NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal

+2
Ben Reilly
Original Quill
6 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal Empty Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal CGbuBVJWoAAZL9J

The International Olympic Committee has made its first statement about Caitlyn Jenner's transition to a woman, responding to an online petition requesting that the organization, which runs the Olympic Games, revoke the gold medal Caitlyn (then Bruce) won during the 1976 Montreal Olympics.

In its response to the petition, IOC Communications Director Mark Adams tells Yahoo, "Bruce Jenner won his gold medal in the 1976 Olympic Games and there is no issue for the IOC."

The IOC has had difficulty in the past defining the difference between men and women as it pertains to athletic competition. While it's rare, several athletes — mostly women — have been found to have genetic anomalies which place them somewhere in between traditional labels of "male" and "female." In 2012, the IOC announced it would allow transgender athletes to compete against their chosen peers, assuming they meet three criteria: the athlete must have had gender reassignment surgery, the athlete must have legal recognition of his or her assigned gender in his or her home country, and the athlete must have completed at least two years of hormone therapy.

In the day since Yahoo published its initial story about the petition, more than 10,000 people have signed and the petition's writer has expanded the goal to 15,000. It appears to be all for naught, however, as the IOC's statment makes their position pretty clear: Caitlyn Jenner will keep her hard-won medal.

The sports world has, for the most part, accepted Jenner's transition with open arms. Next month, she will be honored at the ESPY Awards with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. It will be Caitlyn's first major public appearance since announcing her transition. That decision also has been met with more than a little consternation online, many arguing that Jenner does not deserve the award, that it should go to Noah Galloway or Lauren Hill. Responding to the criticism, ESPN has said: "The Arthur Ashe Courage Award is meant to honor individuals whose contributions transcend sports through courageous action. Sometimes that courage is demonstrated over the course of a lifetime and sometimes it is demonstrated in a single act that shines a light on an important contemporary issue. At all times, there are many worthy candidates. This year, we are proud to honor Caitlyn Jenner embracing her identity and doing so in a public way to help move forward a constructive dialogue about progress and acceptance."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal Empty Re: Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Where shall I start?

Back to top Go down

Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal Empty Re: Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Shady wrote:Where shall I start?

I have a better idea -- just don't.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:31 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:Where shall I start?

I have a better idea -- just don't.

That's a flippin' good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:40 pm

I take it that every cell composing his body contains the XY chromosome pair?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Shady wrote:I take it that every cell composing his body contains the XY chromosome pair?

Now now, now now. Now, now.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Shady wrote:I take it that every cell composing his body contains the XY chromosome pair?
de la Chapelle syndrome

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Hang on, am I missing something?
The person won a medal, yes?
Now that person is a different sex, yes?
But it's the same person, yes?

So the medal belongs to that same person......right? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 pm

korban dallas wrote:
de la Chapelle syndrome

Good evening Korben.

I had to Google that & came up with this on the Wiki:XX male syndrome (also called de la Chapelle syndrome, for Albert de la Chapelle, who characterized it in 1972[1][2]) is a rare sex chromosomal disorder. Usually, it is caused by unequal crossing over between X and Y chromosomes during meiosis in the father, which results in the X chromosome containing the normally-male SRY gene. When this X combines with a normal X from the mother during fertilization, the result is an XX male.

This syndrome occurs in approximately four or five in 100,000 individuals, making it less common than Klinefelter syndrome.[3][4].........

So if the above explanation applies Caitlan,then he has a disorder.....as per the text.

However,I am of the opinion that the Chapelle condition does not apply to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:59 pm

eddie wrote:Hang on, am I missing something?
The person won a medal, yes?
Now that person is a different sex, yes?
But it's the same person, yes?

So the medal belongs to that same person......right? scratch

The thing is Eddie,he won that medal in the male category of the event but if I remember correctly,he has even altered his birth certificate to read that he was born female & not male.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Now now, now now. Now, now.

Simply stating a fact.Don't go jumping to conclusions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:44 pm

What a petty and spiteful thing to do. The gold medal was won fair and square.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:47 pm

Shady wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
de la Chapelle syndrome

Good evening Korben.

I had to Google that & came up with this on the Wiki:XX male syndrome (also called de la Chapelle syndrome, for Albert de la Chapelle, who characterized it in 1972[1][2]) is a rare sex chromosomal disorder. Usually, it is caused by unequal crossing over between X and Y chromosomes during meiosis in the father, which results in the X chromosome containing the normally-male SRY gene. When this X combines with a normal X from the mother during fertilization, the result is an XX male.

This syndrome occurs in approximately four or five in 100,000 individuals, making it less common than Klinefelter syndrome.[3][4].........

So if the above explanation applies Caitlan,then he has a disorder.....as per the text.

Personally speaking i think this whole thing is rubbish ,he won as a man in a men`s race because he was physically a man ,some ass holes sing a petition to have his medal removed because he had a gender change ,how fucking spiteful can some people get

what i think ,maybe we should take medals of people retroactively for say loosing a limb and there for could not have run in the race they won a medal ,or dead people they cant compete any more in there field lets take there medals while we are at it .....F in Morons

but as to the syndrome i don`t know ether but i wonder if being gay is a result of these chromosome changes five in 100,000 seems a lot ,quick sum not sure i got it right mind

63,181,775 pop uk  four or five works out about 12.63 million people in this country with the syndrome (pretty sure i fukd up the maths ) the gay population is estimated at 545,000 homosexual and 220,000 bisexual adults in the UK.

i wonder if they is any correlation ..............

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:15 am

korban dallas wrote:
Shady wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
de la Chapelle syndrome

Good evening Korben.

Personally speaking i think this whole thing is rubbish ,he won as a man in a men`s race because he was physically a man ,some ass holes sing a petition to have his medal removed because he had a gender change ,how fucking spiteful can some people get

what i think ,maybe we should take medals of people retroactively for say loosing a limb and there for could not have run in the race they won a medal ,or dead people they cant compete any more in there field lets take there medals while we are at it .....F in Morons

but as to the syndrome i don`t know ether but i wonder if being gay is a result of these chromosome changes five in 100,000 seems a lot ,quick sum not sure i got it right mind

63,181,775 pop uk  four or five works out about 12.63 million people in this country with the syndrome (pretty sure i fukd up the maths ) the gay population is estimated at 545,000 homosexual and 220,000 bisexual adults in the UK.

between 2500 and 3200 people in the Uk would be affected, that is pretty rare but not super rare
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:31 am

who cares .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:38 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:who cares .

I googled this chap, and he's connected with the Kardashians - the famous-for-being famous lot. I therefore didn't bother to follow it up.

It seems a bit weird to want to take away his medal which he won in 1976 though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:who cares .

I googled this chap, and he's connected with the Kardashians - the famous-for-being famous lot. I therefore didn't bother to follow it up.

It seems a bit weird to want to take away his medal which he won in 1976 though.

Perhaps they feel he cheated by competing as a man and winning a medal then having a sex change where he is now a woman . I don't know lol Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:50 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Perhaps they feel he cheated by competing as a man and winning a medal then having a sex change where he is now a woman . I don't know lol Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal 2190311264

Wasn't he competing against other men though? I don't see the problem really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 am

I don't see any need to take her medal away as it seems an over the top reaction.

Equally,I feel it's an over reaction on her part to change her birth record entry from male to female.

And no matter how hard she tries,she still looks like a bloke dressed as a woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:12 am

korban dallas wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good evening Korben.

I don't know the answer either but she can't change the fact that she was born a male,no matter how much make up she wears,what surgery she has done & how she changes her birth certificate.

Good luck to her but the hero worship towards her by many people is unnecessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:27 am

If he had been a bloke competing against women, I could maybe understand it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:40 pm

korban dallas wrote:

Agreed Korben, the medal won in 1976 has absolutely nothing to do with his sex change.  Ridiculous No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Shady wrote:I don't see any need to take her medal away as it seems an over the top reaction.

Equally,I feel it's an over reaction on her part to change her birth record entry from male to female.

And no matter how hard she tries,she still looks like a bloke dressed as a woman.

mind you so does rising sun...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:45 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Shady wrote:I don't see any need to take her medal away as it seems an over the top reaction.

Naughty! Petition Seeking to Revoke Caitlyn Jenner's Gold Medal 1794926327
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:11 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

When did Christianity drop charity from it's platform?

Rude mate.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:13 am

Prettt shitty, actually. I'm not buying whatever an asshole like that is selling ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down