NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why should the country pay to help fat people??

2 posters

Go down

why should the country pay to help fat people?? Empty why should the country pay to help fat people??

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:50 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3112051/It-s-fault-m-fat-Overweight-10-year-old-says-s-obese-mother-wants-government-fund-trip-4-000-weight-loss-boot-camp.html

Back to top Go down

why should the country pay to help fat people?? Empty Re: why should the country pay to help fat people??

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:58 pm

There's no reason at all why the Government should pay to send a kid to fat camp. If the kid doesn't ever feel full, she should see a doctor. Sending her to a camp to eat less and move more will not make a difference in the long run.

It's also up to her mother to decide what food is in the house, and to omit things which are more likely to lead to weight gain.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

why should the country pay to help fat people?? Empty Re: why should the country pay to help fat people??

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There's no reason at all why the Government should pay to send a kid to fat camp. If the kid doesn't ever feel full, she should see a doctor. Sending her to a camp to eat less and move more will not make a difference in the long run.

It's also up to her mother to decide what food is in the house, and to omit things which are more likely to lead to weight gain.

fat seems to have turned in to a disability, they should get a grip of their lives...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:17 pm

'Holly-Ann has a bad behavioural relationship with food. She knows what is healthy, but she doesn't know when to stop and she doesn't know what should be the right amount for her.

Nonsense. Of course she knows, she doesn't want to stop eating. I'm not knocking her - lots of people feel unable to choose being slim over eating too, but let's not pretend that they don't know they're eating too much, or eating the wrong things.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
'Holly-Ann has a bad behavioural relationship with food. She knows what is healthy, but she doesn't know when to stop and she doesn't know what should be the right amount for her.

Nonsense. Of course she knows, she doesn't want to stop eating. I'm not knocking her - lots of people feel unable to choose being slim over eating too, but let's not pretend that they don't know they're eating too much, or eating the wrong things.

time and time again you see documentaries about people thirty or more stone, someone keeps feeding them because they cannot feed themselves, the same with this case her mother needs to get a grip of her...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:34 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

time and time again you see documentaries about people thirty or more stone, someone keeps feeding them because they cannot feed themselves, the same with this case her mother needs to get a grip of her...

Yes. The one thing that fat people need to do is to admit that they are fat because they are eating too much. It's no big deal admitting it - loads of people do it.

If they feel the need to overeat, they need to understand why. This mother has not made an effort to address that. She is in denial because she's claiming that the girl doesn't know when to stop, when she knows very well that the girl is comfort eating. In fact, she did say that was the case. She's fat herself, so clearly she overeats too - she could try setting a good example for a start.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes. The one thing that fat people need to do is to admit that they are fat because they are eating too much. It's no big deal admitting it - loads of people do it.

If they feel the need to overeat, they need to understand why. This mother has not made an effort to address that. She is in denial because she's claiming that the girl doesn't know when to stop, when she knows very well that the girl is comfort eating. In fact, she did say that was the case. She's fat herself, so clearly she overeats too - she could try setting a good example for a start.

very true the mum on the picture isn't slim that is for sure, so the family diet wants looking at..

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:44 pm

I think that people have to stop getting upset about being fat, and understand that loads of people are prone to overeating, and that it can be corrected - if they want to correct it.

There are a lot of scare stories about what being fat does to you, but there's a lot of hype about it really. Getting upset will just make the person depressed and then they'll comfort eat even more.

The girl is 10 - that's young but clearly she's understanding why she's fat, and there's no reason why she can't address that herself, with the help of her mum, who could start some kind of weight loss programme for the pair of them.

I don't think that equating overeating with anorexia nervosa helps. Overeating is largely a habit, and habits can be hard to break, but I don't think it's the same as a pathological fear of eating or of getting fat.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think that people have to stop getting upset about being fat, and understand that loads of people are prone to overeating, and that it can be corrected - if they want to correct it.

There are a lot of scare stories about what being fat does to you, but there's a lot of hype about it really. Getting upset will just make the person depressed and then they'll comfort eat even more.

The girl is 10 - that's young but clearly she's understanding why she's fat, and there's no reason why she can't address that herself, with the help of her mum, who could start some kind of weight loss programme for the pair of them.

I don't think that equating overeating with anorexia nervosa helps. Overeating is largely a habit, and habits can be hard to break, but I don't think it's the same as a pathological fear of eating or of getting fat.

You can pretty much eat what ever you please as long as you exercise accordingly....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think that people have to stop getting upset about being fat, and understand that loads of people are prone to overeating, and that it can be corrected - if they want to correct it.

You can pretty much eat what ever you please as long as you exercise accordingly....

Hmmm, true, but that could be an awful lot of exercise HF. One could walk for a whole hour and then eat a Mars bar - the calories used up in one hour would be replaced in about 30 seconds. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Hmmm, true, but that could be an awful lot of exercise HF. One could walk for a whole hour and then eat a Mars bar - the calories used up in one hour would be replaced in about 30 seconds. Laughing

once you have got fat it is a nasty and dangerous spiral, you won't exercise so you get bigger but it can be dealt with like all addictions...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

once you have got fat it is a nasty and dangerous spiral, you won't exercise so you get bigger but it can be dealt with like all addictions...

I agree with that. For one thing, if you're fat you won't have as much energy, and then doing a bit of exercise seems pointless if you have lots of fat to lose.

It is quite a complex issue, but the more people get uptight about it, the more they'll fail to lose weight IMO. They say diets don't work. They do work, it's just that people can't or won't stick to them for very long, and then they get upset about it. They need to get in the right frame of mind, and realise that the fat didn't go on overnight, and it's not going to come off overnight either. It is possible to lose their taste for sweet things and for crisps, etc - it just takes a bit of time and commitment.

I often hear people say that they don't have time to exercise or they can't afford to join a gym, or whatever. Nobody needs to join a gym to get some exercise. Also, some people don't like the thought of exercise, so it's better to think of it as just being more active. That could be walking more instead of using a car, doing some gardening, or even the dreaded housework. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I agree with that. For one thing, if you're fat you won't have as much energy, and then doing a bit of exercise seems pointless if you have lots of fat to lose.

It is quite a complex issue, but the more people get uptight about it, the more they'll fail to lose weight IMO. They say diets don't work. They do work, it's just that people can't or won't stick to them for very long, and then they get upset about it. They need to get in the right frame of mind, and realise that the fat didn't go on overnight, and it's not going to come off overnight either. It is possible to lose their taste for sweet things and for crisps, etc - it just takes a bit of time and commitment.

I often hear people say that they don't have time to exercise or they can't afford to join a gym, or whatever. Nobody needs to join a gym to get some exercise. Also, some people don't like the thought of exercise, so it's better to think of it as just being more active. That could be walking more instead of using a car, doing some gardening, or even the dreaded housework. Laughing

I think the biggest mistake people make when trying to lose weight is by trying to drastically change their eating habits to foods they will not continue eating after some weight loss, your food intake must be something you are willing to maintain or you will go back to your old eating habits and put the weight back on, another thing is to adjust when you eat, eat more in the mornings and afternoon and avoid larger meals later on and the body has more chance to burn of the calories...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I think the biggest mistake people make when trying to lose weight is by trying to drastically change their eating habits to foods they will not continue eating after some weight loss, your food intake must be something you are willing to maintain or you will go back to your old eating habits and put the weight back on, another thing is to adjust when you eat, eat more in the mornings and afternoon and avoid larger meals later on and the body has more chance to burn of the calories...

Yes. The trouble is that people dream of the day they can have chocolate or crisps again, and then of course they go too far when they stop the diet and they put weight on again.

What do you think about this theory that people put even more weight back on after a diet because their metabolism has slowed down? That makes no sense to me. I can see that their metabolism would slow down if they were eating less, but once they eat more again, surely it would go back up.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:52 pm

This child and mother need educating about what has gone wrong. there are obviously mental issues to get that big , her mother is responsible for her daughters size she should be placing in front of her some healthy food , boot camp won't help her she will go back to the same size afterwards and probably more.

All the mothe needs to do is ask for some help in them both eating a healthgy diet and the weight will drop off .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:56 pm

This bit made me titter.

I chose to be fat,

I think that she means she chose to eat too much rather than she chose to be fat. It's unfortunate that one thing follows the other. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:59 pm

All this nagging about how much exercise people need gets on my nerves though.

Children also need a minimum of 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise each day, which can be achieved in one session or through shorter bursts of 10 minute activity.'

Who times how much exercise children are getting? It's absurd. Just be active generally, as humans are designed to be, and stop obsessing about it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:All this nagging about how much exercise people need gets on my nerves though.

Children also need a minimum of 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise each day, which can be achieved in one session or through shorter bursts of 10 minute activity.'

Who times how much exercise children are getting? It's absurd. Just be active generally, as humans are designed to be, and stop obsessing about it.

When i was little i was out playing for hours on end when not at school , but i think parents are scared to let their kids out in case they get abducted or abused it isn't a safe world now is it.
When our boys were little we used to let them play in the garden with their friends and then play over at theirs , we arranged it with their parents because we just didn't like them wondering about .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:All this nagging about how much exercise people need gets on my nerves though.

When i was little i was out playing for hours on end when not at school , but i think parents are scared to let their kids out in case they get abducted or abused it isn't a safe world now is it.
When our boys were little we used to let them play in the garden with their friends and then play over at theirs , we arranged it with their parents because we just didn't like them wondering about .

Well the lady is currently unemployed, so she has plenty of time to take her daughter out on nice walks. Nobody needs to spend £4,000 on a "fat camp".

The child is blaming her mother for making her fat, but she obviously knows that overeating leads to weight gain, and she's old enough to decide whether to carry on doing that or not. In any case, she'll probably start dieting when she's a teenager anyway - without any prompting.

Her mother says she's tried everything, including portion control, but also says that her daughter keeps eating and eating in the evenings, so clearly she hasn't tried locking the food cupboard. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:35 pm

I do agree in principle with the idea of the government stepping in to take care of a child whose health is being threatened by the parents' failure to provide a proper diet. I don't think an expensive trip to a fat camp is necessary, though -- a social worker should just come out to their house and spend a little time educating them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:53 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:I do agree in principle with the idea of the government stepping in to take care of a child whose health is being threatened by the parents' failure to provide a proper diet. I don't think an expensive trip to a fat camp is necessary, though -- a social worker should just come out to their house and spend a little time educating them.

that certainly makes sense, if they are shown ho to keep a healthy diet it is up to them to stick too it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down