NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just got my Obamacare account

5 posters

Go down

Just got my Obamacare account Empty Just got my Obamacare account

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Reports were that the website (healthcare.gov) should be working properly today. I went there, signed up for an account and had absolutely zero problems.

Within 15-20 minutes I was able to view the health insurance plans I would be eligible to buy and see what they'd cost me each month.

I found one perfectly good plan that would cost me about $2,200 in premiums per year. That's really not bad, considering my annual income. If I didn't already have a plan that costs less through my employer, I would probably pounce on it like a rat on a Cheeto. And consider that I'm in Texas, where our wonderful governor ...

Just got my Obamacare account Rick-perry-with-gun

... declined to allow further federal aid for insuring people.

For that matter, I'm convinced that the reason my through-employer insurance is lower is because it was trying to keep people like me from bolting. So either way, I've benefited from this new law.

It's not perfect, and I imagine there were be a lot of hassles for some people -- not all that different from the hassles of dealing with health insurance before Obamacare, and certainly preferable to dealing with the nightmares of not having health coverage.

In short -- it's looking, dare I say, like we did it! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Just got my Obamacare account Empty Re: Just got my Obamacare account

Post by veya_victaous Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:00 pm

thats nice ben Surprised 
 BUT.....
WTF is with Texas Governors
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
look at that guys face... you better not elect him president tongue   Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Yeah, he's never going to become president. For a really horrible reason, one not identified by me but by his own fellow hateful conservatives:

However, what Rick Perry cannot run on is his very questionable, liberal immigration record.

Perry appears to be a strong conservative candidate, but when you dig deep into his record, a different narrative emerges.
Perry has an immigration problem.

In 2001, Perry signed into law the very first Texas “Dream ACT.” It allowed the children of illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at any Texas university, as long as they graduated from a Texas high school.

Rick Perry defended the Texas “Dream ACT,” saying, “To punish these young Texans for their parents’ actions is not what America has always been about.”

Perry then jetted off to Mexico and bragged to the Mexicans that Texas passed this law, saying, “The message is simple, educacion es el futuro, y si se puede.” Education is the future, and yes we can.
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/conscience-conservative/2011/aug/15/rick-perrys-immigration-problem

This is the party that holds your one ounce of decency against you! :\\:[: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:09 pm

double WTF

well he seems better than he looks Cool (less crazy) Razz 

but that explains some of the confusing comments from conservatives you hear about him
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:28 am

George Bush was extremely liberal on immigration. hell he even spoke "Mexican". LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Caution Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:59 am

Nice to hear Ben! It seems the right is seeing the impending success grow as more people sign up, so have shifted their focus back on Benghazi and the IRS. They even muted their disdain for Reid's filibuster rule change so they could keep the focus on the website.
Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:50 am

They are so transparent.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks for the update, Caution -- believe it or not I'm not as plugged in to the news as I used to be Smile I can't seem to find a news organization that fits the bill ...

Thing about the Republicans shifting focus back to Benghazi and the IRS -- it's a really good sign, if only because they have this preternatural ability to attack the other side on just about anything they do. If the best they can come up with are a pair of conspiracy theories, they're pretty desperate Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Caution Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Try Fark, I've been going there daily for my news since I found it back in '06.
Caution
Caution
the Ghost who mods, Lord of the Shadow realms, *may contain peanuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cantankerous Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Thanks for the update, Caution -- believe it or not I'm not as plugged in to the news as I used to be :)I can't seem to find a news organization that fits the bill ...

Thing about the Republicans shifting focus back to Benghazi and the IRS -- it's a really good sign, if only because they have this preternatural ability to attack the other side on just about anything they do. If the best they can come up with are a pair of conspiracy theories, they're pretty desperate Smile
isn't that what all political parties and oppositions do?
Cantankerous
Cantankerous
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down