NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Ta-ra luv!" Cilla Black dies aged 72

4 posters

Go down

"Ta-ra luv!" Cilla Black dies aged 72 Empty "Ta-ra luv!" Cilla Black dies aged 72

Post by eddie Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:02 pm

has been confirmed that screen legend, Cilla Black, passed away in her Spanish home, aged 72.
Spanish police said in a statement: “I can confirm the death of British national Priscilla White, aged 72.
“We are still awaiting autopsy results but everything at this stage is pointing towards her death being the result of natural causes.”

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/125667543699/tv-icon-cilla-black-dies-aged-72

Rest in peace Cilla x

Last edited by eddie on Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

"Ta-ra luv!" Cilla Black dies aged 72 Empty Re: "Ta-ra luv!" Cilla Black dies aged 72

Post by nicko Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:06 pm

RIP CILLA, if true. nothing mentioned on Sky etc.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

"Ta-ra luv!" Cilla Black dies aged 72 Empty Re: "Ta-ra luv!" Cilla Black dies aged 72

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:31 pm

nicko wrote:RIP CILLA, if true.  nothing mentioned on Sky etc.
Just heard OMG i am gob smacked how very very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:56 pm

I liked her persona very much just didn't like the programmes she hosted

May she rest in peace x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:35 pm

If she meets her Bobby it will be"step inside love"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:09 pm

I hope someone is singing her 'The Liverpool Lullaby' RIP Cilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:52 pm

RIP Cilla. So sad news.

Loved her 'You're my World' version. When I was an apprentice and went into the engineering power plant with the jennies banging away and there were no ear defenders then you could sing that song as loud as you wanted and you were great at it. The beat was just like the music. Try it

And there is a nice little interview at the end with Keith Fordyce on Ready Steady Go

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:23 pm

FGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Daily Mail being 'classy' again

"Ta-ra luv!" Cilla Black dies aged 72 CLkDwEUWwAAJu3H

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Awww, I heard "Step inside love" last night, and felt sad - I love that song. I did like Cilla, although I wasn't particularly keen on the shows she did.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Do think they are going OTT with the coverage though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:40 pm

sassy wrote:Do think they are going OTT with the coverage though!

I haven't really followed it much Sassy. I heard about her death on Sunday from someone else, and I haven't read much about it tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:42 pm

It's been every time you turn on the tv or radio. I liked her, as you say, not her programmes, not my cup of tea, but it's been nearly as bad as Princess Di!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:45 pm

sassy wrote:It's been every time you turn on the tv or radio.  I liked her, as you say, not her programmes, not my cup of tea, but it's been nearly as bad as Princess Di!

I don't listen to the radio or watch TV much really. People always seem to go a bit OTT when someone famous dies.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:46 pm

I do love the radio, Radio 2 first thing for a jig to get me going, then Radio 4 because it's so much more interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Part of it is because of a time gone by isn't it? The natural thing is for all her old songs to be played - from the 1960s. It's a kind of nostalgia as much as anything.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Cilla Black died of a stroke after falling and hitting her head at her Spanish villa, her sons have confirmed.

The 72-year-old was sunbathing on her private terrace at her villa in Estepona when she got up, lost her balance and fell.

A post-mortem examination revealed she was knocked unconscious and died of a stroke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:28 pm

korban dallas wrote:Cilla Black died of a stroke after falling and hitting her head at her Spanish villa, her sons have confirmed.

The 72-year-old was sunbathing on her private terrace at her villa in Estepona when she got up, lost her balance and fell.

A post-mortem examination revealed she was knocked unconscious and died of a stroke.

Oh dear. I presume they can tell if the fall came first and then the stroke rather than the other way round. So it was an accident really which brought on a stroke. Maybe she would have had one soon anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
korban dallas wrote:Cilla Black died of a stroke after falling and hitting her head at her Spanish villa, her sons have confirmed.

Oh dear. I presume they can tell if the fall came first and then the stroke rather than the other way round. So it was an accident really which brought on a stroke. Maybe she would have had one soon anyway.
no i don`t think they can raggs

when my dad died about 26 years ago it was the same scenario as he went out the front door, we think he tripped over the dog and banged his head on the concrete that we think brought on a stroke and the part of his brain that controlled breathing shut down he was unconscious for a few days and died when they took him of the ventilator it was a little bit more horrible than that but broadly the same the doctors couldn`t  say if it was the fall then stroke or stoke then fall

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:46 pm

sassy wrote:I do love the radio, Radio 2 first thing for a jig to get me going, then Radio 4 because it's so much more interesting.

I like radio 2. I miss Terry Wogan though Sad

I do like Ken Bruce too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:48 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

no i don`t think they can raggs

when my dad died about 26 years ago it was the same scenario as he went out the front door, we think he tripped over the dog and banged his head on the concrete that we think brought on a stroke and the part of his brain that controlled breathing shut down he was unconscious for a few days and died when they took him of the ventilator it was a little bit more horrible than that but broadly the same the doctors couldn`t  say if it was the fall then stroke or stoke then fall

I suppose that if a fall caused a stroke, it would be a hemorrhagic one rather than an ischemic one.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:52 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:I do love the radio, Radio 2 first thing for a jig to get me going, then Radio 4 because it's so much more interesting.

I like radio 2. I miss Terry Wogan though Sad

I do like Ken Bruce too.

I do, doesn't look like what my brain pictured him as though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Sounds as though she had a very emotional send off today Sad

Rest in Peace Cilla, much loved x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down