dear God, she's living proof there's no fool like an old fool.   What a silly cow.   How can anyone, in their wildest dreams, think someone that much younger, at that late age, would be remotely likely to commit for life?    If she'd have been in her forties, it might have been a different story, but a 60 year old with a 26 year old?   That's a 34 year difference FFS

Seems to happen the other way round though where people do get together.

No idea why mind, that young women, fall for much older men

Daily Mail wrote:Mother, 23, ties the knot with a retired builder 45 YEARS her senior after falling in love at first sight - and reveals having sex every day is the secret to making their relationship work

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6410847/Couple-45-year-age-gap-say-secret-success-sex-DAY.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:12 pm

Anyway, about to watch "The Last Kingdom" series 3

As its out now

Have a good evening everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:19 pm

I think it's tough for women. Throughout their lives the female is essentially sought after, then one day she no longer has that attraction. By contrast, the male grows more silver and attractive with age.

The woman is trying to recreate that allure, and money is the only thing that works...until it's gone.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:I think it's tough for women.  Throughout their lives the female is essentially sought after, then one day she no longer has that attraction.  By contrast, the male grows more silver and attractive with age.

The woman is trying to recreate that allure, and money is the only thing that works...until it's gone.

SEXIST PIG!!!!

However, you are right

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:20 am

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I think it's tough for women.  Throughout their lives the female is essentially sought after, then one day she no longer has that attraction.  By contrast, the male grows more silver and attractive with age.
Original Quill wrote:

SEXIST PIG!!!!

However, you are right

lol!
No he is wrong. Twisted Evil
I have had more offers in the later part of my life than I ever did in the first half. I dont take them up, and they are not offers from toyboys (yuck) but dont let vain older men who are still trying their luck with Lolitas ever put you down by pretending they hold all the cards as they get older....they dont. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:29 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

SEXIST PIG!!!!

However, you are right

lol!
I have had more offers in the later part of my life than I ever did in the first half. I dont take them up, and they are not offers from toyboys (yuck) but dont let vain older men who are still trying their luck with Lolitas ever put you down by pretending they hold all the cards as they get older....they dont. Wink

Good for you.  You are lucky...and in the minority.  Most of the men, while the women's flowers are wilting, are losing interest and have no reason to hook up anyway. The golf clubs beckon.

It's toyboy or nothing. Wink

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:29 am

The lady in the OP, she feels stupid because she was stupid. Every few months we read about yet another gullible older woman being wooed (conned)  by some dusky handsome man half her age who she met on holiday.

They either want her money or a visa..or both. When they have it poor gullible woman is dumped, penniless and often homeless.  Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:31 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

SEXIST PIG!!!!

However, you are right

lol!
I have had more offers in the later part of my life than I ever did in the first half.

you're in a class of your own, syl x

besides which my immediate reaction to quill's post was an image of Richard Gere and I thought ''hmmm, yeah, right''. However on reflection you're right, some older women can look really classy and the men like a dirty old sack of jumble

Some time back I accidentally met someone who used to be in my year at school. He was a cabbie andI only knew it was him cos the cab office gave me his name as a matter of form and it was an unusual name. I asked him what school he used to go to and when he told me i was gobsmacked. The bloody state of him. I didnt tell him I knew him from school but it made me feel quite good about myself

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:36 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Good for you.  You are lucky...and in the minority.  Most of the men, while the women's flowers are wilting, are losing interest and have no reason to hook up anyway.

I know quite a few older women who have met and married (or live happily with) very nice eligible men after they have found themselves single later in life.
The ones who stay single probably choose to, but I doubt any of them consider themselves to be wilting flowers.......and if any man implied they were I bet they would be shown the door pretty quickly. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:47 am

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:
I have had more offers in the later part of my life than I ever did in the first half.

besides which my immediate reaction to quill's post was an image of Richard Gere and I thought ''hmmm, yeah, right''.  However on reflection you're right, some older women can look really classy and the men like a dirty old sack of jumble

Some time back I accidentally met someone who used to be in my year at school.  He was a cabbie andI only knew it was him cos the cab office gave me his name as a matter of form and it was an unusual name.  I asked him what school he used to go to and when he told me i was gobsmacked.  The bloody state of him. I didnt tell him I knew him from school but it made me feel quite good about myself

Twisted Evil

Tell you what Gels, I know just by reading your posts you would be a great catch for some nice man if you were ever interested. Not everyone chooses to get involved again if they have been divorced or widowed, but the great thing is women have the choice nowadays, the days of feeling past it at 50, 60 and over are long gone.

Some men (bless em) are still living with the idea that they get better with age whilst women wilt......silly really because it's the men who suffer from wilt in later years not women. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:49 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Good for you.  You are lucky...and in the minority.  Most of the men, while the women's flowers are wilting, are losing interest and have no reason to hook up anyway.

I know quite a few older women who have met and married (or live happily with) very nice eligible men after they have found themselves single later in life.
The ones who stay single probably choose to, but I doubt any of them consider themselves to be wilting flowers.......and if any man implied they were I bet they would be shown the door pretty quickly. Razz

I'm just saying that men, after say, 55, are looking for something else. Sex for them is a bit of a chore.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:52 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm just saying that men, after say, 55, are looking for something else.  Sex for them is a bit of a chore.

Really?

I guess you missed the article I posted earlier, where the man is having sex everyday

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:57 am

Thor wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I'm just saying that men, after say, 55, are looking for something else.  Sex for them is a bit of a chore.

Really?

I guess you missed the article I posted earlier, where the man is having sex everyday

Maybe. It's just not alluring.

Yes, I missed the article. Haha...but it's not something that would catch my attention.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:58 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

55 is still young enough to have a very healthy sex life Quill, sex often gets better with age, less things to worry about.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:07 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

55 is still young enough to have a very healthy sex life Quill,  sex often gets better with age, less things to worry about.

I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  2190311264 There are already too many things to worry about. After 55, sex diminishes in relative importance. It's the way of things...nature wants those young kids, who have lots of time left, to raise the kids.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:32 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

55 is still young enough to have a very healthy sex life Quill,  sex often gets better with age, less things to worry about.

I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  2190311264 There are already too many things to worry about.  After 55, sex diminishes in relative importance.  It's the way of things...nature wants those young kids, who have lots of time left, to raise the kids.

Nature understands all that, thats why fertility diminishes with age.....anyway with age quality is appreciated more than quantity. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:06 am

I don't think so. It's slim pickings for women these days. I'm glad I'm not single...at any age. Men let themselves go more than women.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:09 am

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

besides which my immediate reaction to quill's post was an image of Richard Gere and I thought ''hmmm, yeah, right''.  However on reflection you're right, some older women can look really classy and the men like a dirty old sack of jumble

Some time back I accidentally met someone who used to be in my year at school.  He was a cabbie andI only knew it was him cos the cab office gave me his name as a matter of form and it was an unusual name.  I asked him what school he used to go to and when he told me i was gobsmacked.  The bloody state of him. I didnt tell him I knew him from school but it made me feel quite good about myself

Twisted Evil

This is so true... Owing to Facebook, I've reconnected with a couple of old flames, and Christ on a Bike, talk about scruffy and old looking. Nobody can keep their looks, I'm aware of that. But you can have grooming and keep yourself nice. Many men don't bother. Unless they're gay. bounce
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  2190311264 There are already too many things to worry about.  After 55, sex diminishes in relative importance.  It's the way of things...nature wants those young kids, who have lots of time left, to raise the kids.

Nature understands all that, thats why  fertility diminishes with age.....anyway with age  quality is appreciated more than quantity. Cool

Sex isn't always about a quick fuck, though. It's a bonding thing too.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:43 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Nature understands all that, thats why  fertility diminishes with age.....anyway with age  quality is appreciated more than quantity. Cool

Sex isn't always about a quick fuck, though.  It's a bonding thing too.

Yep, thats the quality part. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:13 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

quite literally in a lot of cases

a decidedly sticky experience

Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Syl wrote:The lady in the OP, she feels stupid because she was stupid. Every few months we read about yet another gullible older woman being wooed (conned)  by some dusky handsome man half her age who she met on holiday.

They either want her money or a visa..or both. When they have it poor gullible woman is dumped, penniless and often homeless.  Rolling Eyes

Will these women ever learn. Yes Syl my guess is a passport to live here. He's probably married with kids anyway or with someone. They all do it and silly women fall for it. How many times do we read that the man has dumped the woman.

That old saying, if it's too good to be true it probably is, still stands.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

SEXIST PIG!!!!

However, you are right

lol!

You go girl, I'm not surprised, you are very attractive and dont look your age at all. cheers
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Is your real name Barry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFI5Jl_IqsE

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

So we agree.  Sex diminishes in importance with age, at least for men.  As a result, pair-bonding is less and less frequent.  What is it they say?  People have a greater chance of going to the moon then marrying after age 40.

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:32 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I don't think so.   It's slim pickings for women these days.  I'm glad I'm not single...at any age.   Men let themselves go more than women.

Comparatively, that's a matter of opinion.  I don't think there's anything less appealing than those women with fat, bulbous asses, waddling down the hall at the shopping mall.  But, in general, both men and women become less sexually attractive with age...it's nature's way.  That was my point about women--such as in the OP--using money as a substitute to pick up these toyboys.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

So we agree.  Sex diminishes in importance with age, at least for men.  As a result, pair-bonding is less and less frequent.  What is it they say?  People have more of a greater chance of going to the moon then marrying after age 40.

I think sex diminishes faster if the man doesn't look after himself physically. I know plenty of men with good healthy sex lives who are well into their 50s, my husband included in that. I also know people, including myself, who married late.

The fatter and unhealthier you are, the less you can perform.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:42 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

So we agree.  Sex diminishes in importance with age, at least for men.  As a result, pair-bonding is less and less frequent.  What is it they say?  People have more of a greater chance of going to the moon then marrying after age 40.

I think sex diminishes faster if the man doesn't look after himself physically.   I know plenty of men with good healthy sex lives who are well into their 50s, my husband included in that.   I also know people, including myself,  who married late.  

And it occurs quite naturally. It's nature's way. Nature doesn't want 40-year old's to raise babies.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:46 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yep, thats the quality part. I love you

I do feel sorry for people though who's lives utterly revolve around meaningless sex. They turn into dirty old men, and rarely, dirty old women. If I lost my husband, I'd never marry again. I'd be too heartbroken for starters. I certainly wouldn't dream of dating a really young man like that woman.

I had a partner who was 17 years younger than me. But I was 43 at the time and looked about 30. But that gap yawns a lot wider, the older you get and the younger they get, and it doesn't look or feel right, I don't think. It becomes unnatural.

Very old with very young isn't a good mix. Be it with male or female. I hate seeing really old men with very young women. Like grandad's with grandaughters. YUK.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I think sex diminishes faster if the man doesn't look after himself physically.   I know plenty of men with good healthy sex lives who are well into their 50s, my husband included in that.   I also know people, including myself,  who married late.  

And it occurs quite naturally.  It's nature's way.  Nature doesn't want 40-year old's to raise babies.

But 40 isn't old, and most women are still fertile then. Once a woman has gone through menopause then that's nature's way of saying 'no more babies'. Most women hit menopause at 51, come out of it by 55 to 60. But...that doesn't mean your sex life should grind to a halt. For many it doesn't. Why should it?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:06 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

And it occurs quite naturally.  It's nature's way.  Nature doesn't want 40-year old's to raise babies.

But 40 isn't old, and most women are still fertile then.  Once a woman has gone through menopause then that's nature's way of saying 'no more babies'.  Most women hit menopause at 51, come out of it by 55 to 60.   But...that doesn't mean your sex life should grind to a halt.  For many it doesn't.  Why should it?

It's not a matter of "should".  Nature doesn't deal in morals.  Nature just seems to remove people from the parent pool at about 40-years of age.

Attraction diminishing with age seems to be consistent with: less attractive -> less sex -> less procreation.  This works, quite naturally, to keep the parent pool younger.  And a part of that is relatively less interest on the part of the participants.  Nature just seems to turn off the estrogen/testosterone valves.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

But 40 isn't old, and most women are still fertile then.  Once a woman has gone through menopause then that's nature's way of saying 'no more babies'.  Most women hit menopause at 51, come out of it by 55 to 60.   But...that doesn't mean your sex life should grind to a halt.  For many it doesn't.  Why should it?

It's not a matter of "should".  Nature doesn't deal in morals.  Nature just seems to remove people from the parent pool at about 40-years of age.

Attraction diminishing with age seems to be consistent with: less attractive -> less sex -> less procreation.  This works, quite naturally, to keep the parent pool younger.  And a part of that is relative less interest on the part of the participants.

Well for many people attraction does not dimish with age, in fact it becomes even stronger. As you see there is something stronger, that makes people care for each other intently and phsyically into old age. Its called love and when people truely love each other with their hearts. They are as attracted to each other in old age, as they were when they first met. People who fall out of attraction, have simple fallen out of love. Its not the attraction itself, but because they have allowed things to become between them

Hence nature shows you are in fact very mistaken on this. Just ask many couples still in love in old age, that still also have loving sex.

You are lookiing at this more animalistic and forgetting humans are for the main very much different compared to many other animal species, though not unique. Some other species also mate for life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Didge wrote:Well for many people attraction does not imish with age, in fact it becomes even stronger. As you see they is something stronger, that makes people love each other intently and phsyically into old age. Its called love and when people love each other with their hearts. They are as attracvted to each other in old age, as they were when they first met. People who fall out of attraction, have simple fallen out of love. Its not the attraction itself, but because they have allowed things to become between them

Love turns out to be no more than mutual need. But you are right about there being something organic that feeds the need: no longer sexual, it appears as people age to transition into something social.

I think you are on to something, as we all recognize that mankind is social. Something organic is making that so. And it increases with age. That's why I believe socialism is a higher form of political and economic organization.

When I think of lefty's attending to social needs (as distinct from righty's who are preoccupied with self-interest), I imagine it to be something like an organic urge to bond and help one another out. It's fair to call this love, although it might be underlain by something more chemically or neurologically complex.

I am not a neurologist or a chemists, but as a political theorist I have been fascinated by the social nature of human existence. It’s more than just circumstantial. What causes it? How does nature craft the drive?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:39 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

You go girl, I'm not surprised, you are very attractive and dont look your age at all. cheers

Cheques in the post Mags.  I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  2385359624
Hey, I dont take any of these offers up, I am happy with the one I landed (44 years ago next Wednesday)
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:41 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

Cheques in the post Mags.  I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  2385359624
Hey, I dont take any of these offers up, I am happy with the one I landed (44 years ago next Wednesday)

I know you are. Hope my cheque don't bounce I thought he loved me... but he didn't': British woman, 60, who spent her £90,000 life savings on Sri Lankan toyboy, 26, says 'I feel stupid'  3406909858
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Well for many people attraction does not imish with age, in fact it becomes even stronger. As you see they is something stronger, that makes people love each other intently and phsyically into old age. Its called love and when people love each other with their hearts. They are as attracvted to each other in old age, as they were when they first met. People who fall out of attraction, have simple fallen out of love. Its not the attraction itself, but because they have allowed things to become between them

Love turns out to be no more than mutual need.  But you are right about there being something organic that feeds the need: no longer sexual, it appears as people age to transition into something social.

I think you are on to something, as we all recognize that mankind is social.  Something organic is making that so.  And it increases with age.  That's why I believe socialism is a higher form of political and economic organization.

When I think of lefty's attending to social needs (as distinct from righty's who are preoccupied with self-interest), I imagine it to be something like an organic urge to bond and help one another out.  It's fair to call this love, although it might be underlain by something more chemically or neurologically complex.

I am not a neurologist or a chemists, but as a political theorist I have been fascinated by the social nature of human existence.  It’s more than just circumstantial.  What causes it?  How does nature craft the drive?

Those in true love, do not have mutual needs, because their love within themselves, already making them happy, are in no need of affection. Affection, comes naturally to them. Its when people are not happy within themselves, that they then seek attention. As they are not happy within themselves.

Those already bound through love. You think there is a need? A need, is where someone continually yearns for what they cannot have. It is what happens in relationships that go wrong, because people then place unrealistic expectations on a relationship and to me, were never truely in love in the first place. It simple was someone able to make  fix on that need, for an amount of time. Relationships bound through love how no such expectations. They have times where it becomes hard and even difficult, but people work through them when they are in love.

So the reality is that and again I think you are mistaken. Those that have need, are not in love or have fallen out of love. Being that they have still high sex drives. Some people who fall out of love, lose this sex drive due to this and then the partner stray elsewhere Quill, for that affection, because they were never comfortable in themselves or weak, to the view. They took the easy road, seeking affection elsewhere and not the harder road, to resolve problems people may face. Those truely in love, combat anything that is thrown between

I think its difficult to explain love, as it happens not only in relationships, but within family and friends. It has made such bonds between people, whether through war, hardship, or simple a life of fun together for people. So to me, and like you I find this fascinating, but it is easy to see how more social humans have become. One thing always binds a people though sadly and that is an external threat, which is seen time and again within the animal kingdom. People or animals will be drawn to each other, to defend themselves from actual real threats. We saw this very much so with enemies joining together in World War 2, to greater threats.

So to me there is also an evolutionary element here. That people will do many things for love. Look at how even in the animal kingdom, a mother will often do everything to protect her offspring

The reality is though to me, those truely in love, find it easier, because they listen to each other and overcome problems this way. They say love can blind people, but when people are truely in love, it also makes them listen to those they love and strenghens their relationships. Those who do not listen, allow a barrier to form between them. Then one problem unresolved, becomes then a hundred problems and things that never bothered them before and massively now annoying. That is why to me, people should always look to properly resolve that initial problem. One problem unresolved, always turns into many more

I simple think there is actually what we call a few people out there that we call soul mates. Its rare to find, but when people do, that bond is so strong, it lasts a lifetime. That is not me believeing in some religious nonsense on a soul, but how for some reason, some people have such a bond, its as if physical and unbreakable.

I think no political thinking ever comes into that with soulmates, as sometimes even opposites attract and are bound by such love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:25 pm

Didge wrote:Those in true love, do not have mutual needs, because their love within themselves, already making them happy, are in no need of affection.

Sounds an awful lot like some sort of self-entertainment, done in tandem. Well, you figure that one out.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:33 pm

I will add one further thing. Those that think they are in love, like the article here, are being blind to the reality. As that love is something mutally shared. They are blind to this, because in reality, they are in lust and not love. Its what makes so many relationships go wrong. They believe they are in love, but love is a two way street. Hence some will manipulate this to those yearning for love. Hence here the individual, was not happy within themselves and fell prey to those taking advantage of someone so vunerable.

Does that make me feel pity for her?

Absolutely, as she simple wanted love, but because she was not happy within herself and thought she was in love. Shows to me the major differences that there is between love and lust. Lust is a yearning and a need. Love requires no need or yearning.

Its freely given

This was not freely given and was based on ulteria motives.

Money

Hence sadly this woman so yearned for love, she was blind to what was happenning before her own very eyes. If she was happy within herself and not seeking attention. She would have found love freely, from someone that truely wanted to share her love.

People who lust, and fail to love themselves, will go to great lenghs, to find love, never seeking this, because they failed to understand what it means to love themselves. People are more attracted to those happy within who they are. Those who constantly seek a need, will again have expectations and never truely be happy and sadly people can see through this and take advantage.

Sadly as people get older, they become in some cases unhappy with how they look and think materialism, can find a way to combat their needs. Thinking money can buy love.

It never does

Insecurities is then controlling them, when there is no need, because they fail to understand that we are all ineed mortal and that we do grow older. They are simple not excepting this reality

People should never activelly go into any relationship, unless they are happy within themselves. Otherwise, its a recipe for disaster. They will do anything to try and convince people to love them and never find that love. As they fail to understand that loves comes naturally.

Have a good evening people

Last edited by Thor on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Those in true love, do not have mutual needs, because their love within themselves, already making them happy, are in no need of affection.

Sounds an awful lot like some sort of self-entertainment, done in tandem.  Well, you figure that one out.

Have you truely been in love?

That is the real question to ask and not looking to mock either?

Those comfortable within themselves, find it that much easier to find people who will be mutally in love

So how is that then mutual entertainment?

Have you never seen people truely in love, how they can and often giggle like chidren together?

It so powerful, its relly quite magical, as they are so happy, they constantly make each other laugh, without actually trying.

It comes so naturally, as they are so in love and happy together

Its simple how they are with each other and constantly are able to fill each other with happiness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:41 pm

To be fair to this lady, he did actually marry her and he's not with her now because he died. I presume she still owns the house out there so I don't know why she can't sell it and get the money.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Also, not everyone is looking for a partner, whatever their age. I think that a lot of older people in particular aren't that bothered.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Also, not everyone is looking for a partner, whatever their age. I think that a lot of older people in particular aren't that bothered.

Which means they are happy within themselves right, Rags?

Or content even?

To be honest I think that is personally a front

If people could find someone who mutally loved them, then they would be kidding themselves to deny this

Which means they are afraid to fall in love, due to a fear of getting hurt

To me, sadly they are not able to make themselves vunerable to love itself

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Also, not everyone is looking for a partner, whatever their age. I think that a lot of older people in particular aren't that bothered.

Or content even?

If people could find someone who mutally loved them, then they would be kidding themselves to deny this

I don't agree. They might like their own company, and maybe they don't want to compromise or be bothered with a partner. I don't think it's anything to do with getting hurt.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Or content even?

I don't agree. They might like their own company, and maybe they don't want to compromise or be bothered with a partner. I don't think it's anything to do with getting hurt.

Which means they fear love, based on a view they may get hurt

How can someone love something more material than actual love?

When people say they are not bothered translates as major fear

As what do you really have to lose?

I would say this kind of person that places a company over love, has no idea of love and could sadly have been neglected of love

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:50 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I would say this kind of person that places a company over love, has no idea of love and could sadly have been neglected of love

No, it just means they're content on their own.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Content?

You mean hiding away then?

Hence fear

What is wrong with expressing love to those who love you back?

Not knocking, but do you have a loving relationship with your family?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Content?

Hence fear

Just accept that not everyone is like you. They might have a lot of interests or a busy job. They might like their own company. They might not want to be bothered with having to think of someone else. There could be all kinds of reasons.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Content?

Hence fear

Just accept that not everyone is like you. They might have a lot of interests or a busy job. They might like their own company. They might not want to be bothered with having to think of someone else. There could be all kinds of reasons.
Never claimed everyone is like me

Has nothing to do with interests

As everyone either embraces love or fears love

Some hold up an imaginary barrier to love, as they fear love

The reasons are always the same

Fear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next