NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist??

2 posters

Go down

Is this racist?

Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist?? Vote_lcap0%Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist?? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist?? Vote_lcap100%Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist?? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist?? Empty Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist??

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:43 am

In a blog post yesterday she wrote:
"If anyone thinks for a second that I requested specific ethnicities for the video, they're wrong. If anyone thinks that after asking the girls to audition, I was going to send any of them away because of the colour of their skin, they're wrong," Allen wrote.
"The message is clear. Whilst I don't want to offend anyone. I do strive to provoke thought and conversation. The video is meant to be a lighthearted satirical video that deals with objectification of women within modern pop culture. It has nothing to do with race, at all."
She goes on to say she worked on her twerk for weeks but couldn't dance nearly as well as the women in the clip.
"I'm not going to apologise because I think that would imply that I'm guilty of something, but I promise you this, in no way do I feel superior to anyone, except paedophiles, rapists murderers etc., and I would not only be surprised but deeply saddened if I thought anyone came away from that video feeling taken advantage of, or compromised in any way."
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist?? Empty Re: Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist??

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:52 am

I think she just said get some Hot sunny  RnB style back up dancers.... and they did Cool Cool Cool 

I have seen a bit of Lily Allen when she has been to Australia and I do beleive her when she says she wouldn't even notice the Race of the Dancers.

I think If someone didn't says something Pretty sure I just woud of went hot dancers and not noticed the Race either.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist?? Empty Re: Poeple saying Lily Allen is a racist??

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:17 am

I really like this song, sitting here at work with it on repeat, very catchy and smart lyrics
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:27 am

Another Beautiful Song
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:08 am

No, that's ridiculous. You listen to the words, you notice the fact that all the women (who appear to be of several different races) are there dancing with her, which seems to me to communicate that it's just as hard for them as it is for her, and I don't see where anybody gets racism out of that.

There's a really double standard applied to female artists in general. I remember the shit Courtney Love went through -- people said that Kurt Cobain wrote all the good stuff on "Live Through This" and that Billy Corgan wrote everything good on "Celebrity Skin." I've even heard people say that YouTuber Natalie Tran had all her stuff written by one of her exes and that's why she slowed down on video output.

Then there was the ridiculous controversy over this awesome song:

I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

Oh, here's another lady I admire:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:19 pm

She isn't racist at all, she made this a few years back about the far right BNP in this country.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:05 pm

@catman
Lolz I forgot abvout that song
love the chorus
the Beatleseque tune and the so joyusly sung
'fuck you, fuck you very very much'
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@catman
Lolz I forgot abvout that song
love the chorus
the Beatleseque tune and the so joyusly sung
'fuck you, fuck you very very much'
Her father is extremely anti racist, the song is about the leader of the BNP Nick Griffin.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:26 pm

We love Lily! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:39 pm

Yes I agree its good to see an artist actually talk politics
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:55 am

veya_victaous wrote:Yes I agree its good to see an artist actually talk politics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down