NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberace film Behind the Candelabra leads Golden Globe TV nominations with four nods

2 posters

Go down

Liberace film Behind the Candelabra leads Golden Globe TV nominations with four nods Empty Liberace film Behind the Candelabra leads Golden Globe TV nominations with four nods

Post by Guest Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:25 pm

HBO’s film about gay pianist Liberace and its cast, are leading the nominations for the TV categories of the Golden Globes with four nods.
The nominations for the 71st Golden Globes were announced yesterday by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which included nominations for Best Mini-Series or Motion PIcture Made For Television.
Three other nominations went to Rob Lowe, Matt Damon and Michael Douglas, who were all featured in the film.
Orange is the New Black, which has been commended for its portrayal of a trans character, was also recognised.
Winners will be announced on 12 January.
The film earlier this year won three Emmys, including one for best TV movie. Sir Elton John paid homage to Liberace at the Primetime Emmy Awards in a special performance in September.
In January, Steven Soderburgh said Behind the Candelabra was turned down by the big Hollywood studios for being “too gay.”
It didn’t get a screen run in the US but was shown at cinemas across the UK and in other countries.
When the film debuted on HBO in May, it achieved the highest ratings for a TV film in the US since 2004.
Executive producer Jerry Weintraub said in June: “We had three and a half million homes just on Sunday night (when the film was broadcast on HBO in America) and that’s without the TEVO-ing. When we’re finished, God knows how many millions of people will see this film and that’s what we wanted. That’s why we made it.”

Liberace film Behind the Candelabra leads Golden Globe TV nominations with four nods Behind-The-Candelabra

Brilliant film and well worth a watch!  cheers

Back to top Go down

Liberace film Behind the Candelabra leads Golden Globe TV nominations with four nods Empty Re: Liberace film Behind the Candelabra leads Golden Globe TV nominations with four nods

Post by ALLAKAKA Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Four nods , a wink, wink , a nudge ,nudge and a say no more. LOL

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Liberace film Behind the Candelabra leads Golden Globe TV nominations with four nods Empty Re: Liberace film Behind the Candelabra leads Golden Globe TV nominations with four nods

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:08 pm

Well done to them. Hope they win Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:Well done to them. Hope they win Wink

It's a very good film..Drags you through the mire a bit though!

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Catman wrote:

I will keep a note of it when it comes on Sky Wink
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:14 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Catman wrote:

I will keep a note of it when it comes on Sky Wink

Cool Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:16 pm

On a different note have you seen Gravity?

It was the worst 90 mins of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:25 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:On a different note have you seen Gravity?

It hasn't been released on Lovefilm yet....But thanks for the warning!  Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Catman wrote:

I made the mistake of bothering to watch it in the cinema! In the new designer outlet!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Catman wrote:

I made the mistake of bothering to watch it in the cinema! In the new designer outlet!

I love Sci-fi films....I want to see that new Superman film, but that's not being released for rental until the end of January  No 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down