NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

woman killed, people stoned to death, police jailed...

2 posters

Go down

woman killed, people stoned to death, police jailed... Empty woman killed, people stoned to death, police jailed...

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 12:27 pm

because of an alleged byrning of the koran...

bloody nutters...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-32791519

Back to top Go down

woman killed, people stoned to death, police jailed... Empty Re: woman killed, people stoned to death, police jailed...

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 12:32 pm

poor woman what a waste of life so young too, glad those responsible will be punished

Back to top Go down

woman killed, people stoned to death, police jailed... Empty Re: woman killed, people stoned to death, police jailed...

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:poor woman what a waste of life so young too, glad those responsible will be punished
people stoned to death for the murder , thats just barbaric...the koran again..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 1:36 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:poor woman what a waste of life so young too, glad those responsible will be punished

yeah and what i don't understand is why it is just a book that has millions of copies, yes i know it is Muslims holy book just like Christians have the holy bible but christians don't murder anyone if they burn a bible .

Last edited by Vicar of Dibley on Tue May 19, 2015 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the system didn't automatically make christian with a capital C like it does for muslims lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:

yeah and what i don't understand is why it is just a book that has millions of copies, yes i know it is Muslims holy book just like Christians have the holy bible but christians don't murder anyone if they burn a bible .

it's because they are loony...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 5:49 pm

Well at least they didn't get away with it - they would have under the Taliban.

The death sentence again for the murderers though - no comment this time!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 6:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well at least they didn't get away with it - they would have under the Taliban.

I'm against the death sentence .

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well at least they didn't get away with it - they would have under the Taliban.

I'm against the death sentence .

Me too, but I've been into all that on another thread, so what's why I'm not commenting about it on this thread.

Anyway, at least nobody turned a blind eye to this murder, and some very stiff sentences have been given. The one given to the police is a bit lenient, but at least they got jail time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 9:55 pm

I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Actually, not enough of those engaged in this despicable crime were dealt with, as countless were certainly involved. Many played an active part and again have no reservations on those sentenced to death here

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 19, 2015 10:03 pm

Lucifer Angel of Light wrote:

Actually, not enough of those engaged in this despicable crime were dealt with, as countless were certainly involved. Many played an active part and again have no reservations on those sentenced to death here

I agree there were more involved, but quite often one or two people are only charged. At least they charged quite a few.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2015 10:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lucifer Angel of Light wrote:

I agree there were more involved, but quite often one or two people are only charged. At least they charged quite a few.

I think they were left with little choice how many women rightly stood up against this crime.
Sadly before there would have been no justice as you say under the Taliban

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 21, 2015 11:14 pm

The physical Quran is treated with a great deal of respect in Islam:

1) One should make formal ablutions before handling the Qur'an or reading from its text.
2) One who is in need of a formal bath (after intercourse or menstrual bleeding) should not touch the Qur'an until after bathing.
3) A non-Muslim should not handle the sacred text, but may listen to tapes of the Qur'an or handle a translation or exegesis.
4) Those who are unable to handle the Qur'an based on these reasons should either avoid handling the Qur'an completely, or in necessity hold it while using some sort of barrier covering the hand, such as a cloth or a glove.

In addition, when one is not reading or reciting from the Qur'an, it should be closed and stored a clean, respectable place. Nothing should be placed on top of it, nor should it ever be placed on the floor or in a bathroom. To further show respect for the sacred text, those who are writing it should use clear, elegant handwriting, and those who are reading from it should use clear, beautiful voices.

http://islam.about.com/od/quran/f/mushaf.htm

Not that it justifies hurting anybody over it, of course. Obviously their society views this as an extreme overreaction and crime, given the fact that four people are being executed for murder and another 19 are being jailed for failing to protect the victim.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 22, 2015 6:16 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:The physical Quran is treated with a great deal of respect in Islam:

1) One should make formal ablutions before handling the Qur'an or reading from its text.
2) One who is in need of a formal bath (after intercourse or menstrual bleeding) should not touch the Qur'an until after bathing.
3) A non-Muslim should not handle the sacred text, but may listen to tapes of the Qur'an or handle a translation or exegesis.
4) Those who are unable to handle the Qur'an based on these reasons should either avoid handling the Qur'an completely, or in necessity hold it while using some sort of barrier covering the hand, such as a cloth or a glove.

In addition, when one is not reading or reciting from the Qur'an, it should be closed and stored a clean, respectable place. Nothing should be placed on top of it, nor should it ever be placed on the floor or in a bathroom. To further show respect for the sacred text, those who are writing it should use clear, elegant handwriting, and those who are reading from it should use clear, beautiful voices.

Not that it justifies hurting anybody over it, of course. Obviously their society views this as an extreme overreaction and crime, given the fact that four people are being executed for murder and another 19 are being jailed for failing to protect the victim.

What do you think the appropriate punishment should be for mishandling the Koran then Ben? A ten-year jail sentence maybe?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 22, 2015 6:22 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:The physical Quran is treated with a great deal of respect in Islam:

What do you think the appropriate punishment should be for mishandling the Koran then Ben? A ten-year jail sentence maybe?

Of course, I would never advocate someone be punished for mishandling any book, unless it wasn't theirs to mishandle.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 22, 2015 6:30 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Of course, I would never advocate someone be punished for mishandling any book, unless it wasn't theirs to mishandle.

Oh. You appeared to be excusing people who took revenge on anyone who mistreated it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 22, 2015 7:37 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Oh. You appeared to be excusing people who took revenge on anyone who mistreated it.

Yeah, no. Please read back what I actually wrote.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 22, 2015 8:10 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why did you bother to explain why those people got so upset then? If it had been a Bible, you wouldn't have done that.

Besides, it was only hearsay that the women burnt a Koran.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 22, 2015 8:29 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why did you bother to explain why those people got so upset then? If it had been a Bible, you wouldn't have done that.

Besides, it was only hearsay that the women burnt a Koran.

Since Christianity doesn't venerate the physical Bible nearly as much as Islam does, I thought it would be good to point out the cultural differences. For that matter, many Christians and Christian leaders can be shown to know really not very much about the Bible in the first place:

On average, Americans correctly answer 16 of the 32 religious knowledge questions on the survey by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life. Atheists and agnostics average 20.9 correct answers. Jews and Mormons do about as well, averaging 20.5 and 20.3 correct answers, respectively. Protestants as a whole average 16 correct answers; Catholics as a whole, 14.7. Atheists and agnostics, Jews and Mormons perform better than other groups on the survey even after controlling for differing levels of education.

http://www.pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/

Christianity is losing touch with its sacred literature in so many ways -- I remind myself of that every time I trim my beard, which is against Christian teaching ...

Islam can be an example, at times, of how nutty religion makes some people, just like the Christians who have murdered abortion doctors.

Which is why I come to the conclusion that religion isn't really what people hold sacred; it's just a way to define a tribe.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 9:58 am

Savages

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 22, 2015 10:42 am

Nems wrote:Savages

They are, and it annoys me sometimes that people like that are deemed to be in need of "protection" - they're probably just ordinary people who think it's fine to murder someone in that manner. It's time that these people were told they will not do that kind of thing with impunity.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 11:20 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

They are, and it annoys me sometimes that people like that are deemed to be in need of "protection" - they're probably just ordinary people who think it's fine to murder someone in that manner. It's time that these people were told they will not do that kind of thing with impunity.

Absolutely, sometimes its like we are still in the dark ages

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri May 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I think executing four people for her murder means that they can't do this kind of thing with impunity.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think executing four people for her murder means that they can't do this kind of thing with impunity.

I know, but this kind of thing does still go on as a "tribal practice" with a blind eye being turned in some areas. Look at how the police did nothing in this particular case. Some people there seem to think that it's perfectly normal, but hopefully, they will think twice.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 22, 2015 8:49 pm

so no reading it sat on the bog then ??????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down