NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lung cancer therapy is 'milestone'

Go down

Lung cancer therapy is 'milestone' Empty Lung cancer therapy is 'milestone'

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:00 am

A lung cancer therapy can more than double life expectancy in some patients, a "milestone" trial shows.
Nivolumab stops cancerous cells hiding from the body's own defences, leaving the cancer vulnerable to attack.
The results from 582 people, presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology, were described as "giving real hope to patients". Lung cancer is the most deadly type of cancer, killing nearly 1.6 million people every year. It is hard to treat as it is often diagnosed late and many people with smoking-related diseases are unsuitable for surgery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32936877

Back to top Go down

Lung cancer therapy is 'milestone' Empty Re: Lung cancer therapy is 'milestone'

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:35 am

Belatucadros wrote:A lung cancer therapy can more than double life expectancy in some patients, a "milestone" trial shows.
Nivolumab stops cancerous cells hiding from the body's own defences, leaving the cancer vulnerable to attack.
The results from 582 people, presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology, were described as "giving real hope to patients". Lung cancer is the most deadly type of cancer, killing nearly 1.6 million people every year. It is hard to treat as it is often diagnosed late and many people with smoking-related diseases are unsuitable for surgery.

smoking is the main cause of lung cancer, but smoking can also stop Parkinson's diseas and so can drinking coffee .

I think after all the years of donations and cancer research they should have come up with a cure by now , what's taking them so long ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 9:47 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Belatucadros wrote:A lung cancer therapy can more than double life expectancy in some patients, a "milestone" trial shows.

smoking is the main cause of lung cancer, but smoking can also stop Parkinson's diseas and so can drinking coffee .

I think after all the years of donations and cancer research they should have come up with a cure by now , what's taking them so long ?

Dibs, we still have not even found a cure for the common cold. I have no doubt one day through science someone will find an answer. I remain positive on many things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 11:32 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

A very good point , what is taking so long..

on the research that really is a very small sample but i hope it leads to a huge breakthrough...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 10:04 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

i could explain but i am forced to ask my self ...what`s the point ,you won`t understand or agree or learn anything from it
you don`t even agree or seemingly understand the fundamental building blocks of biology or investigative science because if you understood any of this you would know why it takes so long

but i leave you with this
Killing cancer is easy ,any cancer, we can kill it with out fail every single time

The problem is keeping the patient alive as well

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 30, 2015 10:15 pm

Then why don't we KD? I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm interested to know...
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 10:17 pm

eddie wrote:Then why don't we KD? I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm interested to know...
about the flu or cancer ? pick your posion

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 30, 2015 10:24 pm

korban dallas wrote:
eddie wrote:Then why don't we KD? I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm interested to know...

Either....both

Go on. I'm all ears cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 10:46 pm

eddie wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Either....both

Go on. I'm all ears cheers
ask away or would you prefer 8 pages of biology lesson

so lets narrow the scope down as flu is a virus and cancer isn`t
what one of these do you want to start with ?
and what dont you understand about them
i assume you did biology in school ? what grade did you get

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Crap at science sorry!

thought you were going to tell me some kind of conspiracy thing? Hahaha
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2015 11:16 pm

eddie wrote:Crap at science sorry!

thought you were going to tell me some kind of conspiracy thing? Hahaha
No Eddie i don`t do conspiracy's ,

But happy to explain any questions on virology or oncology
i am by no means an expert but i have read and studied a lot on the various sciences school,collage ,The OU ,life
and am moderately versed in many disciplines as most science fiction fans are Cool

So what do you want to know

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down