NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘The Unbelievers’ Chronicles Road Tripping Scientists Promoting Reason

3 posters

Go down

‘The Unbelievers’ Chronicles Road Tripping Scientists Promoting Reason Empty ‘The Unbelievers’ Chronicles Road Tripping Scientists Promoting Reason

Post by Lurker Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Two years ago, a pair of scientists set off on a barnstorming tour to save the world from religion, promote science and reason, and sell a few books.
Their adventure is now the subject of “The Unbelievers,” a documentary out just in time for Christmas, opening for a week in Manhattan on Friday.
If you think a road trip with a pair of intellectuals wielding laptops is likely to lack drama, you haven’t been keeping up with the culture wars. A reviewer in The Los Angeles Times called it “a high-minded love fest between two deeply committed atheistic intellectuals and their rock-star-like fan base.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/10/science/space/the-unbelievers-chronicles-road-tripping-scientists-promoting-reason.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

‘The Unbelievers’ Chronicles Road Tripping Scientists Promoting Reason Empty Re: ‘The Unbelievers’ Chronicles Road Tripping Scientists Promoting Reason

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Man, I want to see this -- I will find a way!!!! Smile

It was also cool to seen in Krauss a guy who's 20 years older than me and dresses like more of a grown-up child than even I do ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

‘The Unbelievers’ Chronicles Road Tripping Scientists Promoting Reason Empty Re: ‘The Unbelievers’ Chronicles Road Tripping Scientists Promoting Reason

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:06 pm

I got to see that film  :D 
Krauss is awesome, love his other presentations. So good at explaining stuff. not the biggest fan of Dawkins. glad the review sums up what I think.

They make an engaging, if contrasting, couple. Dr. Dawkins, perhaps the world’s best-known atheist after the success of his books “The Selfish Gene” and “The God Delusion,” cuts a dapper figure, often in a suit and flowery tie, a shock of silver hair falling across his forehead. “Science is wonderful; science is beautiful,” he says in that irresistible English accent. “Religion is not wonderful; it is not beautiful. It gets in the way.”

Dr. Krauss, the author of “A Universe From Nothing: Why There Is Something Rather Than Nothing,” is more rumpled, peppery and casual; his wardrobe often features red sneakers. He comes across as a tireless fount of ideas and quips, with a puppy-dog enthusiasm for science and the spotlight, dancing on the stage in one affecting moment and eager to provoke. At one point, Dr. Krauss asks his companion which he would prefer: “a chance to explain science or destroy religion?”

He is blessed with a professional’s sense of comedic timing.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down