NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gay only resort!!! is this legal....??

+5
Eilzel
Lurker
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

gay only resort!!! is this legal....?? Empty gay only resort!!! is this legal....??

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 5:59 pm

http://www.keywesttorquay.co.uk/

or is it hypocrisy....

Back to top Go down

gay only resort!!! is this legal....?? Empty Re: gay only resort!!! is this legal....??

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:01 pm

I would say it's not legal, but they found a loophole apparently.

To comply with the equalities act we are a Private Members Club exclusively for Gay & Bisexual Men.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

gay only resort!!! is this legal....?? Empty Re: gay only resort!!! is this legal....??

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I would say it's not legal, but they found a loophole apparently.

To comply with the equalities act we are a Private Members Club exclusively for Gay & Bisexual Men.
we all know what hole they have found...... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:06 pm

https://www.misterbnb.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gbp-general

more hypocritical arseholes....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:07 pm

I don't know what would happen if someone set up a private members club for straight people only and ran a resort. I presume that would be allowed? If not, then the gay one shouldn't be allowed either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:09 pm

it's just plain hypocrisy, claiming offence while doing exactly the same thing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:10 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:it's just plain hypocrisy, claiming offence while doing exactly the same thing...

I know - it is really.

The Black Police Association isn't any better. They do have to allow white members though. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:11 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:it's just plain hypocrisy, claiming offence while doing exactly the same thing...

that's exactly right

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:19 pm

You might like this article HF.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Lesbian-s-anger-men-bar-rule/story-12351372-detail/story.html

Peter Gordon, co-owner of the hotel, said: "The resort is advertised as a gay resort for men.

"Men can be naturists in the garden and we don't want lesbians or straight men kicking off because it is in their face.

Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Lee Abbey is home to a Christian community on the breathtaking Devon coast. Individuals, couples, families and churches come to be renewed and inspired by God.

http://leeabbey.org.uk/devon/

We provide a place for retreat, rest, refreshment and connection for people from all walks of life.  Ashburnham Place is stewarded by the Ashburnham Christian Trust and is home to a serving community of Christians from many traditions.  We are set in 220 acres of stunning grounds and gardens with three lakes and an abundance of nature. Our commitment is to serving and resourcing people.

http://www.ashburnham.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You might like this article HF.

http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/Lesbian-s-anger-men-bar-rule/story-12351372-detail/story.html

Peter Gordon, co-owner of the hotel, said: "The resort is advertised as a gay resort for men.

"Men can be naturists in the garden and we don't want lesbians or straight men kicking off because it is in their face.

Laughing
ha ha there own discrimination speaks volumes.... total hypocrisy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Lucifer Angel of Light wrote:Lee Abbey is home to a Christian community on the breathtaking Devon coast. Individuals, couples, families and churches come to be renewed and inspired by God.

We provide a place for retreat, rest, refreshment and connection for people from all walks of life.  Ashburnham Place is stewarded by the Ashburnham Christian Trust and is home to a serving community of Christians from many traditions.  We are set in 220 acres of stunning grounds and gardens with three lakes and an abundance of nature. Our commitment is to serving and resourcing people.

Do they ban people who aren't Christians though?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:30 pm

For over 40 years the property which is now Quiet Waters has been providing a place of rest, renewal and spiritual refreshment to a wide variety of people from far and wide. Set in the quiet Suffolk countryside, just outside Bungay, we are literally a stone’s throw over the River Waveney from Norfolk.
It is an easy 10-15mins walk into the fine market town of Bungay and there are bus services to many places including Beccles, Great Yarmouth and Norwich and we are within easy reach of the coast.
We offer a choice of catering arrangements from bed only to full board, day groups with refreshments and lunch and main house bookings for groups for up to 7 bedrooms. Special dietary needs can be catered for.
Come and sense the presence of God bringing His peace and perspective as you wait on Him.

http://www.quietwaters.org.uk/

A Christian Retreat House - a place for rest and renewal

http://www.stantonhouse.org.uk/home.htm

Christian Holidays

The Christian Holiday People is a group of three holiday and conference centres, all in beautiful seaside locations in Wales, Norfolk and the Isle of Wight.

We have a long history, borne out of the Christian Endeavour organisation, offering holidays and accommodation for Christians of all ages and denominations, as well as non-Christians, with a passion for providing a high standard of hospitality and catering that is as relevant today as ever.

If you are looking for a family holiday, short break, special interest week or a conference venue where you can share times of leisure and spiritual fellowship with other believers, then The Christian Holiday People are just right for you.

http://www.christianholidays.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:30 pm

so do you think gays should be able to book a holiday in those resorts ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lucifer Angel of Light wrote:Lee Abbey is home to a Christian community on the breathtaking Devon coast. Individuals, couples, families and churches come to be renewed and inspired by God.

To comply with the equalities act we are a Private Members Club exclusively for Gay & Bisexual Men. Membership is automatic when booking to stay at the resort. For non residents it is included in the Sauna entry fee and to join at the Bar there is a charge of £4 which includes a drink.

You need to read what is posted Rags

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:so do you think gays should be able to book a holiday in those resorts ?

I see no reason unless they are a private club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Lucifer Angel of Light wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

To comply with the equalities act we are a Private Members Club exclusively for Gay & Bisexual Men. Membership is automatic when booking to stay at the resort. For non residents it is included in the Sauna entry fee and to join at the Bar there is a charge of £4 which includes a drink.

Er ... I already said that in my first post in this thread, so I have read it actually.

My question was regarding the Christian thing - do they ban people who are not Christians? If they don't, then I don't know why you are comparing the two places.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Er ... I already said that in my first post in this thread, so I have read it actually.

My question was regarding the Christian thing - do they ban people who are not Christians? If they don't, then I don't know why you are comparing the two places.

I have no idea, I guess if they are private they certainly would.
More to the point who is going to go to a Christian resort Rags?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:34 pm

So a Christian resort could ban gay people as long as they are a private club? They would have to say that one cannot be a Christian if one is gay, otherwise, how would they advertise themselves as not being for gay people?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:35 pm

It does say for non Christians too but they will have to accept gays because of the new laws, but i bet you no gays go on holiday there because they know they are not banned .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Non-Christians might. After all, non-Buddhists go to Buddhist centres.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:It does say for non Christians too but they will have to accept gays because of the new laws, but i bet you no gays go on holiday there because they know they are not banned .
if they make it a members only club they can say no to queers...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

We have done its wonderful to be in the presence of those who believe the same nothing wrong with that i hope . We have taken non Christians too who enjoyed it .

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Tue May 19, 2015 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Raggamuffin wrote:

Would they really?
I very much doubt it, unless they were looking to convert.
So this thread really was a tad silly in the end because as seen here and I can post plenty more there is many Christian resorts out there to accommodate Christians

Back to top Go down

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

We have done its wonderful to be in the presence of those who believe the same nothing wrong with that i hope .

You are a Christian though

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Would they really?
So this thread really was a tad silly in the end because as seen here and I can post plenty more there is many Christian resorts out there to accommodate Christians

Yes they would, and they do. They go to look around, look at the Temple, have a cup of tea, and walk round the grounds, or whatever. They even go on courses sometimes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:39 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

We have done its wonderful to be in the presence of those who believe the same nothing wrong with that i hope .

I edited it later on we have taken non Christians with us who enjoyed it .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:39 pm

The point is that this Key West resort has banned anyone who is not a gay man. The Christian place has not banned non-Christians.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Would they really?

Yes they would, and they do. They go to look around, look at the Temple, have a cup of tea, and walk round the grounds, or whatever. They even go on courses sometimes.

I am talking about a Christian resort, not a Buddhist center, which are far removed and very different.
Seriously do you know any non-Christians that go to Christian resorts.
I certainly do not, and my family are Christians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I doubt it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I am talking about a Christian resort, not a Buddhist center, which are far removed and very different.

Why is it different? People might want to go for the atmosphere, or they might be interested in Christianity without actually being a Christian - same reason non-Buddhists go to a Buddhist place really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:42 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I doubt it.

You doubt that we have taken non Christians to a Christian resort ,why ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Why is it different? People might want to go for the atmosphere, or they might be interested in Christianity without actually being a Christian - same reason non-Buddhists go to a Buddhist place really.

One is a holiday resort, the other a center.
You still miss the very point how there is countless centers catered for Christians.
Everything will be centered on Christianity will it not?
Do you want to go to a gay only private club?

Back to top Go down

most Christian events are geared up to attract non believers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I doubt it.

It looks nice - nice tea room and grounds, so I don't see why non-Christians wouldn't go there.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I doubt it.

Based on your manners today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:44 pm

how gross is this , typical gay resort..

http://www.keywesttorquay.co.uk/daddyhole-sauna

daddyhole sauna....

I wonder if they have a slide in the pool called the shit chute...lol

Last edited by heavenlyfatheragain on Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:most Christian events are geared up to attract non believers.

So its purpose is to convert then is it not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

You still miss the very point how there is countless centers catered for Christians.

People visit those centers on holiday. The point is that they're not banned from doing so.

I used to go to gay discos actually. My neighbours were gay and they used to take me and my flatmates to them.

I think you're missing the point tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:46 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:http://www.keywesttorquay.co.uk/

or is it hypocrisy....

I don't see how this is allowed if Christian B&B's have to accept gay couple's .
Does it seem fair at all be honest and state why it is any different please ?

Back to top Go down

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:most Christian events are geared up to attract non believers.

So its purpose is to convert then is it not?
nope it's purpose is to let them see the information... Smile

Back to top Go down

Raggamuffin wrote:

People visit those centers on holiday. The point is that they're not banned from doing so.

I used to go to gay discos actually. My neighbours were gay and they used to take me and my flatmates to them.

Okay lets look at the difference here.
So HF says they attract people to come, no doubt to attempt to convert.
A gay only private club is not there to convert anyone is it?
I think you are missing the whole point

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:http://www.keywesttorquay.co.uk/

or is it hypocrisy....

I don't see how this is allowed if Christian B&B's have to accept gay couple's .
Does it seem fair at all be honest and state why it is any different please ?

Because it's a private members club. If a B&B was a private members club, perhaps they could ban who they like (except on the grounds of race).
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I think you are missing the point we have queers getting in a hissy fit over bakers not wanting to promote queer ways while there are resorts, hotels and b&b's stating queers only !!!!!!!!!!!!!! HYPOCRISY AT IT'S FINEST...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Then of course there is private places like this:

A warm and friendly welcome is guaranteed at The Lorrens Ladies Health Hydro - a luxury ladies-only Day Spa and Residential Health Spa offering high quality but affordable Day Spa packages and all-inclusive Health Spa Breaks. Perfect for individuals and for groups, we offer quality treatments, care and personal attention. -

See more at: http://www.lorrens-health-hydro.co.uk/#sthash.IjExmfGr.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

The point is that the gay place has banned anyone who is not a gay man, and the Christian place has not banned anyone who is not a Christian.

I don't agree with HF anyway - people might go to the Christian place just because it's a nice place.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:52 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

I think you are missing the point we have queers getting in a hissy fit over bakers not wanting to promote queer ways while there are resorts, hotels and b&b's stating queers only !!!!!!!!!!!!!! HYPOCRISY AT IT'S FINEST...

No that is discrimination, which you miss the difference of.
Would you go on your own to a gay only club or want to?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

The point is that the gay place has banned anyone who is not a gay man, and the Christian place has not banned anyone who is not a Christian.

I don't agree with HF anyway - people might go to the Christian place just because it's a nice place.

Its a private club and thus breaks no rules.
Personally I do not like the idea of any type of club that bars people, but I can understand why some people would want one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:54 pm

I do wonder though what would happen if someone set up a private members club for straight people only.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Its a private club and thus breaks no rules.
Personally I do not like the idea of any type of club that bars people, but I can understand why some people would want one.

Yes I know it's not breaking any rules! FFS, do you read my posts at all?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next