NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb

Go down

Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb  Empty Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Researcher reports ‘large quantities’ of the substance under ruins of Teotihuacan in discovery that could shed light on city’s mysterious leaders

An archaeologist has discovered liquid mercury at the end of a tunnel beneath a Mexican pyramid, a finding that could suggest the existence of a king’s tomb or a ritual chamber far below one of the most ancient cities of the Americas.

Mexican researcher Sergio Gómez announced on Friday that he had discovered “large quantities” of liquid mercury in a chamber below the Pyramid of the Feathered Serpent, the third largest pyramid of Teotihuacan, the ruined city in central Mexico.

Gómez has spent six years slowly excavating the tunnel, which was unsealed in 2003 after 1,800 years. Last November, Gómez and a team announced they had found three chambers at the tunnel’s 300ft end, almost 60ft below the the temple. Near the entrance of the chambers, they a found trove of strange artifacts: jade statues, jaguar remains, a box filled with carved shells and rubber balls.

Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb  1000

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/apr/24/liquid-mercury-mexican-pyramid-teotihuacan

Back to top Go down

Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb  Empty Re: Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:36 pm

Sounds very similar to the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor in china .........funny old world cultures so far apart with similar archaeological features

Back to top Go down

Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb  Empty Re: Liquid mercury found under Mexican pyramid could lead to king's tomb

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:36 pm

korban dallas wrote:Sounds very similar to the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor in china .........funny old world cultures so far apart with similar archaeological features    

Unsurprised is more how I feel on reading about similarities between two ancient cultures we truly really know very little about or how they may have indeed connections. I think it shows we presume to much about the past when to me we understand very little about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:24 pm

Nemesis wrote:
korban dallas wrote:Sounds very similar to the Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor in china .........funny old world cultures so far apart with similar archaeological features    

Unsurprised is more how I feel on reading about similarities between two ancient cultures we truly really know very little about or how they may have indeed connections. I think it shows we presume to much about the past when to me we understand very little about it.
yes ancient cultures ability's and technology are often far too underestimated by the
" modern" world

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:26 pm

korban dallas wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

yes ancient cultures ability's and technology are often far too underestimated by the
" modern" world

Agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down