NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan

3 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan Empty U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:06 am

U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan Abby-Wambach-Flag
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan Empty Re: U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan Abby-Wambach-Flag
congratulaions USA USA USA

Back to top Go down

U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan Empty Re: U.S. women take World Cup championship 5-2 over Japan

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 am

I knew that photo of Wambach would be all over the Internet Smile

Nice to see her still contributing; I think she said before she's been doing this half her life now.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:14 am

Two goals in the first 5 mins. Lloyd was going crazy. Four goals in the first half.

USA cruised over Japan.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:17 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I knew that photo of Wambach would be all over the Internet Smile

Nice to see her still contributing; I think she said before she's been doing this half her life now.

I don't believe she scored, did she? USA had four goals by halftime. Lloyd had three.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:19 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I knew that photo of Wambach would be all over the Internet Smile

i think i saw that i saw on Rachel Maddow this is her last game as a professional
don`t quote me on that

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:20 am

korban dallas wrote:

i think i saw that i saw on Rachel Maddow this is her last game as a professional
don`t quote me on that

Yep. That's correct.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:24 am

Original Quill wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
don`t quote me on that

Yep.  That's correct.
Thanks i don`t really follow any football to be honest not even sure what bat you use to play it :-) But i do watch Rachel Maddow quite a lot hence the little tit bit of relevant information

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:26 am

Original Quill wrote:

I don't believe she scored, did she?  USA had four goals by halftime.  Lloyd had three.
first hat trick by a woman apparently well done

whys it called a hat trick ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:53 am

korban dallas wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't believe she scored, did she?  USA had four goals by halftime.  Lloyd had three.

Apparently it originated in cricket, a guy years ago scored three straight wickets and his teammates pooled their money and bought him a new hat to reward him Smile

As for Wambach, she was great as a super-sub in this game. I think the threat she represented kept Japan from committing to too overtly offensive a posture. Forcing Japan to even think about defense may have kept a goal or two from going in during the final 15-plus minutes, because they were attacking quite well as it was and they had an offense that must have given opposing managers nightmares.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Apparently it originated in cricket, a guy years ago scored three straight wickets and his teammates pooled their money and bought him a new hat to reward him Smile

As for Wambach, she was great as a super-sub in this game. I think the threat she represented kept Japan from committing to too overtly offensive a posture. Forcing Japan to even think about defense may have kept a goal or two from going in during the final 15-plus minutes, because they were attacking quite well as it was and they had an offense that must have given opposing managers nightmares.
Thanks for that all ways nice to learn something new

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:07 am

Well done USA. I didn't see the match but I saw some clips and one of the goals was almost a carbon copy of David Beckham's lomg ranger from around the half way line.

It's been a great competition that has done wonders to raise the profile of womens football.

Great stuff.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Carli Lloyd's third goal was a 50-yarder. A hat-trick in 15-minutes.

But it was the defense. Japan's triangle offense has given others fits. But the US girls just ironed them flat.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down