NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davis Cup: Andy Murray may inspire Britain to win competition

2 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Davis Cup: Andy Murray may inspire Britain to win competition Empty Davis Cup: Andy Murray may inspire Britain to win competition

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:03 am

Whisper it quietly, but Great Britain could just win the Davis Cup this year.

Belgium have accounted for holders Switzerland, and Argentina for Serbia. The strongest all-round team in the competition were France, until GB finished them off on a memorable weekend at the Queen's Club.

Andy Murray is the only top-10 player who can feature in the semi-finals.

"With the position we're in just now, we'd love to do it," said Murray, as he looked forward to a third successive home tie against a fellow Grand Slam nation.

Britain will play Australia in the middle of September, with the winners to face either Belgium or Argentina in the final at the end of November.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/33590762

What a fantastic that result was for Great Britain so who knows - we might just do it.

Next up Austrailia
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Davis Cup: Andy Murray may inspire Britain to win competition Empty Re: Davis Cup: Andy Murray may inspire Britain to win competition

Post by nicko Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:49 am

Have never seen a gob as big as his, he could GET A tennis ball in it,and when he talks [drones] he bores the shit out of me. I HOPE HE WINS THOUGH.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Davis Cup: Andy Murray may inspire Britain to win competition Empty Re: Davis Cup: Andy Murray may inspire Britain to win competition

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:51 am

nicko wrote:Have never seen a gob as big as his,  he could GET A  tennis ball in it,and when he talks [drones]  he bores the shit out of me.     I HOPE HE WINS THOUGH.

lol!

Best quote of the day..

Agreed I hope the whole team win and if Murray helps bring that about then that is fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:45 pm

nicko wrote:Have never seen a gob as big as his,  he could GET A  tennis ball in it,and when he talks [drones]  he bores the shit out of me.     I HOPE HE WINS THOUGH.

You are right to want Andy Murray to win Nicko. Andy is a British sporting hero who won Wimbledon for the country and a Gold medal at the Olympics and he did that in spite of all the little snotty comments that have been fired at him over the years.

Maybe it's a trait in Arsenal fans that they all have big gobs. See here...

Davis Cup: Andy Murray may inspire Britain to win competition Murray1

True in'it? They do Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:08 am

LOL! Up the Hammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:13 am

Up the Jam Tarts

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:37 am

Wow, that's a bit futuristic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down