NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No difference in kids with same-sex, opposite-sex parents: study

+4
eddie
nicko
Eilzel
Tommy Monk
8 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

No difference in kids with same-sex, opposite-sex parents: study Empty No difference in kids with same-sex, opposite-sex parents: study

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 am

Scientists agree that children raised by same-sex couples are no worse off than children raised by parents of the opposite sex, according to a new study co-authored by a University of Oregon professor.The new research, which looked at 19,000 studies and articles related to same-sex parenting from 1977 to 2013, was released last week, and comes as the U.S. Supreme Court is set to rule by the end of this month on whether same-sex marriage is legal.“Consensus is overwhelming in terms of there being no difference in children who are raised by same-sex or different- sex parents,” University of Oregon sociology professor Ryan Light said on Tuesday.

Light, who co-authored the study with Jimi Adams of the University of Colorado at Denver, said the study may be too late to affect the court’s ruling this month but he hopes it will have an impact on future cases.

"I hope we’ll see acceptance of gay marriage of the courts and by the public at large," he said.The studies, Light said, showed some disagreement among scientists on the outcome of same-sex parenting in the 1980s but it largely subsided in the 1990s, and a clear consensus had formed by 2000 that there is no difference between same-sex and different-sex parenting in the psychological, behavioral or educational outcomes of children.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/23/us-usa-gaymarriage-study-idUSKBN0P32AM20150623

Back to top Go down

No difference in kids with same-sex, opposite-sex parents: study Empty Re: No difference in kids with same-sex, opposite-sex parents: study

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:33 am

oh cool good job the report came just in time then..lol

another agenda forced forward..

Back to top Go down

No difference in kids with same-sex, opposite-sex parents: study Empty Re: No difference in kids with same-sex, opposite-sex parents: study

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:46 pm

So only a couple of days after one 'report' claiming offending rates were higher in children from the care system... now this on claiming children fare the same with homosexuals as with normal parents!!!

What A load of Bollocks!!!

There has already been plenty of evidence that children fare best with a mother and a father.

That is a fact!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So only a couple of days after one 'report' claiming offending rates were higher in children from the care system... now this on claiming children fare the same with homosexuals as with normal parents!!!

There has already been plenty of evidence that children fare best with a mother and a father.

That is a fact!!!

No as seen the evidence proves you have nothing to counter.
All you are doing is talking shite.
The evidence from so many studies states the same.
Yes you do talk bollocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Waffle...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 pm

It's no surprise that with homophobic attitudes in terminal decline they are realising kids are at no disadvantage with gay parents. Good to hear this Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So only a couple of days after one 'report' claiming offending rates were higher in children from the care system... now this on claiming children fare the same with homosexuals as with normal parents!!!

That is a fact!!!

good point...

i wonder what no worse off actually means...

did they do any research on if they turn out gay with gay parents...

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Homosexuals can't have children.

A child has a mother and a father.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Homosexuals can't have children.

i thought a million researchers agreed a child requires a mother and father to grow up well adjusted..funny how agenda's rewrite things..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Homosexuals can't have children.

Are you saying a homosexual cannot reproduce?
Are you sure?

Take your time.

In fact the whole human population could be homosexual and they would still be able to reproduce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:17 pm

If tommy is simply pointing out two men alone cannot produce a child then it might be the first thing he's ever got right lol

Irrelevant and pointless but still.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:20 pm

It still isn't the normal upbringing for children no matter how many studies are done .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:It still isn't the normal upbringing for children no matter how many studies are done .

The evidence proves otherwise.
So is it normal for a single parent to raise a child?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:26 pm

I don't give a monkey's what the latest bull shit study suggests . Children should be brought up with a mother and father .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:I don't give a monkey's what the latest bull shit study suggests . Children should be brought up with a mother and father .

So you are not interesting in the truth and facts then.
You have no evidence its bullshit.
So you think single parents are incapble of raising children then by stating only a mother and father can raise a child.
What an insult to many great single mothers and fathers who raise children on their own.
Children should be brought up by people who love and care for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Children should have a Mother and Father, [just my opinion].
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:50 pm

nicko wrote:Children should have a Mother and Father, [just my opinion].

Why Nicko?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:I don't give a monkey's what the latest bull shit study suggests . Children should be brought up with a mother and father .

So you think single parents are incapble of raising children then by stating only a mother and father can raise a child.
What an insult to many great single mothers and fathers who raise children on their own.

just because a study says its fact doesn't mean anything . No didge children should be brought up in an environment that is normal and two mothers or two fathers is not normal . I have every right to my opinion so don't try to change my mind i have made my mind up and i came to the conclusion that it is not normal to bring children up in a gay home Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 pm

I posted the results of a study months ago where children brought up in a background of where the parent was a homosexual fared considerably worse than others.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I posted the results of a study months ago where children brought up in a background of where the parent was a homosexual fared considerably worse than others.

I'm just reading one now and it is saying the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:33 pm

I only speak the truth.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:21 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

just because a study says its fact doesn't mean anything . No didge children should be brought up in an environment that is normal and two mothers or two fathers is not normal . I have every right to my opinion so don't try to change my mind i have made my mind up and i came to the conclusion that it is not normal to bring children up in a gay home Razz

I am afraid it does mean many things, mainly that people like yourself ignore facts Dibs. Normal is a loving caring home that looks after the children where again you can offer no reason what makes it not normal. You can keep your views here, it just shows sadly you want to be left behind with the vast majority in society.
Shame really

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:26 pm

nope only in your opinion didge .
Normal is mum and dad not dad and dad and mum and mum .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:nope only in your opinion didge .
Normal is mum and dad not dad and dad and mum and mum .

Normal is the following

Mum and dad
Mum
Dad
Dad and dad
Mum and Mum.

In many cases they raise healthy happy children and the facts proves this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Only in the minds of those who have been brainwashed .
Normal mum and dad = fact

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:03 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Only in the minds of those who have been brainwashed .

The evidence shows otherwise that children raised in the various different situations who are cared and loved for grow up very happy and healthy.
You can keep denying the facts, but it will not change these facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:Only in the minds of those who have been brainwashed .

always has been the best way always will be the best way... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Interesting Vod that you should say that it isn't "normal"

What is normal then?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:34 pm

eddie wrote:Interesting Vod that you should say that it isn't "normal"

What is normal then?
I thought i already explained what i thought to didge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:53 pm

The important question is, why do some people angrily declare that they get to dictate what's normal?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:The important question is, why do some people angrily declare that they get to dictate what's normal?

i know i say exactly the same thing when people tell Christians that they shouldn't take children to church its terrible isn't it Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
eddie wrote:Interesting Vod that you should say that it isn't "normal"

What is normal then?

Sorry I just replied to your post without reading the whole thread. I do that a lot!

Normal. Hmmmm. Mum and dad you say?

What about the many millions of mums and dads who fuck up their kids because they were unwanted in the first place?

They can't be bothered with them. I've seen it many times over the years Vod; children completely neglected because mum was too young/drunk/on drugs/in love/sleeping about/etc etc and got pregnant by MISTAKE.

Is that a good environment for children??? Are those children happy?

Ever heard of that saying:

None of the children of gay parents are accidents. They are all planned.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:The important question is, why do some people angrily declare that they get to dictate what's normal?

i know i say exactly the same thing when people tell Christians that they shouldn't take children to church its terrible isn't it Razz

Who tells Christian parents not to take their kids to church?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:13 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Who tells Christian parents not to take their kids to church?

many non believers they think the kids are being brainwashed.... Smile

funny how some will see things as potentially harmful well seeing other things as perfectly ok...

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:15 pm

What about the many millions of mums and dads who fuck up their kids because they were unwanted in the first place?

They can't be bothered with them. I've seen it many times over the years Vod; children completely neglected because mum was too young/drunk/on drugs/in love/sleeping about/etc etc and got pregnant by MISTAKE.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 pm

eddie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Sorry I just replied to your post without reading the whole thread. I do that a lot!

lol.. by your standards eddie this is really poor...

so you are saying gay parents can't be bad parents...

so you are saying all children to straight parents are accidents...

so you think choosing to have a child makes you a great parent...

never seen so many sweeping generalisations... hope you don;t call didge for that any more... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:20 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
eddie wrote:

never seen so many sweeping generalisations... hope you don;t call didge for that any more... Smile

She never claimed any of the above.
Point out where she did?
She has rightly pointed out that sometimes two parents is not a good situation for children just as it can be for single parents and even within homosexual parents.
What makes for a good parent is a loving and caring parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

Point out where she did?
She has rightly pointed out that sometimes two parents is not a good situation for children just as it can be for single parents and even within homosexual parents.

no she didn't read it again..

it implied everything I said... Smile

what makes for a good child is a normal upbringing, a mother and a father... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

Point out where she did?

what makes for a good child is a normal upbringing, a mother and a father... Smile

So now you are saying she implied.
Where to any of your points?
So you are saying normal is just having a mother and father?
I thought normal parenting was loving and caring, no matter who is the parent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:35 pm

eddie wrote:Normal. Hmmmm. Mum and dad you say?

I know but it is my opinion that it isn't normal its what i believe just like eli and didge believe it wrong to take children to church .

I know gay people do have kids but i can't help believing that the children will end up confused and probably gay .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

shut up for goodness sake lol you're like an old record

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:39 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I know but it is my opinion that it isn't normal its what i believe just like eli and didge believe it wrong to take children to church .

I know gay people do have kids but i can't help believing that the children will end up confused and probably gay .

Where did I claim that?
Its not against the law to brainwash your children with religion.
I thin parents should allow their children to decide over religion at a sensible age where they can understand, but I do not say they should not be able to take their young children to church.
So why are you lying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

So what if they end up gay?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:40 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

shut up for goodness sake lol you're like an old record

Sorry but trying to silence people is very much acting like a dictator trying to censor differing views. If you do not like my points, then do not read them, quite simple

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:41 pm

Firstly HF, that was one example - the unwanted children. I used this because, having worked in a school, I've seen it many many times firsthand.

My point was, gay parents CHOOSE to have a child, they have to plan and put in a lot of research, money, soul-searching etc so therefore they really want one.

Yes of course straight Parents do this too! But many children are born unwanted.

The main things children need are: love, warmth, care, time, nurturing and fun.
As far as I can see, two parents (or one), regardless of sex, can give these to children.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:44 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

so you want them to go through all the upset and trouble gay people have had to go through... we all know its a tough life because every gay in the world never shuts up about it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:44 pm

eddie wrote:Firstly HF, that was one example - the unwanted children. I used this because, having worked in a school, I've seen it many many times firsthand.

My point was, gay parents CHOOSE to have a child, they have to plan and put in a lot of research, money, soul-searching etc so therefore they really want one.

Yes of course straight Parents do this too! But many children are born unwanted.

The main things children need are: love, warmth, care, time, nurturing and fun.
As far as I can see, two parents (or one), regardless of sex, can give these to children.

Yes. Loving adults who actually wanted the kid are obviously far better than a random couple that resents the kid -- whether or not in the second example one parent has a penis and the other, a vagina Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

so you want them to go through all the upset and trouble gay people have had to go through... we all know its a tough life because every gay in the world never shuts up about it...

It's people like you that make it hard for them, don't you get that?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

Children get ridiculed for lots of things. Take being ginger:
Would you tell your ginger wife that you'd better not procreate in case your kid is ginger too, and it might get bullied?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:02 am

Children are made by a male and female and the best home environment forta child is with the mother and father.

Unfortunately mother and father relationships sometimes break down or something happens to one of The parents.

This is not ideal and children do suffer as a result in majority of cases.

Some single people with children go on to choose to have A relationship with someone else and in a minority of cases that may be with someone of The same sex.

This again is not ideal for the child and again they may suffer as a result of this and maybe even more so if the new partner is same sex as remaining parent... but this child still has this actual real parent as primary custodian and in most cases still has the other natural parent also involved.

This is all very different from intentionally handing a child from the care system to a completly unnatural home environment without a mother and father figure within it.

The previous cases I listed are unfortunate but intentionally placing a child in anything other than a normal and natural mother father home is plain wrong.

A child who may have already had trouble and not the best start in life does not deserve to be a pawn in the game of 'equality' top trumps while having their own best interests totally ignored and not given any choice in the matter.

The childs needs and wants should be paramount.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next